22 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

If JVR wasn't already a MFC cult legend, he's definitely that now.  Need to feed thIs guy the ball at every opportunity and help him to kick a bag of 5+ goals on the weekend.  Would be the best reward for the week he's just had.

Very proud of the club for not rolling over and taking in on the chin like the AFL wanted.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

The statement read by Kellam is a warning to the rest of the comp for an impending rule change in this area and this show was all about preparing us for the inevitable.

This is a classic legal pronouncement.

If you want the tribunal to depart significantly from existing interpretations Parliament (in this case the AFL) needs to make it clear.

Rule change coming.. (I pity the draftsperson )

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Back from the Gold Coast? I flew back early Sunday morning. Unlike some of the others I don’t make a week-long stay of it. A teenage boy eating only 2-minute noodles for a week is grounds for calling CPS. 😁

I not long ago arrived home from banner making. The train rides and long walk home were spent awaiting the verdict. Thank god for Demonland. 💕

What an amazing social life you have WCW.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heart Beats True said:

What a complete and utter waste of time this whole process has been. Thank god it’s over.

What it has highlighted is that Christian is completely out of his depth when it comes to handling MRO  responsibilities.

Both he and Gleeson need to go for bringing the game into disrepute

• Like 7
  • Clap 5

1 hour ago, Elwood 3184 said:

Given the rebuff given to him by the Appeals Board, should we expect Gleeson to do the honourable thing and resign?

Why? The AFL is thrilled with his work.

• Vomit 2

7 minutes ago, dl4e said:

They should manage JVR as off this week due to AFL/MRO  induced traumatic psychosis.

How about just managing him as a big F U to the AFL/MRO. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Smokey said:

Absolute rubbish. He didn’t need to have an inflammatory opinion on the incident, but he chose to do so. Sticking up for his mate that wasn’t even injured? Please. 

I am absolutely not better than that. Can’t wait to boo him. 

Well then you should be booing Howe even louder, for his rubbish comments about Langdon deserving the rough stuff from 4 Pies, after his little Duck and Dinner comment.

As an ex Demon and a player with at least half a brain, he should have shut up.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, dl4e said:

They should manage JVR as off this week due to AFL/MRO  induced traumatic psychosis.

Look clearly, you’re putting a lot of mayonnaise on this.
But I also understand where you’re coming from.

It seriously must be a complete head [censored] - something that we don’t understand as an AFL footballer how much this must absolutely [censored] with your head. 

💪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

This is what happens when you allow the concept of "interpretation" to creep into your rules and take hold. A totally bogus concept. What other sport entertains the concept of "interpretation" of its rules?

Of course rules have to be interpreted, how else can you follow them?

What you can't do as a Tribunal is make more rules up as you go, or add your own to the official ones. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

brad green will probably be referred to the afl integrity unit who will recommend an independent hawthorn style inquiry.

8 months later........

And I told you that would go nowhere 8 months ago and would descend into farce, which it has.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

he's a board member

he'll be told to refrain from comment in future

Why?... he was spot on.

Its a board members job to speak up, no matter what the situation.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, bush demon said:

It was replayed in both Hawaii and San Fran Cisco which Melbourne won 2-0. That gave us the flag 2-1 on aggregate. A bit like Liverpool and A.C Milan in 2005.

Have the Dees ever  been beaten abroad? 
I know we’ve won in NZ, Canada, USA, China ,England and Tasmania(!) Anywhere else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Well then you should be booing Howe even louder, for his rubbish comments about Langdon deserving the rough stuff from 4 Pies, after his little Duck and Dinner comment.

As an ex Demon and a player with at least half a brain, he should have shut up.

We are in furious agreement on this 

• Like 2

Great news indeed. What I find bizarre is this comment from Andrew Dillon. i mean dude, what clarity do you need? You write the rules FFS.

AFL chief executive elect Andrew Dillon said the tribunal’s top priority was “the health and safety of the players”, but admitted van Rooyen’s hearing would offer more clarity on what was acceptable when spoiling.

“I think what is helpful, if we run the process through, tonight will give us more clarity on that going forward,” Dillon said.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Neil Crompton said:

What an amazing social life you have WCW.

All 100% Dees-related. Seems our passion for the Demons isn’t the only thing DA members have in common. As with any organisation, there’s gonna be some non-compatible folks, but I’ve yet to meet them. 🥰 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, kev martin said:

Unacceptable risk, the CTE is a horrible injury.

Don't play! Wow, The rules can be tinkered with to create a safe game.

My problem is how they are going about it. 

The players need clear, consistent instructions,  not what is happening via the Tribunal. 

It is not Rollerball, a 1975 movie, a bloodsport. AFL has much more beauty, than it has what you advocate.

I’m merely advocating for adhering to the beauty. And with hand on heart, I firmly believe that some small part of that beauty is the inherent danger the game presents. Without it, it loses a degree of it’s attraction to me. Not all of it’s attraction, (hopefully) obviously. But if the AFL becomes a sport where players are expected to not risk serious injury, or to risk inflicting injury on others at all stages, I’m not sure if I’d want to watch it. 

Sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, He de mon said:

Great news indeed. What I find bizarre is this comment from Andrew Dillon. i mean dude, what clarity do you need? You write the rules FFS.

AFL chief executive elect Andrew Dillon said the tribunal’s top priority was “the health and safety of the players”, but admitted van Rooyen’s hearing would offer more clarity on what was acceptable when spoiling.

“I think what is helpful, if we run the process through, tonight will give us more clarity on that going forward,” Dillon said.

Well… it was clear Dill, until the MRO and Tribunal made it unclear. But yes, tap yourselves on the back and tell each other you’ve done an amazing job. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 5/7/2023 at 6:50 PM, Ethan Tremblay said:

Challenge and get off on appeal. If not, games a joke. 

Meh… it’s still a joke. Have to say, haven’t overly enjoyed this season so far. Instead of just being able to sit back and enjoy the game, I find myself on edge with every contest due to the ridiculousness of the umpiring. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1