Steven May staging fine

12 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

actually she's not employed

board members don't get paid

12 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you. I didn’t know that. My point is she deals with the admin side of things. 

Employed has numerous meanings, including the transitive verb 'to use advantageously'. For example: a task that employed her skills. I read @WalkingCivilWar's post in this sense. 

• Thanks 1

Goodwin presser nailed it. Last time larkey went goaless was Round 4 last year.

Nice comeback Simon. This industry reeks of double standards.

Whateley should have called Robinson out and May's should sent a legal threat to Robinson for retraction.

Gutless the lot of them.

• Like 3
  • Clap 3

20 hours ago, Hatchman said:

It set an appalling example to all the other players, especially the junior ones. It was a disgraceful act, the fine should have been a hell of a lot more

Our club needs to be better than this, little wonder that we are having the season that we are having, with players resorting to this kind of behavior. It is embarrassing.

What a load of bollocks. The bloke played Full Back in a premiership side. What have you done my friend?

Everyone in that team knows and admires the way  May plays, as do i. He  backs into packs, fronts into packs, and wears his heart on his sleeve and  how dare you criticize him for something that has been allowed to be in our game by little squirts like Ginnivan and Daicos.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Willmoy1947 said:

What a load of bollocks. The bloke played Full Back in a premiership side. What have you done my friend?

Everyone in that team knows and admires the way  May plays, as do i. He  backs into packs, fronts into packs, and wears his heart on his sleeve and  how dare you criticize him for something that has been allowed to be in our game by little squirts like Ginnivan and Daicos.

This.

The man has played with a 6cm hamstring tear and broken ribs. He gives his all and goes as hard as anyone.

He milked a free kick, so what. Every single player in the league has done that. It's not the best look, but the pile on has been pathetic. 

Where is the pile on on Lovechild Daicos who drops his knees, raises his arm and pretends to have been shot every time someone touches him?

I am sick to death of the AFL and the media constantly picking on our club. Give it a [censored] rest! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4
  • Vomit 2

6 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This.

The man has played with a 6cm hamstring tear and broken ribs. He gives his all and goes as hard as anyone.

He milked a free kick, so what. Every single player in the league has done that. It's not the best look, but the pile on has been pathetic. 

Where is the pile on on Lovechild Daicos who drops his knees, raises his arm and pretends to have been shot every time someone touches him?

I am sick to death of the AFL and the media constantly picking on our club. Give it a [censored] rest! 

As are we all. You get that smell that this has been blown up to counteract the charge into Patracca by St Moore.

Who incidentally loves to make known his oratory skills, which are "rambling zilch"

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

15 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This.

As are we all. You get that smell that this has been blown up to counteract the charge into Patracca by St Moore.

Who incidentally loves to make known his oratory skills, which are "rambling zilch"

And while i'm talking about Collingwood, what is going on with this jumping on top of the opposition by several players at a time and staying there until the poor players have submitted. I am waiting for someone to get dirt rubbed in their face or worse.  

22 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This.

I generally agree but not with the "so what" bit.

I don't like staging at all. I hate it when opposition players do it to us, and I hate it when our players do it. I can't stand it when Spargo does a Shuey/Selwood and raises an arm to draw high contact which he then exaggerates.

Particularly in a year in which concussion has never been a more relevant topic.

So it's fine IMO for May to be fined and to be called out to an extent. It's just been OTT in the extreme and no doubt won't be replicated the next time someone does it.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

I'm not surprised he got a fine. What I am surprised about is that he's been the only one in the last 12 months.

Rules seem to come and go. The AFL makes a point of enforcing rules sporadically and harshly, and then lets them drift off again.

• Holding the ball decisions have gone back to a negligible level after a supposed rule change. The ball-up rules.
  • Dissent penalties are now non-existent, early on you'd get one for just waving your arms or rolling your eyes.
  • The "umpire-sucker" feigned handball after a mark and "stand" has re-appeared, and umpires are awarding a 50m penalty again, despite the so-called rules tweak last year (see Windsor penalty on Saturday).
  • Push-in-the-back has a different interpretation every week.
  • Fifty-metre penalties are now 70 metres.
  • After the publicity, Staging will probably be next week's "rule of the week". Or forgotten entirely.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

On 23/06/2024 at 19:33, Wells 11 said:

Let’s hope the AFL  stay consistent on this… i’m becoming convinced the Iplayers practice it. 

If the snot goblins are so smart, well-selected and highly trained, how come so many Carlscum player utilise this free kick roundabout, so frequently, so universally, so blatantly and get away with it each time? Is there something wrong with the issued whistles they suck?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Vomit 1

The pile on that the MFC has received from the media this year is completely out of control & needs to stop. We are 8&6 fighting for a spot in the finals, you’d think we haven’t won a game.

The club has had to put up with a lot, some that the club & players need to take ownership of, (Oliver & Smith) but so so many click bait nothing stories from the pathetic AFL media towards us & no one else becoming major stories 

Here’s a few of the stories l can think of

1. Losing a much loved teammate & player in Gus before the 1st round 

2. [REDACTED]

3. [REDACTED]

4. [REDACTED]

5. Clayton Oliver

6. Joel Smith  saga

7. Club culture 

8. Petracca & family carry on

9. Club doctors decision on Petracca 

10. Brodie Grundy comparison 

11. Mays speech & staging fine

12. Langdons sisters wedding 

13. Maynard distractions

That’s a lot for an organisation to deal with.

Help me out if there’s any others

The Steven May staging is the last straw!!!! He’s copped the fine, move on

Why is it always the MFC that is the scapegoat??

l really hope all this has galvanised the club behind closed doors, would be nice to show that it has on field 

• Like 4

The media wants us to disappear to irrelevance of 1.00 Sunday games now we have won a flag, so their favourites can hoover the next 10 up. The pile on never ends from these clowns.

• Like 4
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

43 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So it's fine IMO for May to be fined and to be called out to an extent. It's just been OTT in the extreme and no doubt won't be replicated the next time someone does it.

I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread. I have no problems with the fine.

I have a problem that he gets fined while countless other REPEAT OFFENDERS don't. 

And the pile on has been absolutely pathetic. He has never done this before, and he is as brave as any player out there, and a star to boot.

[censored] the media, and [censored] anyone who thinks otherwise.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

I think we are all onboard players who stage getting a fine.... only issue is I've seen countless players staging this year and they've got nothing and definitely no media pile on like this week.

Nick Daicos did something identical and the only person to call him out was Kane Cornes. The media as a majority are as gutless as they come.

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

15 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

The video shows part of the problem. The commentary team dictate the narrative. They were very generous in the assessment of the Daicos. Far less so of the May incident. The same way it’s been all season, and for years. The commentators all leapt to Maynard’s defence. And so the narrative begins. It’s horrendous. Kozzy pickett this year the same. Called as a thug and a sniper I. The media. Then another player does it and it’s clumsy. Different MRO outcome. 

Edit. I’d also like to add that I hate Nathan Jones commentating Dees games. He has fallen for the old ‘I need to barrack for the other team so I don’t appear bias’ mentality. Absolutely hate hearing him commentate our matches. He thought the Caleb Windsor sling was fine. It was over the boundary and unnecessary and would have been paid in any season before this one, but particularly this one. 

I said the same thing weeks ago. I cannot stand listening to the drivel from Nathan Jones. I loved him as a player but groan every time I see he is commenting on our games.

He comes across as being anti Melbourne. Can’t stand it. I don’t expect him to fawn over our team but seriously….

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

This sport is becoming a professional embarrassment. Would almost be certain if it was not Steven May the AFL would have turned a blind eye to this.

• Like 3
  • Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

This sport is becoming a professional embarrassment. Would almost be certain if it was not Steven May the AFL would have turned a blind eye to this.

It’s an unbearable sport to watch for me these days. 
I rarely watch any games that don’t involve Melbourne. 
I hate what AFL has become. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

Pretty sure I remember in round 0 or 1, commentators noticing players purposefully hitting their heads into the ground to milk frees…

I’ve also seen identical (and I mean exactly the same) incidents to May’s happen at least 2-3 times this year. Player gets tackled, purposefully bends their neck, head touches the ground and then they put their hands on their head like they’re injured. 

But it’s the AFL so who gives a flying [censored] about consistency.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jane02 said:

I said the same thing weeks ago. I cannot stand listening to the drivel from Nathan Jones. I loved him as a player but groan every time I see he is commenting on our games.

He comes across as being anti Melbourne. Can’t stand it. I don’t expect him to fawn over our team but seriously….

I have noticed that too and was surprised at some of his comments in our games, about us.

It is sort of like if I attack my old club, everyone will know I am not biased.

• Like 4