PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

8 hours ago, Demonland said:

Damage control.

Can't see us kicking more than ten goals.

Unless Tmac is fwd we will struggle to score. And Kozzie in the guts doesn't help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brownie said:

Steven May is moving about as well as a 90 year old that's just had a hip replacement.

Curious how you would say Petty is moving in comparison?

I was thinking early forties but may have to adjust that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, samcantstandya said:

Odd how Turner  was an automatic in after missing a couple of weeks. Apart from a 3 goal cameo several weeks ago, why didnt he prove himself at Casey.

Laughable really and not disimilar to Petty who had ZERO ZZZ THATS RIGHT ZERO possesions at Casey and found himself..... selected in the ones, this is all down to Goodwin!

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Damage control.

Can't see us kicking more than ten goals.

Unless Tmac is fwd we will struggle to score. And Kozzie in the guts doesn't help.

Max sorry delusional!

B: McVee, May, Howes

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, Petty, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Windsor

HF: Neal-Bullen, van Rooyen, Tholstrup

F: Fritsch, Jefferson, Chandler

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: Woewodin, Fullerton, Salem, Sparrow

SUB: Laurie

I'm just gonna come out with it if they don't make a statement with Clarry and drop him because his form has been disgusting. I want Goodwin's head.

Sparrow to tag Daicos if he doesn't do a good job then drop him.

This game is gonna be a slaughter. Pies by 10+ goals. The WCE game was the beginning of the end for this list, yesterday's game was confirmation. 

The family team, the nice guys, the soft coorks. That's our DNA I'm embarrased to admit. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, ANG13 said:

Curious how you would say Petty is moving in comparison?

I was thinking early forties but may have to adjust that. 

Petty is moving like a guy in his early forties who's had a backyard vasectomy the day before Matchday ??? 😕

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

No doubt he will return to the wing with Hunter blowing his old man calf.

Just don't complain when Billings come back into that half forward role. Cupboard is pretty empty.

Billings!!??😮   Kolt, or Sestan, or AMW  and of course Woey for a full game on wing / HF

On 02/06/2024 at 16:35, DeeSpencer said:

There’s no evidence that Oliver can get the ball yet alone do anything with it forward.

We need to understand his limitations with ball in hand as a mid but recognise his legs and reading of the play still seem powerful - even if he’s not using them. In that respect, he should be given the responsibility of a team first tag on Daicos. Does he have the discipline and work ethic - I think he does if he’s coached how to do it. 

Good to see another person's view on Oliver, he is not good by foot.

43 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

B: McVee, May, Howes

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, Petty, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Windsor

HF: Neal-Bullen, van Rooyen, Tholstrup

F: Fritsch, Jefferson, Chandler

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: Woewodin, Fullerton, Salem, Sparrow

SUB: Laurie

I'm just gonna come out with it if they don't make a statement with Clarry and drop him because his form has been disgusting. I want Goodwin's head.

Sparrow to tag Daicos if he doesn't do a good job then drop him.

If Sparrow is on daicos he will be out of breath in the first fifteen minutes and dacios will be the first play to get 100 touches.

• Like 1

We have to be really mindful that we are already carrying a few young inexperienced players. To throw more and more in will absolutely not fix the issues. In fact, it’ll make them worse as inexperienced players are often inconsistent.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

There’s no evidence that Oliver can get the ball yet alone do anything with it forward.

We need to understand his limitations with ball in hand as a mid but recognise his legs and reading of the play still seem powerful - even if he’s not using them. In that respect, he should be given the responsibility of a team first tag on Daicos. Does he have the discipline and work ethic - I think he does if he’s coached how to do it. 

I reckon Clarry's a bit off in terms of running capability from contest to contest along with what entails after that.  When you get to that state against quality oppo or some heavy checking, your disposal, poise and decision making are going to be tested.

Playing mid is obviously a taxing role and my belief would be that to play at his high level (prior to this season) most weeks you would need to come in to every season with a massive prep under your belt and not much going wrong.

It would appear this was the case in his prior years.

Same goes for any full time mid and especially the insiders like Clarry & Vines.

Obviously that prep has not gone the way we (and i'm sure Claz & the FD) would have liked.

At the same time he also had his finger issue in rounds 0 to 5.

Post the bye that was supposedly fixed and in three of the last six matches Clarry has shown something.  The only trouble is, in the other three he has been pretty shizen.

I reckon that's probably the way it stays this season unfortunately.  One week up, the next is a shiiite fest.

Losing Gus and JJ has left us very exposed for rotations and depth as well.

Combine that with Clarry's issues and this is possibly why Simon's looking for back up, attempting to play a number of non regular mids through the middle to see what they can bring.

If we had the depth at Casey we'd no doubt be trialling them.

One of those was Kolt but alas he probably wasn't quite ready.  I would've liked to see him given one more consecutive week to see what he could bring.  Instead he's back toiling it out at a struggling Casey outfit.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see Oliver miss 3-4 games, do a mid-year mini preseason. He's clearly not match fit. Get him off KFC, and cherry ripe for the run into finals... if we make them 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, FTB said:

The amount of humble pie that will be eaten come Monday evening will be an absolute joy to observe.

Hope you are right.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I reckon Clarry's a bit off in terms of running capability from contest to contest along with what entails after that.  When you get to that state against quality oppo or some heavy checking, your disposal, poise and decision making are going to be tested.

Playing mid is obviously a taxing role and my belief would be that to play at his high level (prior to this season) most weeks you would need to come in to every season with a massive prep under your belt and not much going wrong.

It would appear this was the case in his prior years.

Same goes for any full time mid and especially the insiders like Clarry & Vines.

Obviously that prep has not gone the way we (and i'm sure Claz & the FD) would have liked.

At the same time he also had his finger issue in rounds 0 to 5.

Post the bye that was supposedly fixed and in three of the last six matches Clarry has shown something.  The only trouble is, in the other three he has been pretty shizen.

I reckon that's probably the way it stays this season unfortunately.  One week up, the next is a shiiite fest.

Losing Gus and JJ has left us very exposed for rotations and depth as well.

Combine that with Clarry's issues and this is possibly why Simon's looking for back up, attempting to play a number of non regular mids through the middle to see what they can bring.

If we had the depth at Casey we'd no doubt be trialling them.

One of those was Kolt but alas he probably wasn't quite ready.  I would've liked to see him given one more consecutive week to see what he could bring.  Instead he's back toiling it out at a struggling Casey outfit.

He really looked cooked out there fitness wise on Sunday.

It's to be expected.

I really didn't think we'd have him back at all this season, so I guess we've gotta be thankful he's playing footy at all this season.

He's definitely only Choo and not Choo Choo at the moment 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Not too sure how a guy wearing headgear was totally blindsided.  Perhaps you were

So we should’ve delayed the guy who’d been nothing but a loyal integral part of our squad, who’s contact has 5yrs to run, cus we thought his scan would come back and lead to retirement? How exactly would we have done that champ? Mamma Mia 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FTB said:

The amount of humble pie that will be eaten come Monday evening will be an absolute joy to observe.

Let’s hope and be ready to relish that.. Max on MMM was quite soothing.. apart form his issue re recent games margins — was off by about 30 points in 3/4 games he mentioned but maybe that speaks to his feeling in those games and how bad he felt we were 😂  

Daicos will leave him in his wake. Oliver needs to be dropped or played in the f50 to at least try to win a contest. He is ineffective as a midfielder atm.

I’d go with Trac, Sparrow and Viney. Spaz and Viney playing a defensive role at stoppage. McCrae doesn’t tag so Trac will have a bit of freedom.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Brownie said:

Petty is moving like a guy in his early forties who's had a backyard vasectomy the day before Matchday ??? 😕

Gold. 

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Daicos will leave him in his wake. Oliver needs to be dropped or played in the f50 to at least try to win a contest. He is ineffective as a midfielder atm.

I’d go with Trac, Sparrow and Viney. Spaz and Viney playing a defensive role at stoppage. McCrae doesn’t tag so Trac will have a bit of freedom.

Sparrow is not much better.

Didn't even lay one tackle against Freo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, leucopogon said:

This game is gonna be a slaughter. Pies by 10+ goals. The WCE game was the beginning of the end for this list, yesterday's game was confirmation. 

The family team, the nice guys, the soft coorks. That's our DNA I'm embarrased to admit 

Yep,   apart from the 10 goal loss bit your thoughts are the same as what i posted yesterday.

MFC has to rid itself of the nice family guy image . Gawn is partly responsible for this. Sick of looking at Brown doing yet another photo op with kids. We're a footy club not a day care centre.

And dont run out onto the ground on game day holding hands with children in dees jumpers.

F###ing  embarrassing.

I am expecting a big turn around next Monday. 

Need to blood  a few VFL players. Flick off Sparrow ANB and Chandler. 

Edited by deebunked
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

My biggest concern  going into this game , is not that we're seemingly that little red wagon whose wheels are falling off, not that we're obviously carrying players either unfit... out of sorts....both , not that our game seems suited to the skills ( or lack of ) that we possess or that there seems a massive disconnect between,  we'll, everything.  No, my greatest worry ( if I can even really be so ) is that this again will be that game; our Grand Final in June game.  That game we seemingly muster everything left in the tank to at least show some respect for our beloved Rev, to hesitantly offer up something remotely looking like relevance. Win or lose in many respects won't  matter as we'll have possibly used up what little we had left and bumble through the rest of the year towards an ingracious capitulation. 

Now this may not occur.  I did say it was a "concern"

I'm  just not convinced we have what it takes to burn bright for another half of a season.  

Yes many will offer up past resurgences.. but that was when the side seemed possessed of some ticker.

Not seeing much at present.

Tbh... the only thing I feel confident about is going to be the ability to play the filth back into form.

We weren't just a little bit off last weekend,  we were rubbish.  It's as though we left our soul at the airport... it never appeared at Alice.

WTF is wrong with you Dees....

no joy in writing any of that...   just how it is. Back to being fn fuschias...  there's  no Demon in us atm.  Though we seem markedly troubled by some...Sadly

Go Dees

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, deebunked said:

And dont run out onto the ground on game day holding hands with children in dees jumpers.

F###ing  embarrassing.

Come on now, are we at the stage where we’re blaming the little leaguers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1