PREGAME: Opening Round vs Sydney

Demonland

9 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Nicely posited, representing many of us. I'm most probably much older than you, Picket Fence, so please excuse me if I do only the follow-up work after your dismemberment of the Loved One. 

Why are we dismembering Gerry Humphries?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Well hasn’t that news put a spring back in our step and lightened our hearts. Now bring on 2024 and the naysayers be damned.❤️💙💕💕💕

Edited by DeeZone
Changed out to put
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

41 minutes ago, deebunked said:

Atleast Collingwood cant boo Brayshaw and they definitely would have.

Dont see any point in booing Oliver.  Boo him for being a naughty boy??

I cant see  SCG booing him.

Supporters of any club who choose to boo Clarrie would be wasting their time and energy. It would be water off a duck’s back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Supporters of any club who choose to boo Clarrie would be wasting their time and energy. It would be water off a duck’s back.

In my view, supporters of other clubs are wasting their time, period!

(Season must be starting soon)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Redleg said:

I had the ultimate respect and admiration for Gerry Humphries (...'oh Baby I love you so..') back in the early days, and held similar regard for those standing on Blueberry Hill in a 'red dress' and then 'walking' and coming to me...', etc. Just thought PFence was talking about unleashing vitriol to the new 'Loved One' in Maynard, and in terms of logic, I agree with that premise, intended or not by PFence (I should have read deeper into the topic for actual clarification, sorry)!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes. This is what i would do. 
Wearing the Helmet, so everyone is in no doubt as to who it is….

Wearing the Helmet, so everyone is in no doubt as to who it is…' ... and why it is. .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

YEP!! There have been a few of these.

But I suspect we won't hear much from them. 

Doom and Gloomers gonna doom and gloom

They're very loud until they're not.

Fear not, we'll hear plenty from the Doom and Gloomers (sounds like a goth version of Bay City Rollers) this season. 

Any loss and they'll pop back for a 'just being realistic, telling it like it is, a good team would never lose that game, same old problems yadda, yadda yadda' truth telling session.

And of course they'll be back in force after our inevitable post bye losses and/or sub par performances that are in part a result of fatigue from loading, causing the now annual Demomnland knickers in a knot meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 2

On 29/02/2024 at 21:23, WalkingCivilWar said:

A number of tickets from our allocation for Opening Round have become available. Whatever tickets we don’t use we have to give back to Sydney. Needless to say we’d rather OUR fans use them. If interested, please email:

[email protected]

for the Ticketek link to purchase.

These tickets are for seats in Bays 2 and 3 in the Bradman Stand.

Any problems/issues please PM me  

Will be making the trip up. Tickets still available? Family of 4

• Like 2

Delighted for the young debutants.

Very sad that Brayshaw had to retire but it’s opened the door for Howes. The cycle of life.

best of luck Caleb and Blake in your first games. I hope you both have long and distinguished careers with the red and blue.

go dees

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Palace Dees said:
1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Exactly.  Probably the greatest Aussie song of all time!

Down under- Men at Work

Boys light up- Australian Crawl

It’s a long way to the top- ACDC

Pub with no beer- Slim Dusty

Sorry, age shows!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, melborn4vr said:

Down under- Men at Work

Boys light up- Australian Crawl

It’s a long way to the top- ACDC

Pub with no beer- Slim Dusty

Sorry, age shows!

You think mine wasn't!!??  🤣

Edited by Palace Dees
grammar
  • Haha 2

Bring on the Swans! Bloody excited for footy to be back 

Also really looking forward to see what Billings can do. Always seemed like he had more potential in him than what he had previously done for the saints so I hope he can fulfil it for us.

Edited by BoBo
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Josh said:

Will be making the trip up. Tickets still available? Family of 4

Finding out for you now, Josh. I’ll PM you in due course 👍🏽

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sydney record at the SCG in 2023 was not that formidable. In fact they struggled against the better teams. Feeling a lot better about Thursday night :)

• def Hawthorn (81pts)
  • Lost to Port (2pts)
  • Lost to Giants (1 pt)
  • Lost to Freo (17 pts)
  • Def Carlton (26 pts)
  • Lost to St K (14pts)
  • Def West Coast (151pts)
  • Draw geelong 
  • Def Dogs (2pts)
  • Def Gold Coast (24pts)
  • Lost to Melb (21 pts)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

Sydney record at the SCG in 2023 was not that formidable. In fact they struggled against the better teams. Feeling a lot better about Thursday night :)

• def Hawthorn (81pts)
  • Lost to Port (2pts)
  • Lost to Giants (1 pt)
  • Lost to Freo (17 pts)
  • Def Carlton (26 pts)
  • Lost to St K (14pts)
  • Def West Coast (151pts)
  • Draw geelong 
  • Def Dogs (2pts)
  • Def Gold Coast (24pts)
  • Lost to Melb (21 pts)

Good report - thanks

• Like 3

5 hours ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Debut for the club yes, not 1st game (debut) of league footy.

So if Goody is adamant he will not give debuts of any sort to players playing as a sub would Tmac be a chance?

Can play up forward, in defence and as a 2nd ruck (if Shaq has a barry), does his form warrant it my trusted track watchers?

Most probably will go with a small for the smaller SCG.

TMAC??? this aint a remake of the Titanic..

NO CHANCE!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Assume you can still grab a rising star nom in round zero. Gotta be coming home this week!

• Haha 1
  • Clap 2

On 01/03/2024 at 11:06, Demon17 said:

Many thanks for the above D9.  Seriously flawed I know but i've now warmed to Brad Scott (Bombers maybe under him). 

What a classy response to a lazy piece of compering.  

Who decided to give Caro a microphone, that's what I want to know.

Her hatred has mysteriously got something to do with Goodwin in my OP

• Like 1

All three debutants are skilled ball users. Great move by the coaches to address a weakness and try to find the right balance. Pumped for Thurs night now. Go Dees!

• Like 16

On 03/03/2024 at 11:22, kev martin said:

If Clarry does, or when he plays, I believe his challenge will be dealing with some sledging. Hope it fires him up. He seems to loves niggle and can be a smart [censored]. Umpires have shown that they don't give him much love. Hope he doesn't explode/implode, otherwise all teams will be at him.

Need an enforcer! 

Won’t bother Claz even a BIT mate, count on that!!!

• Like 3