GAMEDAY: Rd 07 vs Richmond

1 minute ago, Demon trucker said:

Not cheap, but I think pints are over 14 normally 

Pints have really caught on. Even in trendy Wollongong they are all the go.

Such a wonderful standard unit of measurement where one can swear in good conscience in a court of law that "I'd only had a couple of beers".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Such a wonderful standard unit of measurement where one can swear in good conscience in a court of law that "I'd only had a couple of beers".

And on top of it all, you can visualise this lovely exchange every time you order one:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9a2c9bfc9937c9b3c761095e8c98d4a.jpeg

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Saves return trips to the bar when quaffing shiraz deaver .

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BDA said:

No point wasting time with pots. Pints the only way to go if you're being serious.

Amateurs!

The jug is the only size for a decent beer, however they do look at you funny when you order six!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

An hour before the bounce and it does not matter where in the world you are, it is still an hour before the bounce.

What I want to see this evening is the team 'on' from the first bounce. I want to see us playing the game on our terms and making sure that the Tiges are reacting and on the back foot. The on-field leaders have to do their job of keeping minds concentrating.

Pressure, Pressure, Pressure on the ball, the ball carrier and the possible next receivers all over the ground. A team game.

Individual performances I will be keeping an eye on:

Viney - he has been in great form this season except for the Lions game. I want to see him respond. 

McVee - just cause I enjoy watching him.

Petty - had a couple of games back and there is now no excuse not to perform.

Win for the Dees by 6/7 goals.... heart over head? we shall see.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CHF said:

An hour before the bounce and it does not matter where in the world you are, it is still an hour before the bounce.

What I want to see this evening is the team 'on' from the first bounce. I want to see us playing the game on our terms and making sure that the Tiges are reacting and on the back foot. The on-field leaders have to do their job of keeping minds concentrating.

Pressure, Pressure, Pressure on the ball, the ball carrier and the possible next receivers all over the ground. A team game.

Individual performances I will be keeping an eye on:

Viney - he has been in great form this season except for the Lions game. I want to see him respond. 

McVee - just cause I enjoy watching him.

Petty - had a couple of games back and there is now no excuse not to perform.

Win for the Dees by 6/7 goals.... heart over head? we shall see.

Expect a lift everywhere. But for a few last game, we were so flat. I don't know what happened but we looked very ordinary on our own turf. Ill pay that we played last year's runner's up but something went wrong somewhere. 

Tonight there's no where to hide and no excuses. No fatigue .

Our midfielders need to get back to winning the centre clearances and stop teams connecting with all Maxy's tap wins.

Our forward line needs to get cracking. If we can't hold our marks then they need to follow up with non stop tackles and pressure. 

Hopefully Olivers much better after his operation and Kozzie bolsters our pressure acts.

I'll back Petts to come out firing and have a big game in the absence of Bbb.

The focus is all on us tonight not the tigers. If we are a top four team then we need to have a comfortable win this evening.

Enjoy the game ladies and gents. Especially those of you there. Cheers.

• Like 2

Laurie the sub.

Turner starting.

Probably on the bench to fill Roohey's role when he takes over from Max in the middle and also when he's resting on the sidelines.

Good luck young fella!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

Has anybody got the agenda for tonights Anzac ceremony? 

6:57pm – Australian Army Band
7:01pm – Corangamite Light Horse Troop enter arena for lap of honour
7:02pm – Players enter arena and line up in front of stage
7:05pm – Eternal Flame lit by Garth Callender
7:05pm – Ode to the Fallen
7:06pm – Last Post
7:07pm – New Zealand & Australian national anthems
7:11pm – Joint banner raised; teams run through

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

6:57pm – Australian Army Band
7:01pm – Corangamite Light Horse Troop enter arena for lap of honour