• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

9 minutes ago, ucanchoose said:

He's entitled to express his opinion on the board.   Just because it's different doesn't mean he's not allowed to post.   Many silent people agree with him

I never said he wasn’t entitled to his opinion. Please show me where I said that.

I also never said he’s not allowed to post. Again, show me where I said that.

I simply asked him (not you) what he found amusing about a particular post.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

As much as a I despise everything about this incident and the aftermath, I can't help but think why the hell didn't Gus just step Maynard once he had jumped in the air, or draw and give to Trac

ITS NOT ANGUS'S FAULT. HE DID NOTHING WRONG.

This discussion is only feeding the despicable views of the triibunal, the thugs and the scum.

• Clap 4

3 hours ago, The Corridor said:

Wow. I won't even touch on the Gus aspect of this, other than to say he kicked a football and it isn't his job to look for charging airborne objects heading toward his head, you would never anticipate such unusual late contact. The main thing I want to highlight is that what you have said is factually incorrect - Maynard did not go 'straight up', and it's as clear as day on multiple angles, so it might be worth giving it a rewatch if that's what your assessment is based on. 

Question for the witness to the accident:-

"did the individual NOT go straight up enough to have been under some sort of direction, witness"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Att: @dazzledavey36

Why the lol emoji for the above?

I’m curious as to why you’d react with laughter to a polite request for a show of sensitivity. I’m actually curious in general about what makes a bully tick; in particular, a bitter and twisted bully. 

Look at you go at the personal insults.

You calling me a sick and twisted bully yet you're the first to absolutely smash anyone that has a different opinion to yours. Prime example is the way you carried on towards @BoBo last night. You're one of the worst offenders on here and its only because poeple are too scared to actually stand up and say anything is why you get away with it.

Polite request response you reckon? having a laugh right?

Your last line of response to @AzzKikA

"In short, exercise some sensitivity for [censored] sake"

Which part of that was a polite response? He made a measured and calculated response that was different to many others including yours yet you still find a way to have a crack at him in an immature way.

Not only on that, pot kettle black with you. You're having a crack at people for being insensitive when emotions are high and raw and yet you're the first to jump on your high horse after a loss and have a crack at people for being negative on post match threads.

I think it's actually sad guys like @ucanchoose and few others feel reluctant to post their own views and opinions on this thread due to the fear of being absolutely smashed from people such as yourself because their opinions is the opposite to yours.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Guys - I'm angry too but enough. 112 pages is enough. 

Move on. We may have all the time in the world to revisit this after Friday's result.

Weather looks like it should be terrific - we are still one game from a prelim, same as we were last Thursday midday. You never know if we fall away next year, so appreciate it while we're here! Carlton have waited 10 years for the day, like we did in 2018. Let's get back to that energy. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, D Rev said:

I'm disappointed but not surprised at the AFLs decision here. 

You expect it from a corporate body that will make money, no matter the cost.

The two things that worry me most from this are:

1) Filth fans chanting their team name while one of our players is out cold on the ground.  I'm all for tribal mentality, but within reason.  This is a game people play for fun, entertainment and fulfillment. That sort of carry-on is insensitive at best.  Apologies if it has happened, but I would love to see a formal apology from the filth about it and a plea for better behavior. This is the club that caused issues with Goodes, Winmar etc.  They need a health check.

2) What happens now.  How many kids think this is OK and try and do the same?  How many parents dont think this is OK and pull their kids from the sport?

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

You're right, I don't think anyone should play like him, and nobody should be inflicting head injuries! It is the most horrific injury you can cause someone deliberately or otherwise.

But nothing stopping us from playing outside the lines in other ways. Nobody ever suspended Cox for his vile physical attacks on other players. Twisting Trac's knee deliberately trying to cause hurt. When we meet them next, I implore Trac to do exactly the same to him. Gawn should also knee him in the ribs. Payback.

I would be kneeing him somewhere else.

• Like 1

I watched and re-watched, then put  on continuous repeat for 3 1/2 hours the viral vision of Fat Eddie McGuire taking his lordship's control of the room at his fave Chinese Eatery. Living it big on a Tuesday night with the boys. Bruvs be one of da bois.

There was something eating away at me or,or was I overanalysing or chewing the issue to the pulp that be evocative of the journalistic coverage on the matter of a player disposing of the ball in accordance with the rules of a game  then being knocked out stone cold unconscious by a head hunter. The aggressor had leapt full bodied toward his opponent at a height,  velocity and angle that culminated in his airborne bunched shoulder nailing his opponent's body to the ground.

There was intense frustration at not being able to touch the kernel of truth that I somehow knew to be in the Fast Eddie clip......I  was certain I couId smell a rat that would not give up the truth of the matter.

I  closed my eyes and rubbed and as I did so it hit me like a Maynard shirtfront - it was all in the audio with the video being such a compelling study of a first class f*#% tard  that it distracted the viewer.The fact was that the post had been,  perhaps intentionally or perhaps unintentionally, edited 3 frames short and really went like this:

So close your eyes and read. Be very quiet. Still.This is the complete transcript of the Eddie Burger's "Very Public Announcement"

" Ladeeze n gennlemen - we have just heard from the AFL tribunal that justice has been done.....(end of edited version)...........................................................over."

Edited by Diamond Tim
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/03/08/maynards-appeal-swiftly-rejected-by-afl-tribunal/

Maynard’s attempt to spoil GWS’ Daniel Lloyd in a pratice match was not looked upon favourably ... careless conduct, high impact and high contact and offered him a two-game suspension.

Lloyd was briefly knocked unconscious by the spoil and was diagnosed with a concussion in the aftermath.

Unbelievable that the media didn't bring this up and that it wasn't used as evidence (priors)

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

i still don't understand how the umpire who reported him on the day was excluded from appearing

does reporting maynard  him make him biased witness or something?

the tribunal despite all its lawyers however seems very distant from a real court of law

i guess it's just a version of drive-in fast mc-law

Yep, so the umpire who reported the thug on the day wasn't called for his testimony

Possibly the worst prosection by the tribunal ever.  Nearly everything about this whole sorry episode is wrong

Most of it just beggars belief.  Especially the amount of non filth supporters who think the thug did nothing wrong

So the talk from these thug sympathisers is that next year the same act will carry a 3 or 4 week penalty

In summary ...

So apparently he's done nothing wrong but if he does the same thing next year he gets a month suspension

Makes zero sense

• Like 5

On 9/12/2023 at 7:16 PM, Macca said:

Yes, it would be good if @Ouch! was one of the tribunal members as he enlightened us on the stutter step

Sorry, been off for a few hours... collecting my thoughts. Seeing Eddie act the way he did, just makes me want the boys to get thru to the GF more than ever.  What a smug pr*ck.

I thought he/Maynard stutter stepped and launched slightly to the right, In the end, TBH, Woods didn't really seem to have a lot to put forward as an argument, except careless and tried to suggest he should not have launched forward.  

Glad the AFL will review this, and the duty of care statement, and if we are lucky there could be a new MRO next year.

Edited by Ouch!
  • Like 1

If I could have it my way

I’d have us playing the pies in the Grand final…

we are up by 4 goals with a minute left after being close for the whole game, the demon army get out a big banner saying ‘justice is done’ - as Eddie said, as we are all screaming out ‘MELBOURNEEEEEEE’ as the pies fans leave and we get to wave goodbye. Ahhhhh to dream!

Anyway, onto Friday to start my dreaming coming alive. Go dees.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sue said:

Given the tribunal's 'reasoning' it will be interesting how they can even make a rule to do what they want short of 'regardless how it happened, knock someone out and you are in trouble'.  Either that or they will effectively be saying last night's decision was wrong but next time we'll actually mount a case instead of waving a wet lettuce.

That’s exactly what they should be saying.

You knock someone out, you go.

It’s 2023, we can’t have people just being smashed and the old boy network going into ‘what else could he do’ overdrive. It just has to stop. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leucopogon said:

As much as a I despise everything about this incident and the aftermath, I can't help but think why the hell didn't Gus just step Maynard once he had jumped in the air, or draw and give to Trac (Maynard's direct opponent)? Alternatively, why didn't Tracc shephard Maynard away from Gus? Watch the vision, Tracc just leaves Maynard and sprints inside 50 once he sees Gus break clear of centre leaving the sniper Maynard to have a free hit at Gus. 

Lot of what ifs and maybes. I feel so sick about the whole thing and worry that its going to happen again to some poor guy/girl.

Surely you jest

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bing181 said:

"Wanted to hit, wanted to hurt': Brayden Maynard - the guilty man found innocent."

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/09/13/brayden-maynard-the-guilty-man-found-innocent/

Finally someone in the media has the guts to call this for what it was.

Well said.  Unfortunately we lost a player (easily in our best 5 this season) for the entire match.

He also misses this week and may never play again.

But that's ok.. apparently it was 'just a football act, an accident and he flinched, what more could he have done!??"

I hope the boys are channeling any anger and frustration into a huge opening quarter on Friday.

It's a fine line between harnessing that and losing the plot but Goody def needs to tap into this starting this week.

US AGAINST THEM!  Smash the [censored] lot of em.

GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Macca said:

Possibly the worst prosection by the tribunal ever.  Nearly everything about this whole sorry episode is wrong

Probably the worst defence from a club too. Today I've been visualising Maynard without arms and legs and his torso looks nothing like a frisbee. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

understand the emotion and grief behind the Maynard thing but bloody hell we are 3 wins away from a FLAG! Fire up Dees! 

Make no mistake, the love and passion for our club is well and truly alive.

The thing is, as many have expressed already, we have already lost any speck of respect and credibility towards the AFL and its minions (media, MRO, et Al).

They can all F off, Starting with Collingwood, Port , Kane Cornes, Eddie Maguire, Most of Channel 7 commentators, Most of Fox Footy, most of SEN.

I, for one, have decided to stop consuming any media that is not MFC related. I have my Demons pods, MFC social media and some Demons YT channels... that's it.

Additionally I will no longer watch non-MFC matches, nor engage in Footy discussion and "banter" with colleagues (yes Filth supporters that today were obnoxious and annoying, stubborn that their thug is innocent)

I am fairly new in the sport, 7 years. Unfortunately I have reached the point of disenchantment and apathy towards a tainted competition.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Probably the worst defence from a club too. Today I've been visualising Maynard without arms and legs and his torso looks nothing like a frisbee. 

In the past Gleeson has ordinarily made any number of pointed remarks to the accused often with an undercurrent of guilt (or at least trying to make the perpetrator feel guilty)

There was none of that last night.  In fact it was what he didn't say that jumped out at me.  And Woods was close to completely useless

When considering the victim was knocked out cold for 2 minutes, Gleeson's & Woods attitudes were nothing short of callous

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Make no mistake, the love and passion for our club is well and truly alive.

The thing is, as many have expressed already, we have already lost any speck of respect and credibility towards the AFL and its minions (media, MRO, et Al).

They can all F off, Starting with Collingwood, Port , Kane Cornes, Eddie Maguire, Most of Channel 7 commentators, Most of Fox Footy, most of SEN.

I, for one, have decided to stop consuming any media that is not MFC related. I have my Demons pods, MFC social media and some Demons YT channels... that's it.

Additionally I will no longer watch non-MFC matches, nor engage in Footy discussion and "banter" with colleagues (yes Filth supporters that today were obnoxious and annoying, stubborn that their thug is innocent)

I am fairly new in the sport, 7 years. Unfortunately I have reached the point of disenchantment and apathy towards a tainted competition.

And a good start for all of us is to not watch Footy Classified tonight ... that smug [censored] will be in his element so I have no wish to destroy my TV

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

I saw ex pies player Brodie Holland wrote a long piece about Melbourne FC and it’s supporters being sooks. Bit rich coming from a known sniper and a wimp who literally burst into tears on field when he lost and had to have a cuddle from his coach to be consoled. What a tragic waste of skin his existence is. Pathetic human.

Found a photo of Brodie Holland being a sook

IMG_8318.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 3

3 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Eddie is a walking racist pig. No surprise that morally bankrupt fool was celebrating someone wearing prison bars getting off for caving an opponents head in. Disgusting pr*ck.

I saw ex pies player Brodie Holland wrote a long piece about Melbourne FC and it’s supporters being sooks. Bit rich coming from a known sniper and a wimp who literally burst into tears on field when he lost and had to have a cuddle from his coach to be consoled. What a tragic waste of skin his existence is. Pathetic human.

Nothing more pathetic than has been footballers who achieved absolutely nothing, coming out pretending like footy back in their days was much better because you could just go out and kill an opponent. 

Good on you and your slightly deformed brain thanks to all the head knocks you’ve suffered. Perhaps footballers in 2023 would prefer to walk away from the game with their own brains fully intact 🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Look at you go at the personal insults.

You calling me a sick and twisted bully yet you're the first to absolutely smash anyone that has a different opinion to yours. Prime example is the way you carried on towards @BoBo last night. You're one of the worst offenders on here and its only because poeple are too scared to actually stand up and say anything is why you get away with it.

Polite request response you reckon? having a laugh right?

Your last line of response to @AzzKikA

"In short, exercise some sensitivity for [censored] sake"

Which part of that was a polite response? He made a measured and calculated response that was different to many others including yours yet you still find a way to have a crack at him in an immature way.

Not only on that, pot kettle black with you. You're having a crack at people for being insensitive when emotions are high and raw and yet you're the first to jump on your high horse after a loss and have a crack at people for being negative on post match threads.

I think it's actually sad guys like @ucanchoose and few others feel reluctant to post their own views and opinions on this thread due to the fear of being absolutely smashed from people such as yourself because their opinions is the opposite to yours.

Yeah, AzzKikA shouldn't be asked to go somewhere else when he's posting about a demons related subject, on a demons thread in a demons forum expressly made for demons supporters to do the very thing he did in the first place. He should be fairly criticised if people disagree, not asked to go somewhere else.

• Clap 1