POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

1 hour ago, Buzzy said:

reminder that we just played a side missing :

Pendlebury, DeGoey, Elliot, Mihocek, McStay, Cox*, Mitchell*

*questionable but still

🤢

Because, hate them as much as we do, one thing is undeniable - Collingwood is a club that has what we lack in spades, heart, pride and a winning culture. They have so many first choice players out yet they will always compete and play as a team. We would do well to look across the road and learn a thing or two from them.

I am disgusted with the game today, absolutely disgusted.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Billy said:

Sorry, but this just makes my blood boil

IMG_0171.jpeg

WTF? I hope that is some sort of photo shop job.  Gutted.  This club excels at sticking a dagger in the heart of it's supporters.  

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, dees189227 said:

I haven't seen goody's presser. anyone know what he said?

you new here? veterans never watch the press conference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Still overseas, so haven't watched this game either, but we're completely done for the year if we can't do better than a 38 point loss to a Collingwood side missing De Goey, Mitchell, Pendlebury, Mihocek, Elliott and Cox (plus McStay).

To be that far off a side with 6-7 best 23 players missing the week after the bake we deservedly received is arguably more concerning than the Fremantle loss.

We were completely outplayed by Brisbane, Carlton (Petracca's heroics almost dragged us over the line), West Coast, Freo and Collingwood. We are miles off.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Well the era of dominance was always going to end sooner or later.

I just thought it would be much later given the players ages.

And also not to implode so much.

I thought a more gradual decline.

Also given our start it wouldn't happen this year. 

Boy was I wrong.

I thought we had this year and next, i was completely wrong and coming to terms with it.

We are finished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Because, hate them as much as we do, one thing is undeniable - Collingwood is a club that has what we lack in spades, heart, pride and a winning culture. They have so many first choice players out yet they will always compete and play as a team. We would do well to look across the road and learn a thing or two from them.

I am disgusted with the game today, absolutely disgusted.

Winning culture by losing 26 or so GFs 😁

5 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Are you a serious? One of their best mate’s careers was ended

Football incident, and by the way Gus was always one concussion away from retirement doesn't mean I am not disappointed for him but that's just facts.

• Facepalm 1

Football hasn’t been the same for me since last year’s finals and it probably won’t ever be again. 
Today has just about killed the last bit of hope I had for the season. 
Time to take a break from football. 

• Like 9

We won plenty of the ball but did sfa with it, stuffing around with dinky kicks, handballs that went nowhere and repeated long bombs to the pocket…the filth went quick and direct when they got it the difference in purpose and confidence was stark….we played like that in 2021 always driving the ball forward but it’s slowly dissipated ever since  

• Like 3

OK, so Goodwin presser.

I'm not going to dissect it but one thing that irks me.

He pointed out that Pies are a high pressure team and that we need to execute better under pressure. Fine.

Howabout as part of that we APPLY pressure of our own.

Pies played an easy, third gear style of game today and won by 8 goals

Because we let them.

• Like 4
  • Clap 2

System is definitely broken. 

Some deep rooted issues, whether new or existing, now is the time when that stuff surfaces. 

But when you break it down we've lost a lot more talent than we've gained over the last two years. 

Oliver and Viney are injured/not fit. Confident they'll get back to their best. It just won't be this year.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

“We took a big step forward today”

A quote from Goodwin’s presser tonight.

A big step forward while walking the plank?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Without reading any of the predictable responses I thought today was a side zapped or bereft of confidence that’s having their weaknesses exponentially exposed by that.

If you look again at the incredible chances they took versus ones we didn’t it’s hard not to see players dropping their head & effort then becoming an issue which for me, despite goody saying it wasn’t, it was in patches.

We can’t kill a single ball that’s deep d50 right now, we can’t make hand passes in-tight, we can’t convert easy basic chances — even posters alone today means it’s a diff game if they go thru. It really is a small margin league and unlike Collingwood we need our stars playing well always have or were in trouble so we’re feeling that right now & whilst I’m nowhere near giving up, I do see how easy it is for ppl to fall into trap of tho king it’s worse than it is. The in game swings are a major player in modern footy look at swans yest, nearly smashed but take chances and then our score cats by 12g like it’s nothing!

Inside 50 conversion remains the issue  but at least we got it in there today, and had a fwd show all he’s a bonafide STAR about to pop-off big time. Adding Lever and Trac helps, Kossie is close to really becoming the great he was always destined to be, but boy it’s tempting to only see the trees right now! 

But again it’s a small-margin game & I still have belief it’ll turn, our confidence is shot atm, we need a circuit breaker, energiser.. Clarry looked better too, don’t give up, be annoyed upset be livid but don’t fall into the trap it’s all lost.. cus that absolute easy and poisonous greed in my view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Mcdonald, Max, JVR, Pickett and to some degree Rivers were were the only highlights for me.

I thought Windsor showed some class and composure at times, but really we didn't have very many winners on the day. 

I really hope Goody doesn't try the inaccuracy excuse for this one, the Pies were clearly the better team 

• Like 4

No enjoyment in that loss, no enjoyment in the way we play, no enjoyment for the players who should be able too enjoy what they do, play footy. A premiership in “21” where we played some of the best footy I’ve ever seen played by any team, pure enjoyment it was. We’ve come nowhere near that level of footy since, unfortunately only sparodic enjoyment. I have no idea, but that mob we played today seem to no how to enjoy their footy Goody! I hate being negative towards our players, coaches or the mighty MFC. I hope there’s some enjoyment ahead. 

• Like 2

It's funny but I actually thought we were better than we've been n several areas this week, but it was comical some of our misses and it started with Gawny hitting the post and Kozzie doing likewise before Turner went further and hit the outer behind post on the full.

The positives for me was that Goody actually figured he needed to deploy a tag on the best player in the game and ANB was fantastic again - he did the same to Sam Walsh when sent to him after half time two weeks ago. Maybe Goody will even think of doing it regularly now!

The second positive was that Bailey Laurie got a full game so we could see what he was capable of and he actually was handy and clever - although his lack of size and pace means he will forever be up against it making an impact at this level.

The third positive was that Rivers finally took the game on in a big way - he looked like an attacking defender and that's an area that we definitely need. Salem was also mega clean and aware all game - he's almost back in business I reckon.

It was also nice to see Daniel Turner heavily involved in another game and while his disposal was so poor that he has to go back for a week or two to the VFL, he showed enough to indicate he may be able to play at this level. the trick is deciding whether his future lies in attack or defence.

And Rooey showed he's ready to play a big role in our run home.

Can't believe everyone teeing off on Viney - very courageous effort to play today but he is clearly injured and may need a week off to get his calf and shoulder right.

Gawny was also injured and impacted big time but he stood up manfully. Hopefully he's right in 12 days time or we will probably lose to the Roos as well.

There's a lot of player's who Goody has to make hard calls on - that's the role of the coach ultimately and hopefully he realises now that if he doesn't the season is over completely.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seraph said:

A big step forward while walking the plank?

You don’t think combining took a step fwd today? You’d prefer your leader to fall into a heap would you and say we’re knackered? 🤔 

— Jvr — i50 count — Contested possession— Nibbs — Clarry — Kossie flashes — Max — Windsor — May 2nd half ALL steps fwd don’t care what ANY of you say.. Sucks to be sure but forgive me if I’m glad he doesn’t look worried or broken.. that’s for some reason what many wanna see — bizarre!

5 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

System is definitely broken. 

Some deep rooted issues, whether new or existing, now is the time when that stuff surfaces. 

But when you break it down we've lost a lot more talent than we've gained over the last two years. 

Oliver and Viney are injured/not fit. Confident they'll get back to their best. It just won't be this year.  

System? Today wasn’t about system as much for me — more about errors, confidence and hesitancy when we need to play with certainty