PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

Demonland

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy.

You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show.

If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

Listen & Chat LIVE: https://demonland.com/podcast

Call: 03 9016 3666

Keep the questions to ones relating to the Scratch Match against the Tigers. We'll do a more in depth Season Preview in the coming weeks.

podcast_badge_apple_space.png
podcast_badge_google_space.png
podcast_badge_spotify_space.png
podcast_badge_soundcloud_space.png
podcast_badge_youtube_space.png

Podcast213.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Clap 1

My issue is the two, three, four tiered social stratification of society and the clubs/groups that reflect this system of inequalities. 

Why only a pay per view at a ground that is difficult to get too via public transport?

Cannot expect much input from those left outside, getting glimpses as they strain to look in.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

My question is for @binman and hopefully he can find the stats from this game but that will probably be difficult. We seemed to get murdered on the Turnover today. It seemed that a lot of their scores were generated on the Turnover. We on the other hand could not capitalise on our Turnovers. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 1

OPERATION: KEEP KOZZY IN THE MIDDLE.

Kozzy was electric in the middle. Got a heap of clearances. I would love to see more of him in the middle in the season proper and not just at the first bounce of each quarter. Yes we need him as a crumbing forward too but until we can clone him I want to see him build up his time in the guts. He adds a point of difference to the 3 or 4 bulls in Trac, Viney, Oliver and Sparrow. Sorry Binman but I would much prefer Kozzy over ANB. Nibbler should not be attending centre bounces.

• Thanks 1

Welcome back fellas. What did you make of our execution today? I thought our disposal was atrocious. Did you notice anything different with our transition of the ball out of defence and also with our delivery inside 50?

• Thanks 1

Great to have Footy and the Demonland Podcast back. What did you think of our small forward brigade? With the exception of Pickett I wasn't overly impressed and I thought Chandler in particular was MIA. Almost every time the ball hit the deck inside our 50 it went out with very little effort. Would love to see the inside 50 tackle stats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy.

You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show.

If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

Listen & Chat LIVE: https://demonland.com/podcast

Call: 03 9016 3666

Keep the questions to ones relating to the Scratch Match against the Tigers. We'll do a more in depth Season Preview in the coming weeks.

• Love 1
  • Clap 1

Great to have you all back, really missed the podcast over the summer.

I like the look of Billings on the weekend, do you see him as possibly part of the midfield rotation? 

Edited by Jibroni
  • Thanks 1

Kozzi mostly midfield or forward?  I know he’s been injured, but from what we seen, can AMW step up?

• Thanks 1

It was great to see the boys back in match sim with some opposition today. Looked like just a switch up from training with a few nice passages of play interspersed with guys trying to bite off too much and making errors. 
Best to do that at this time of the year.
Nice to see some of the uncapped players be given roles and for the most part show they can be slotted into the side when required. Probably just not 5 at a time. 
Nothing to worry about here - just business as usual for this year. 

• Thanks 1

Addendum to my question above, Is ‘Pup’ Brown a realistic small forward prospect for ‘24?  

• Thanks 1

Welcome back Demonland podcast.

handwringers see the 9-10 goal run.  Sunshiners see the first 5 goals in a row.  Where do you sit on the handwringer - sunshiner scale?

What did you LIKE from what you saw?

Did you recognise any new touches from the coaching changes Undertaken in the off season?  

• Thanks 1

I watched the first 20 minutes of play, in which we played fast attacking football, hitting targets and using angles to target players who were in better positions, then everything changed.

I wonder whether Goody and Co were satisfied with what they saw, felt they had seen enough, and did not want the footy world to see anymore. After the first quarter, did you observe any discernible changes to the team makeup or gameplan that might help explain Richmond's 10 goal run-on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 58er said:

Andy could you please ask George about our Membership for 2024.

ANy figures published etc? 

Thanking you

Nothing up on the Club website. Just last years number. Another example of the poor communication we get with the  mob running the show ….how hard is it to post a number on a website?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Nothing up on the Club website. Just last years number. Another example of the poor communication we get with the  mob running the show ….how hard is it to post a number on a website?

Have you had any advice that no figures are going to be published George or that no figures are to be published in this pre season period ? 
Interesting because I feel if the figures were  going well there would be publicity to that effect. Thanks George. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 58er said:

Have you had any advice that no figures are going to be published George or that no figures are to be published in this pre season period ? 
Interesting because I feel if the figures were  going well there would be publicity to that effect. Thanks George. 

No idea.  Other clubs have done it.....

• Like 1

Looking forward to listening in again for 2024.

I couldn't see the game - mainly interested in the new guys, and Howes who some said had a shocker (?HBF?).

There wasn't much mention of the Kolt in the thread.

Is VerraIl looking more than promising?  I know he didn't play but from what any of you have seen earlier in the preseason is Fullerton a better bet than the Shack?

Anyway - will try to get through the podcast Wednesday or Thursday - thanks to you all.

• Thanks 1