Welcome to Demonland Andrew McQualter

dazzledavey36

A fabulous pick up.  Personally think he managed the interum at the Tiges (on short notice) beautifully.

Hopefully he has some significant impact tweaking some of our systems/methods in 2024 for the better.

Welcome to the mighty Demons!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well, Richmond certainly knew how to maximise a potent forward-mid, and they also made a lot of good hay out of numerous small running types.

Won't pretend I know a whole lot about the man himself, but I am very pleased that we settled this quickly and with a candidate that is clearly seen as top-shelf by the 'community of coaches'.

Now, Leppitsch to replace Stafford and we are all set! :laugh:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jibroni said:

Seems like a nice bloke too if that helps

Well it can’t hurt. It’s important for the players to get on well with him and that’s more likely to happen if he’s a nice person. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good appointment. He’s been a pillar in Richmond’s success. Hopefully he can bring some of that quick and unpredictable ball movement to our midfield and help get more out of our smalls.

• Like 2

Of what seemed like a limited selection of experienced coaches, he seemed like the best available - and it is an endorsement of the club that he wanted to come to us.

He is coming from a highly successful culture, but also fits the mould of more humble leaders that are increasingly coming into the game, which Goody represents. I think he will also be excited to come to a fresh environment.

Good start to the post-season.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Can we drop the Mini nickname and come up with something else? 

Seems demeaning.

I think it's here to stay ... 

As for the nickname, McQualter says it goes back long before he was drafted by the Saints. "I've had the nickname since I was grade three," he revealed. "I was tiny when I was younger and I had an older brother. His friends called me a mini version of him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Demonstone said:

As for the nickname, McQualter says it goes back long before he was drafted by the Saints. "I've had the nickname since I was grade three," he revealed. "I was tiny when I was younger and I had an older brother. His friends called me a mini version of him.

Thanks, Stone. You were clearly reading my mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, binman said:

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Can we drop the Mini nickname and come up with something else? 

Seems demeaning.

Mini, the hootchie-coocher, as our new coach, should perhaps warrant 'Cooch'?

• Haha 2

Happy with this hopefully Dew replaces Stafford.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Mini, the hootchie-coocher, as our new coach, should perhaps warrant 'Cooch'?

...though his current n/n does sit well with the notion, on that other current thread, of a 'mini reset'.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

No idea if he can coach, didn’t do much to inspire with his opportunity. Chucked the veterans on ball to help win a few games.

But the Hardwick endorsement holds some weight. 

And the Richmond fast ball movement is something we badly need a good dose.

The biggest McQuestion is what line does he take care of? Midfield would be favourite but forwards or backs shouldn’t be ruled out.

Yeah he should of atleast took Richmond to an other flag 

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Demonstone said:

Isn't that an even better reason to shed the Nick name?

Is he now going to be a Mini Goodie?

• Haha 2

I think this works out well for all parties.

Yze gets the big gig, we get fresh eyes from a guy who’s been in the top job last season and whose been there during Richmond’s success. And he was their midfield coach so hopefully he can help our mids actually deliver it inside 50 properly.

Welcome!!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ThreeOneSix said:

Fantastic. I was hoping this happened. In all his interviews on 360 I was thoroughly impressed with his reasoning and ability to see the game. IMO he compliments Goodwin. Great fit. 

Sucking up to the boss already. No wonder he got the job.

Hopefully he will also complement Goodwin, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 1

13 hours ago, Demonstone said:

As you show, he was called that in school. He was the year above me.

Edited by Binmans PA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1