GAMEDAY: Opening Round vs Sydney

It's Game Day and today our 2024 Premiership Campaign begins. The Dees have traveled up to Sydney to take on the Swans to take their first step in their redemption arc to bury their consquecutive straight sets finals exits Demons and strive to reclaim the flag on the last Saturday of September.

GameDayOP2024.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

My Melbourne Demons evangelical preseason mission to Mozambique is now complete - including an absurd 2.30am start for the Richmond scratch - and I'm hoping I may have converted at least one or two of the locals for the real stuff's much more time-friendly opening fixture. My concern however is that while grasping the complexity of the rules is difficult enough, even for AFL natives according to our match-day threads, getting their heads around the concept of Round Zero may be a bridge too far. Go Dees! See you crazies on the other side. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

🥳 GAMEDAY!!!

GameDay brekky…

B1FFA35D-B225-4DC0-A2B0-237A9F1502BE.thumb.jpeg.631699c663bebcb3347bdcba79f2b895.jpeg
😝

GO THE MIGHTY DEES!

❤️❤️❤️💙💙💙

Hashtag Longest. Off-season. Ever. EVER!

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Because I can!
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

🥳 GAMEDAY!!!

GameDay brekky…

B1FFA35D-B225-4DC0-A2B0-237A9F1502BE.thumb.jpeg.631699c663bebcb3347bdcba79f2b895.jpeg
😝

GO THE MIGHTY DEES!

❤️❤️❤️💙💙💙

It looks like your Boomer coffee plunger is lecturing your recalcitrant Gen-Y V's on the quality of caffeine/i50s over quantity. 

Edited by Skuit
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 1

In Sydney with 30 close mates from the Surfcoast. Unlike them I’m in the cheap seats - behind the Demon Army. Last time I sat with the cheer squad ‘Froggy’ Crompton kicked the winning goal. I’ve got a feeling Blake Howes could replicate the feat tonight.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Skuit said:

It looks like your Boomer coffee plunger is lecturing your recalcitrant Gen-Y V's on the quality of caffeine/i50s over quantity. 

It’s all about delivery. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

It’s all about delivery. 

What time is the flight WCW.

• Like 1

I'm calm.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, loges said:

What time is the flight WCW.

7am. ✈️ 

just went past this on the Tulla…

2B59D561-0BA4-4EB6-9BFB-ED29ECAB0403.thumb.jpeg.31e6bf1da46e108f2100499ed20d433c.jpeg

… and got goosebumps!

• Like 11
  • Love 6
  • Clap 1

Cote de Ivorie - West Coast Africa, post unfun surgery, cannnnnoooootttt wait, 8.30am here which is reasonable all things considering. Daughters surfing lessons will have to wait.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

🥳 GAMEDAY!!!

GameDay brekky…

😝

GO THE MIGHTY DEES!

❤️❤️❤️💙💙💙

breakfast of champions

• Haha 2

Family road trip to see the game. But need to break the interstate trip curse... 2018 Prelim and Adelaide Oval against Crows 2020 when they deliberately OOB with no free kick, lost by a point. Wish me luck. Go Dees.

• Like 4
  • Love 1