Davey says "We have let coach down"

An article in MX yesterday quoted Aaron Davey as saying "we have let the coach down" and that they desperately wanted to win this week to repay ND. As far as I am concerned Aaron has hit the nail on the head - they have let the coach down as he is copping most of the flak for the teams poor form. Lets hope they can pull together a win this week to keep ND in his job.

Sometimes i don't think some MFC players realise that this is their job. They are payed top dollar to give their best performance, and many have given anything but. Too bad none are on performance based salaries, we'd see effort put in then. Pity

• 1 month later...

For all the abuse that Daniher has copped, he deserves to walk from the job with his head held high. He has been one of the best performed Melbourne coaches of the last 40 years. If not the best.

The players owe it to Daniher - as do the supporters - to send him off in the fashion he deserves.

For all the abuse that Daniher has copped, he deserves to walk from the job with his head held high. He has been one of the best performed Melbourne coaches of the last 40 years. If not the best.

I agree that he ought to walk away with dignity...his choice.

as to being the best performed...well thats hardly a rap for a team thats had a 43 year drought.

I'd just go with the first sentiment !!:-)

If this was the first time we'd heard this it might mean something, but it isn't and it doesn't. More hot air coming from a player's gob as far as I'm concerned.

Agree Nasher. Especially from a player who has underperformed throughout the year.

I am sick of hearing players talk - their job is to perform on the park and our team's best performances have been on the footy show, in newspapers and in the media.

it is time for the players to shut up and get a kick...

as far as i am concerned, they are underperforming for the amount of money that they get paid....

the back page of the daily telegraph after state of origin asked for several nsw players to return their pay cheque - well, there are a few from last week that are very very lucky!!

daniher has held himself professionally in the media over the entire season and has gained people's respect for his ability to tell it as it is!! at the current rate, the coach will walk with dignity and the mfc will again be left with egg on their face!!!

leave the talk to the coach and win games of footy!!

I'm wondering why there hasn't been a media ban on players after this latest discussion about Neale in the media. Is it because of our ordinary membership, support and financial state that we have to continually get out and about in the media and drum up positivity for the club? Words without action are very hollow, as others have pointed out.

Too little too late Flash.

I think thats what the club teachs new players when they first arrive at MFC. The club theme song and the well worn apology 'sorry for our performance, we owe the supporters and coach a win, we are going to have a team meeting to discuss it, senior players need to step up etc etc. I'm going to spew if I hear more of this diatribe.No more player media conferences this season please MFC.

I think thats what the club teachs new players when they first arrive at MFC. The club theme song and the well worn apology 'sorry for our performance, we owe the supporters and coach a win, we are going to have a team meeting to discuss it, senior players need to step up etc etc. I'm going to spew if I hear more of this diatribe.No more player media conferences this season please MFC.

It actually does a disservice to the mfc by playas coming out and making statements and not backing it up.

All talk and no action.

This is just psycho to come out with a comment like this at the moment.

Gag the players........no good is going to come out of this.

There are 100 reasons why they should come out and give it their all week in, week out, and play to the best of their abilities. They are cheating themselves and their mates in the first instance if they don't!

Token efforts to play for the coach is garbage. If you give a stuff about the blokes you run out onto the ground with each week, then start playing for them, because a number of them won't be there next year!

Agree Nasher. Especially from a player who has underperformed throughout the year.

who hasnt underperformed this year?

bell - he was terrible last year

petterd - first game this year

jones - getting better...

the whole team has underperformed. And they hav let the coach down.

All the more reason for none of the players to speak to the media.

not to speak to the media.........

so no after game match speaking , before the game?

during the week ? tv shows?

this has become to routine of footballers these days.

Lots of very contrast opinions to the brock article.... about melbourne coming to comfortable.... just a thought

To...

BORING!

heard it all before, just by a different player, stuff the coach, PLAY FOR THE JUMPER!

If this was the first time we'd heard this it might mean something, but it isn't and it doesn't. More hot air coming from a player's gob as far as I'm concerned.

& et al.

You may have heard it all before because this post was from over a month ago.

;)