Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

Sam McClure is on 3AW carrying on that Clarry will still be traded. I wish he would shut up and focus on the other trades going on. He is so full of it 🤮

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Sam McClure is on 3AW carrying on that Clarry will still be traded. I wish he would shut up and focus on the other trades going on. He is so full of it 🤮

Biggest [censored] in the media leading a field of plenty.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Foopy on the telly said:

For crying out loud champ, people are allowed to hold their club accountable. And very ordinary to call others ‘maggots’ on here as well.

While the media clearly loves stirring the pot about us (I really do hate Sam McClure), there is too much noise for one to stick their head in the sand and think “yeah, everything’s rosy over at Melbourne HQ”.

Whether you like it or not, the fact that all of this information has been leaked out to the media, points to an inability of the club to prevent information leakage. 

That’s an issue of the club and certain people privy to information who won’t keep their damn mouths shut. 

Firstly thanks for recognising who i am, and as long as the powers that be think that in its context, the use of the word Maggot is suitable, i will use it.

How do you know that all the information has been linked  to the media and not partially contrived or exaggerated, or just lies?

Your last para i agree with, and add, i love MFC because of their Captain, and Viney and all the rest of them. I love their military records and their House and their colours, and i especially love the way they don't submit to any Media.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Melbourne’s list manager: Clarry is not getting traded he will 100% be at Melbourne next year

Geelong’s list manager: We respect Melbourne’s position we will let it rest

Media: MELBOURNE AND GEELONG IN AN ALL OUT WAR OVER CLAYTON OLIVER 

🙄

• Like 7
  • Haha 11
  • Clap 3

6 hours ago, deejammin' said:

There’s a difference between being open to a trade and being able to engineer one. Players change their minds all the time. Petty wanted a trade last year, re-signed for four this year, Papley, Ben King etc. If you had an honest poll of player managers 5-10 players at every club would entertain a trade, especially if it was to a club contending.
Things change, which is why if he gets back to his best and we storm back up the ladder we’ll be very grateful both Clarry and Trac were on long term deals.

There’s also the question of whether the reason why Clarry was open to the trade was entirely true.
Was he open to a trade because his management was sniffing it out for six months as per Cornes?

Or was he hurt to find Pert had shopped him around? Per McClure and Morris

Or was the club pushing him out? Per Gleeson and Tohmey. 

Or was he just doing a bit of the grass is greener? I love my colleagues and my job but every few months I look around, if I had a manager to do that for more I’d probably do it more, even though I doubt I’d ever leave!

It’s human nature. It doesn’t mean we won’t keep him, that he won’t be happy at MFC as he has been for the rest of his career. And it surprises me anyone doubts how aggressive Geelong has been in getting him, while my quote post was tongue in cheek, no one at Geelong denies any of those actions. 

clarry is also very naive, emotionally immature and very suggestible ... it's why he gets impulsively misled and into situations he doesn't handle well off the field ... let's just say he not the deepest thinker.

having said all that awful stuff, he's still basically a shy country boy who can be quite likeable

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Melbourne’s list manager: Clarry is not getting traded he will 100% be at Melbourne next year

Geelong’s list manager: We respect Melbourne’s position we will let it rest

Media: MELBOURNE AND GEELONG IN AN ALL OUT WAR OVER CLAYTON OLIVER 

🙄

that was all last wed/thu news. nothing new added ... do they think the public are that fooled?

26 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Ahhhh, pretty sure we made the statement:

Richardson: We’re not trading Clayton. He’s an important member of our team and we look forward to him playing for us in 2025.

Brad Green: Oliver is in our starting midfield in 2025

Tim Lamb: We love Clayton Oliver and are super proud of him. He’s a valuable member of our team and was never up for trade. Goodwin and Richardson are in constant contact with him. 

Leigh Montagna: Melbourne need to decide whether they’re in or out on Oliver.

Sam McClure: Melbourne are still trading Oliver.

7 media+ Tohmey: Melbourne and Geelong are fighting about Oliver.

WTAF!! 🤯 The AFL media is an absolute joke! 

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

Ahhhh, pretty sure we made the statement:

Richardson: We’re not trading Clayton. He’s an important member of our team and we look forward to him playing for us in 2025.

Brad Green: Oliver is in our starting midfield in 2025

Tim Lamb: We love Clayton Oliver and are super proud of him. He’s a valuable member of our team and was never up for trade. Goodwin and Richardson are in constant contact with him. 

Leigh Montagna: Melbourne need to decide whether they’re in or out on Oliver.

Sam McClure: Melbourne are still trading Oliver.

7 media+ Tohmey: Melbourne and Geelong are fighting about Oliver.

WTAF!! 🤯 The AFL media is an absolute joke! 

We are the ones that shopped him around, now Tim Lamb says it was never our intention to trade him. (except if we were offered a great deal).

Sadly, we look like hypocrites 

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Seriously this guy needs to back off…

where’s Ray Shoesmith….

IMG_7657.jpeg

Starting any post as a media company with "I still think that..." should be grounds for revocation of your broadcast licence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KLV said:

We are the ones that shopped him around, now Tim Lamb says it was never our intention to trade him. (except if we were offered a great deal).

Sadly, we look like hypocrites 

Tim Lamb: “Shopped him around is not a correct statement.”

We categorically did not “shop him around” prove otherwise or stop supporting a media campaign that is getting more ridiculous by the day.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 2

Just now, deejammin' said:

Tim Lamb: “Shopped him around is not a correct statement.”

We categorically did not “shop him around” prove otherwise or stop supporting a media campaign that is getting more ridiculous by the day.

Are we to disbelieve the reports that Pert called select clubs telling them Oliver could be available?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KLV said:

Are we to disbelieve the reports that Pert called select clubs telling them Oliver could be available?

In the presser today, Lamb a dead set straight shooter, who wouldn’t even spin whether we were an attractive destination for players at the moment categorically denied that Pert “shopped around” Clayton Oliver. Pert may have spoken to clubs about a range of things, but Oliver was “was never up for trade” and not “shopped around”. So yes, I do not believe the reports Pert called one other club now, not even multiple clubs, Jay Clark was saying one club now, to offer Oliver in trade. Whatever happened, whatever the other club official who leaked this thought, or misrepresented, Lamb was clearly stating today we weren’t offering Oliver for trade. 

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

8 hours ago, deejammin' said:

I’m now very certain Geelong and Clarry’s manager caused this. They spoke to Pert to determine a value, we didn’t provide one, he was never up for trade, Geelong pushed hard to pitch to him, Clarry met with them but never asked for a trade. Geelong created the story and are trying to look graceful in backing away.

Whether Pert made a mistake and was drawn into a conversation about Clarry’s value stupidly given he wasn’t tradable is the only remaining question. This is far more a media than an MFC circus. Only possible one at fault is Pert.

The only MFC public statements from Richo, Green and Lamb have been 100% consistent. The rest is unconfirmed media whispers. 

I can't help but feel that most of this rubbish from both Tracc and Clayton's fiascos has been stirred up by their player management group. I.e. same company.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didn't a poster on here say that a question was asked about Oliver a couple of months ago and the club didn't shut it down? I think it's pretty obvious that Geelong contacted us about Clarry because it's been common knowledge they have been after him for a while. It sounds like lamb is telling the truth when he says we didn't shop him around. The question from Geelong wasn't shot down and then was leaked which is why Melbourne look really bad. It sounds like Geelong are just feeding the media in the hope we will crumble because of all the bad press. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Flowergirl said:

Didn't a poster on here say that a question was asked about Oliver a couple of months ago and the club didn't shut it down? I think it's pretty obvious that Geelong contacted us about Clarry because it's been common knowledge they have been after him for a while. It sounds like lamb is telling the truth when he says we didn't shop him around. The question from Geelong wasn't shot down and then was leaked which is why Melbourne look really bad. It sounds like Geelong are just feeding the media in the hope we will crumble because of all the bad press. 

According to Andrew Mackie Geelong was contacted by Oliver's manager who thought it might be in Clayton's best interest that he move to another club. 

Bear in mind that his manager would pick up 5% of a new contract.

Tim Lamb said Clayton was not shopped around. I believe him. I do not believe Pert made phone calls as McClure claims.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

No one should take Sam McClure seriously. Using the word "journalist" in the same sentence as him is not advisable.

Clarry with be at MFC next season and I am tipping he comes back with some good form in season 2025.

• Like 8
  • Love 2