• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2023 Injury List

Demonland

Medico staff have butchered this one unfortunately. When you think it's suitable to start running 3 days after initially doing it against Port and giving it zero time to actually proper recover then this is exactly what, the injury starts becoming debilitating.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Who said it isn’t an important bone? I know I didn’t. I said it was a very small bone; small as in physical size, not as in importance.

Besides, I’m sure every bone in one’s foot is important. You get a tiny fracture in one of them and they’ll remind you of how important they are with every step you take. 😭 

4 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

So true. 
The amount of times I’ve broken little toes and you think “who cares, what are these toes even for”, and you find out they are for walking and stuff 🤪

Sure ... but what tiny bones need, or can even take a plate 

I guess it will all come out in the course of time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Medico staff have butchered this one unfortunately. When you think it's suitable to start running 3 days after initially doing it against Port and giving it zero time to actually proper recover then this is exactly what, the injury starts becoming debilitating.

Well, regardless of how it got this bad ( and none of us know that for sure) we have to make sure it heals properly now. Whether that means missing 2, 3 or more weeks or the frikn season. Clarry healthy  is a bigger fish than the season of 2023. We need him for 5 years not for 5 weeks. Its heartbreaking but its part of footy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

There is something very wrong here.

The only thing I can think of is, it has something to do with the infection, as apparently the initial strain was a mild one.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

The club needs to come out at some point and give us the full story, because this entire episode is completely unacceptable for a supposedly professional sporting club.

Firstly, allowing Oliver to play on after the initial injury. Then, allowing an infection to get bad enough to result in a lengthy hospital stay, having him train in the cold and wet after the Geelong game, taking him to Alice Springs for no reason, and every other ill advised training session he has done in the past 7 weeks. Finally, the lack of meaningful updates that resulted in the ridiculous rumours that circulated a few weeks ago.

Goodwin needs to shut up and stop saying every Monday that he is a chance to play this week, before he is then ruled out two days later. It reflects badly on him and the club.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, poita said:

The club needs to come out at some point and give us the full story, because this entire episode is completely unacceptable for a supposedly professional sporting club.

Firstly, allowing Oliver to play on after the initial injury. Then, allowing an infection to get bad enough to result in a lengthy hospital stay, having him train in the cold and wet after the Geelong game, taking him to Alice Springs for no reason, and every other ill advised training session he has done in the past 7 weeks. Finally, the lack of meaningful updates that resulted in the ridiculous rumours that circulated a few weeks ago.

Goodwin needs to shut up and stop saying every Monday that he is a chance to play this week, before he is then ruled out two days later. It reflects badly on him and the club.

Agree.

• Like 1

Plan A in relation to our forward line isn’t working and we have no plan B 

Injuries to key players as well,  as our season slips away, are we on life support and have we wasted another year with this list, and with Gawn now past his best?

• Shocked 1

Something absolutely stinks. Two months for a minor hamstring strain. I don’t think so. 
And the longer the club doesn’t admit it was their poor management, the worse it looks for poor Clayton. 

Nothing has been the same since Burgess left. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Something absolutely stinks. Two months for a minor hamstring strain. I don’t think so. 
And the longer the club doesn’t admit it was their poor management, the worse it looks for poor Clayton. 

Nothing has been the same since Burgess left. 

Clayton is definitely unwell.  It may be a hamstring, it may an infection or it may be another personal type illness.  I hope he is getting all of the support he needs.  The team needs him well and firing, but more importantly, he needs himself well and firing.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

Clayton is definitely unwell.  It may be a hamstring, it may an infection or it may be another personal type illness.  I hope he is getting all of the support he needs.  The team needs him well and firing, but more importantly, he needs himself well and firing.  

If something else is going on then they need to tell us. 
These idiotic cryptic injury reports leave a lot to be desired when your best player is in question and your top 4 spot is on the line!

• Like 6

As a physio myself, I know the feeling of this sort of stuff. 

Sometimes you have a minor niggle that just keeps on keeping on. From the outside a minor hammy like that looks like a standard 3 weeker (which it is for 90%) but for some, every time you try and grade them up in the program they get sore, or can’t get to top speed, or just keep feeling the hamstring at not 100%. 

I know it’s popular to make something bigger than it is, which is fair enough given Clarry’s importance to our team. But from my view it seems like he lost all fitness from his infection, has rebuilt that which added another couple of weeks, and is perfectly fine for going on a run with friends around the block but still can’t hit that full pace there. It’s also definitely the hardest phase to rehab. 

fingers crossed for next week!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 14
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

If something else is going on then they need to tell us. 
These idiotic cryptic injury reports leave a lot to be desired when your best player is in question and your top 4 spot is on the line!

The limited information suggests to me there are other things going on with Oliver.  The lack of information is tough for us supports but Oliver's privacy and welfare is priority 1.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

The limited information suggests to me there are other things going on with Oliver.  The lack of information is tough for us supports but Oliver's privacy and welfare is priority 1.  

If you know there are other personal issues (no need to tell us what they are) that comment is fine.

If you are assuming there are other personal issues that comment will spark another round of rumours about Oliver.  There are more than enough out there and we don't need any more.

So could you please clarify and perhaps edit that post and the earlier one about him being 'definitely unwell' to clarify if they are based on assumptions.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Wearing my Ex Phys- Ed and Grad Dip in Sports Science, I too, am shocked if this is the case! Ice for 24 hours then gentle stretching through movement range, followed by a graduated, strengthening program including weights, massage THEN running used to be the "Go To" method of rehab.Running after 3 days?? Nar no way known. Any Physio's or Doctors on Demonland care to back me up here??

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Wearing my Ex Phys- Ed and Grad Dip in Sports Science, I too, am shocked if this is the case! Ice for 24 hours then gentle stretching through movement range, followed by a graduated, strengthening program including weights, massage THEN running used to be the "Go To" method of rehab.Running after 3 days?? Nar no way known. Any Physio's or Doctors on Demonland care to back me up here??

Straight line running is fine if it’s a minor hammy, just no increase in pace 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

If you know there are other personal issues (no need to tell us what they are) that comment is fine.

If you are assuming there are other personal issues that comment will spark another round of rumours about Oliver.  There are more than enough out there and we don't need any more.

So could you please clarify and perhaps edit that post (and the earlier one).

I generally don't follow social media so am not sure of the rumours you are alluding to.  I am giving my opinion that Oliver is unwell and the club as his employer is not allowed to disclose health information that is beyond that deemed reasonable or consented to by Oliver himself.  We shouldn't expect to be given every inch of detail.  Agree though that lack of info swirls the rumour mill.  It is a balancing act.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Has there been any offical word on Oliver yet and what the hell is about. 

Well this is an incredibly poor look. 
Also that’s not a “trainer” channel 7, that’s our head of fitness 🙄

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Well this is an incredibly poor look. 
Also that’s not a “trainer” channel 7, that’s our head of fitness 🙄

Incredibly poor look? Its now becoming a major issue.!! Club will be going into damage control soon if this isn't clarrified.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

It doesn’t look good does it but you have to listen to your head of training, the press will search for inflammatory vision without knowing what is actually being said.

• Like 4

This is really snowballing, club need to be upfront with where the injury is at and why it’s taken so long for a two week injury to heal. 
Going by the clip above it’s hard not to assume it’s been very badly mismanaged. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1