Oliver's fault he was gouged in the eye

sue

2 hours ago, DeeZee said:

The Media absolutely hating on us this year.

I can’t watch any of the footy shows anymore , King, Cornes, Whateley, Robbo, Caroline Wilson, BT, just love sinking the boots in.

And for once, I really hope the players are reading and listening to it all. File it away Dees

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, layzie said:

Come on mate that's Hollywood hogwash.

That's a reasonable response but I think the hogwash is the hysteria of the responses on here 

What we saw was par for the course, not some AFL vendetta and I don't neccesarily agree he should have been acquitted 

Players have  got off when finals are in play for  far more than a contested and  uncontrolled scuffle 

I have no comment on Hodge nor the AFL in general. 

The charge wasn't eye gouging ...it  was made before ...you claim the fix was in.

If the charge was gouging it may have been a different result..

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Swooper1987 said:

I'm not into conspiracy theories as a rule but I am beginning to believe there is a real dislike of Clayton from other players.  The last two years he didn't get near the MVP despite winning the AFLCA award in both years.  Blokes like Pendlebury come out and blacken his name with his "elbow into the throat" bs. Just seems like there is a bit more going on here.

Yeah it’s called tall poppy syndrome. 

• Like 2

So it is fair game to eye gouge now. 
This is going to cause a very serious injury sometime down the line. 
A Dangerous precedent indeed 

Berry knew exactly what he was doing 

File it away. Brisbane are gutter dwellers 

• Like 2

It's a PF and there is no damage to Clarry and he was pressing down on Berry's jaw/neck with his elbow.

Can understand why he was given the benefit of the doubt.

BTW I am hoping for a Lions/Swans Grand Final and would cop a Swans flag.

It would be funny all Victorians not giving a damn about the GF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IRW said:

Perhaps because he's actually played AFL pal..and also  knows Clarrie is given to falling over and not being as tough in the clinches as he is in the contested packs 

Besides which he wasn't actually gouged in the eye.

Where were you , lying on the ground, beside him, because I didn't see you there?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IRW said:

Perhaps because he's actually played AFL pal..and also  knows Clarrie is given to falling over and not being as tough in the clinches as he is in the contested packs 

Besides which he wasn't actually gouged in the eye.

9 hours ago, IRW said:

I will explain it to you then

Pendlebury's opinion is likely informed by his understanding of what actually happens on the AFL ground.

It is probably moderated by players generally wanting other players to get a finals game unless they are a thug  like Toby Greene.

It seems relatively  common that  Oliver falls over to milk frees outside of pack contests.

He's not soft  just a lousy actor.

And the charge wasn't eye gouging so the decision doesn't relate to that.

You don't have to like it but is it too hard for you to understand .

Your response wasn't odd   merely typically prejudiced and childish

9 hours ago, IRW said:

That's a reasonable response but I think the hogwash is the hysteria of the responses on here 

What we saw was par for the course, not some AFL vendetta and I don't neccesarily agree he should have been acquitted 

Players have  got off when finals are in play for  far more than a contested and  uncontrolled scuffle 

I have no comment on Hodge nor the AFL in general. 

The charge wasn't eye gouging ...it  was made before ...you claim the fix was in.

If the charge was gouging it may have been a different result..

Then you should have said this ⬆️ in the first place - not that I agree with you btw but at least this comment is tolerable - instead of your first two ridiculous comments. I mean, come on: “Pendlebury's opinion is likely informed by his understanding of what actually happens on the AFL ground.” Surely even you see how silly this comment is?!

12 hours ago, Swooper1987 said:

I'm not into conspiracy theories as a rule but I am beginning to believe there is a real dislike of Clayton from other players.  The last two years he didn't get near the MVP despite winning the AFLCA award in both years.  Blokes like Pendlebury come out and blacken his name with his "elbow into the throat" bs. Just seems like there is a bit more going on here.

I am, I reckon some players would be jealous of his ability to win the ball, have three guys all over him and still get a valued possession of to advantage. Also be scragged, held of the ball, deliberately blocked by players who have no intention of getting a kick themselves, just stop using any means fair and unfair!. Thats my take! Player ratings by players amount to a beauty contest!

• Like 4

Up there with the Ginnivan non suspension, AFL need to stop looking for excuses to get big name/finals players off. Bet if Brisbane was out he would have been suspended

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I am, I reckon some players would be jealous of his ability to win the ball, have three guys all over him and still get a valued possession of to advantage. Also be scragged, held of the ball, deliberately blocked by players who have no intention of getting a kick themselves, just stop using any means fair and unfair!. Thats my take! Player ratings by players amount to a beauty contest!

They will all be more jealous when they see King Clarry 👑 with the Brownlow around his neck come Sunday Night!!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I have no idea who you are IRW, but that is one of the oddest posts I have ever seen on Demonland (and considering the wide field of "odd posts" that is quite a claim!). But I feel a Monty Python quote coming on, from the Holy Grail: "what a strange person". 

Strange but not true..

16 hours ago, IRW said:

I will explain it to you then

Pendlebury's opinion is likely informed by his understanding of what actually happens on the AFL ground.

It is probably moderated by players generally wanting other players to get a finals game unless they are a thug  like Toby Greene.

It seems relatively  common that  Oliver falls over to milk frees outside of pack contests.

He's not soft  just a lousy actor.

And the charge wasn't eye gouging so the decision doesn't relate to that.

You don't have to like it but is it too hard for you to understand .

Your response wasn't odd   merely typically prejudiced and childish

But he'll happily support his fellow team mate, who takes every opportunity to drop at the knees or to be a menace to the opposition with the full intent of milking a free.

I can accept though Clarry having accentuated contact a number of times in his career - more so to get the attention from umpires because he is contestably being held off ball. Putting that aside, the 'accentuating actions' shouldn't define his nature given 99.8% of the time, he is tough as nails. 

Berry given a lifeline for sure. The AFL need to tighten the MRO/tribunal system big time. It has become a complete farce again. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/14/2022 at 6:22 PM, Jibroni said:

Playing devils advocate, if Jack Viney was Berry and Lochie Neale was Clarry would people's thoughts be the same?

Neale would be walking with a guide dog or tapping a cane for the rest of his life is that was the case.

The bloke should have been suspended. He gouged Clarrys eyes.

• Like 1