GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

4 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Ok. We get it.

Are you always this negative on game day? It’s wild. 

I do think of myself as someone a bit cynical and negative, it's my nature I guess.

But honestly haven't felt this bad about the team since 2020. 

I hope I am wrong and I am only expressing my thoughts as far as I perceive our season and performance so far.

Throughout 2022 and 2023 I knew we were true contenders, this is the first time since 2020 that I don't feel that way.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I’ll keep questioning him and 1000 of his cheersquad will tell me I’m wrong. Vest next week please. He could be handy in a last quarter 

He'll pop up with his junk 2-3 goals when we're probably 5-6 goals up but the way that's looking that's not guaranteed. 

We will finish stronger than the young eagles. But we are really having issues in the middle of the ground. Not only are our mids getting smashed in the contest, they have no ability to defend or work to provide and outlet leaving d50 

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Careful on here..

You can't ever question Fritsch on this forum.

Absolute liability today.

hard to question a bloke who kicks 50-60 every year

wish he had some mates 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Demon Disciple said:

Fritsch is our real barometer, he plays well when the team does and does SFA when we struggle.

Hes way too flaky after being in the system for years. Then again, you could say that about our entire team atm.

Fritta is reliant on a dysfunctional midfield who when on top cannot provide good entries. Yet he kicks 50 goals a season. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, ElDiablo14 said:

I do think of myself as someone a bit cynical and negative, it's my nature I guess.

But honestly haven't felt this bad about the team since 2020. 

I hope I am wrong and I am only expressing my thoughts as far as I perceive our season and performance so far.

Throughout 2022 and 2023 I knew we were true contenders, this is the first time since 2020 that I don't feel that way.

Have some faith. We aren’t playing well and lost one of our most important players in terms of winning the ball back in the first minutes.

Hopefully we can reset with a new plan at half time and come out firing.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Don't be silly. Goodwin is anti tag.

Look at James Jordon now. Currently one of the best taggers in the AFL purely because horse Longmire actually finds different elements from a player that he knows will benefit the team.

Goody is one dimensional with the way he uses our players.

The irony is when Goody eventually makes a change, forced or unforced, it often works. Eg. Trac in the forward line last week

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Just now, Demonsterative said:

Fritta is reliant on a dysfunctional midfield who when on top cannot provide good entries. Yet he kicks 50 goals a season. 

If he played for Geelong, Carlton, Essendon etc he’d win a Coleman 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Goody is one dimensional with the way he uses our players.

absolute rubbish

gawn - tried him as a 50% forward

plugger mac - moved him forward then moved him back

petty - moved him forward

pickett - from a small forward and now more into the midfield

petracca - inside / outside midfield rotation

• Like 5

ANB to Reid pls.  He's already attracting 2 or 3 like a magnet leaving other eagles free tp receive.

I'd rather the former strat in a shut down role which helps to keep pressure on all their mids

Wish I could mute Schofield.

we’re a strong finisher, hoping we can kick up a gear in the second 

• Like 1

Fear not 

Yes we have played poorly but we did last round until the second half.

Need more from Petty.

He was actually good in ruck.

Viney needs to be JV of last year.

Would like Sparrow to impact games more.

I think we will come back and win this.

Hang in there demonland. 

We’ve introduced run and carry to a team that can’t run or kick, and therefore increased a bunch of turnovers.

Then we’ve added trying more aggressive kicks to stationary targets rather than sharing the ball to runners then leading to space to ease the burden of those kicks.

And by playing so defensive at stoppages our mids end up chasing their tails or panic kicking.

The dominant factor of our premiership side was handball and explosion from the stoppage. That’s our 1 wood to quote David King. Why would you take that away?

Now our game plan relies on a bunch of young half backs trying to kick to a midfield that has poor spread and skills. It’s so flawed 

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

Just now, The heart beats true said:

Have some faith. We aren’t playing well and lost one of our most important players in terms of winning the ball back in the first minutes.

Hopefully we can reset with a new plan at half time and come out firing.

Go Dees!

I will always keep watching the games and going to the G', even if it is detrimental to my sanity 😅.

I may be a negative supporter but definitely not a fair weather one.

🔴🔵🔥🔥

• Love 1

Gee remember that team we had in 21that was bursting with energy and excitement.

The 24 Dee’s look slow, lack intensity and are just plain lazy.

• Like 1

Same story as last week. Not getting hands on the footy enough, not working hard enough on the outside.

The Naarm football club has a lot of work to do to get back in this game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

The irony is when Goody eventually makes a change, forced or unforced, it often works. Eg. Trac in the forward line last week

Rivers in the middle against Brisbane when he had about 5 clearences in one quarter and looked like peak 2021 Petracca only to not see him there again.

Edited by dazzledavey36

9 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

The non free kick against Reid for holding the ball really annoyed me. Thats holding the ball against 99% of players. 

You can’t adjudicate the rules differently because you want him to keep taking the game again. Thats not how it works.

Reid is going to be some player but he’s also set to be the umpires’ new untouchable darling a la Paddy Cripps.

• Like 1

It’s hard to believe a starting midfield with Gawn, Viney, Oliver and Trac struggle to get a clearance. 

Hope our attitude and work rate drastically improve in the second half. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeeZee said:

Gee remember that team we had in 21that was bursting with energy and excitement.

The 24 Dee’s look slow, lack intensity and are just plain lazy.

At least we got to see the 2021 team.

• Like 2
  • Love 1