• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

TICKETING: 2023 Finals Week 01

Stiff Arm

2 hours ago, M_9 said:

Level 2 is N12 to N49 (38 bays) Punt Road end and N29 to N36 (8 bays( at the city end. 

I reckon we'll be allocated the city end and only a small portion of the Punt Road end. Good luck getting level 2.

No.

Cheersquad is in M3. You can be nearly certain that as the "away" team we will Have M3-M6, M9-M10, M12-M13 M16, M52-M53, M55-M56 in the Southern and Olympic with the correlating bays on level 2, 2A and 4. And if not those bays it will be the opposite. Ponsford we will get access to 4 of the 8 bays on level 1 and the same on level 2.

As much as people dont like to hear it, they do actually split the bays 50 50. It just depends on whether we have enough members to fill our allocation before the Pies members start taking it.

SHARING BARCODES! - It’s a nice sentiment BUT be careful sharing them - it’s the same barcode for all the finals meaning once someone has your code they can use it for the rest of the finals (including the GF if needed) and you can’t stop it. I’d like to think everyone here is trustworthy but Demonland is such an anonymous place it and we know that opposition supporters register. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I am a 35 year member and cat 1 ticket holder. No bar code has been sent, no email. Other people love this time of year but I hate it having to battle with this stupid computer system. It takes all the joy out of finals. Ticktet is the daniel andrews of the computer world.

How do I get my barcode? I dont have an MFC account.

3 minutes ago, ex52k2 said:

I am a 35 year member and cat 1 ticket holder. No bar code has been sent, no email. Other people love this time of year but I hate it having to battle with this stupid computer system. It takes all the joy out of finals. Ticktet is the daniel andrews of the computer world.

How do I get my barcode? I dont have an MFC account.

you must have an mfc account tho. create one and link it to your membership.to get your barcode.

• Like 1

It's morning and my friend doesn't have the email, is not able to login to the site. Has to call the club at 9 on the dot then handball the barcode to me under pressure while I try to get tickets and avoid any work distractions stress levels rising.

• Like 1

If you have a physical card it's on there, or just login to the membership site.

Concur the above poster re giving out barcodes, once it's out there it can be used for subsequent finals, risky business

• Like 2

Daniel I have a physical card and there are 4 nos on the back, a number above the barcode, a member number higher on the card and 2 numbers one on the left and right of the barcode. Neither the barcode nor the member number is recognised by the MFC account .

29 minutes ago, layzie said:

It's morning and my friend doesn't have the email, is not able to login to the site. Has to call the club at 9 on the dot then handball the barcode to me under pressure while I try to get tickets and avoid any work distractions stress levels rising.

I got an email this year on March 13 (in the lead up to round 1) and May 18 (before King's birthday) which had the barcode number in it. Perhaps they can check their inbox for one of these emails?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

It did last year, but would confirm in your MFC account. They may give you a separate barcode for the Melbourne allocation.

No barcode there. But it was the same last year. It also says "use your 12 digit barcode" which is the same number of digits as the AFL Membership.

Fairly certain your barcode is your membership barcode across the whole year. Check your past emails from the club. The wording makes it seem like it's unique to finals but 99% sure it's just your membership barcode.

• Like 2

Thank you very much Daniel. Being in my 70s and not up to speed with high tech[ I dont even own a mobile phone]. I went into MFC my account and changed my password and BINGO up popped my barcodes . Next H&M season pop down to 52k2 and I will by you a beer.  signed GREY HAIRED OLD BUGGER.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, DeesignerAU said:

SHARING BARCODES! - It’s a nice sentiment BUT be careful sharing them - it’s the same barcode for all the finals meaning once someone has your code they can use it for the rest of the finals (including the GF if needed) and you can’t stop it. I’d like to think everyone here is trustworthy but Demonland is such an anonymous place it and we know that opposition supporters register. 

Absolutely this. I do not begrudge any Dees supporter looking for a barcode but please beware that once you generously give someone your barcode it could be used the next week (including Grand Final guarantee) before you do and you will miss out.

Sharers Beware.

• Like 4

Good luck today everyone!

Remember to be patient, they release bays at staggered times when they start selling out so if it says no availability just keep trying.

If our allocation gets full you can always try the Collingwood allocation. It is unlikely it will completely sell out in the member on sale.

AFL members like me, god help us all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ben said:

I got an email this year on March 13 (in the lead up to round 1) and May 18 (before King's birthday) which had the barcode number in it. Perhaps they can check their inbox for one of these emails?

45 minutes ago, praha said:

Fairly certain your barcode is your membership barcode across the whole year. Check your past emails from the club. The wording makes it seem like it's unique to finals but 99% sure it's just your membership barcode.

For real? I just assumed finals might be different but will give that a go if all else fails. 

• Like 1

It is very advisable to be cautious re sharing barcodes.

I have done this many times and the appreciation has been overwhelming.  None moreso than that of @Pennant St Dee (which is apparent on page 4 of this thread).

My suggestion is to share with someone who is a long time member of DL and a regular poster.  Better still with someone who already has barcodes and looking for an extra.  All these show they are a true fan (and most likely a member), whose heart bleeds ❤️and 💙.

No point letting spare barcodes go unused.  The more fans we get to the game the better!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, layzie said:

For real? I just assumed finals might be different but will give that a go if all else fails. 

Yeah I just double checked. The number's the same throughout those two emails I mentioned and the email from yesterday about finals tickets (plus I've got the physical card which has this number on it).

• Thanks 1