CHANGES: SF vs Brisbane

Demonland

If TMac was closer to full fitness, I'd be bringing him back for Melksham. But we can't afford to play him when he's spent so long out of the game. Particularly given the odds of us playing an under-fit Petracca will be high (he'll declare himself fine to play and the coaches won't go against his word).

My issue with Bedford is he doesn't seems to be relaxed/calm in his thinking - it seems 2 seconds behind his very fast movements. Maybe Bowey in as Medi-sub (if Petracca doesn't come up) and Smith comes in as additional forward?

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, #11-TonyAnderson said:

My issue with Bedford is he doesn't seems to be relaxed/calm in his thinking - it seems 2 seconds behind his very fast movements. Maybe Bowey in as Medi-sub (if Petracca doesn't come up) and Smith comes in as additional forward?

Bedford was really poor in the fourth quarter of the Geelong game. Looked to be well behind the pace when that game got hot.

I'm not sure he's good enough to be playing AFL finals right now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, loges said:

As predicted

You beauty go Harmesy

In case no-one noticed, many players were fumbling today due to the intense pressure and slipping at crucial times on the lush MCG surface. 

I believe T-Mac will play as long as he gets thru training this week. Lots of sore players with milk & Fritter both having knee scans. Spargo in the hospital unable to talk and Trac we all know about. The side may need freshening up a bit.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

If TMac was closer to full fitness, I'd be bringing him back for Melksham. But we can't afford to play him when he's spent so long out of the game. Particularly given the odds of us playing an under-fit Petracca will be high (he'll declare himself fine to play and the coaches won't go against his word).

You'd hope him as one of the leaders should look after the team first rather than himself... 🤔

8 hours ago, MadAsHell said:

With Petracca's hair line fracture they're going to need to throw him forward IMO. He can play Melksham's role which just means we need some cover in the midfield. 

IN: Dunstan, Bedford*

OUT: Melksham, Harmes*

*Only if suspended.

FB: Lever, May, Hibberd

HB: Rivers, Petty, Salem

C: Harmes*, Brayshaw, Langdon

HF: Neal-Bullen, B. Brown, Spargo

FF: Fritsch, Petracca, Pickett

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Oliver

INT: Dunstan, Hunt, Jackson, Sparrow

SUB: Bowey

EMERG: Bedford*, J. Smith, Weideman 

Is it a good idea to play Petracca?

Perhaps we should back ourselves to win this one and have him cherry ripe for the PF.

Dunstan should be able to do the job against the Lions. 

• Like 2

A young wet Amos kicking goals in a final in his second game.

A super wet Darcy has kicked a goal for the Dogs in a final.

No reason why we can't play JVR this week for Melk.  Roll the die Goody!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Bedford was really poor in the fourth quarter of the Geelong game. Looked to be well behind the pace when that game got hot.

I'm not sure he's good enough to be playing AFL finals right now.

He isn’t, if we’re struggling and they make him try to win and use the ball under pressure. He’s still shaky doing that at Casey

But defensively he’s very good and we could use Pickett or Spargo deeper and put Toby in the unrewarded running spot. 

As poor as he was against Geelong, he was pretty good v Brisbane I think. 

Edited by DeeSpencer

4 hours ago, rpfc said:

I’m sorry, I can’t recall that encounter. I can imagine the opinion though.

I’ll remind you.

You ridiculed someone for their opinion  ( omitting Neal-Bullen ) only to agree with that same opinion one week later.

58 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Melbourne v Brisbane next Friday night AFL just announced 

Source?

Does that mean the prelim, if we win, will also be on the Friday?

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

He isn’t, if we’re struggling and they make him try to win and use the ball under pressure.

But defensively he’s very good and we could use Pickett or Spargo deeper and put Toby in the unrewarded running spot. 

As poor as he was against Geelong, he was pretty good v Brisbane I think. 

Certainly better against Brisbane, but the pressure level vs Brisbane was nowhere near vs Geelong.

6 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Source?

Does that mean the prelim, if we win, will also be on the Friday?

Certainly better against Brisbane, but the pressure level vs Brisbane was nowhere near vs Geelong.

Ralphy on fox footy and yep if we win it will be Geelong Friday night again 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demons11 said:

No chance this happens. If Melksham goes out then a tall will come in. 

I have been an advocate for giving JVR a run since mid season, then went off a bit close to finals, but am warming to  the idea again. Surely couldn’t underperform Milkshake and would provide a decent contest every time. 

• Like 3

Just watched a young key position player in Jye Amiss who in his 2nd game of AFL footy just take control of doggies defenders and made a solid contribution. 

The mind boggles that to this day JVR hasn't really come close to a debut. Time for ego to put his stubbornness aside and just play the kid next week.

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Ralphy on fox footy and yep if we win it will be Geelong Friday night again 

Yep it's up on the AFL website now too.

Would make sense for Geelong to get the Friday prelim and Sydney the Saturday prelim, but I suppose the potential spanner in the works would be that Geelong ask for the Saturday prelim to get more of their fans to the game. Would mean that Collingwood/Fremantle would have to play Sydney off a six-day break, so I think the AFL would prefer to avoid that and give both semi final winners six days into the prelims.

11 hours ago, IRW said:

Yeah two crucial misses and half the team fell over or handpassed to Sydney all night.

He was pressure  and as much as they need extra big  tall strong I'd almost play TMac for rag doll Brown and hope Fritta and Gawn can catch it.

Max doesn't tap to our players anyway .

Problem with TMac is I don't think he comes back from foot injuries with any sort of form to speak of.

That's me jogging past you while you blame Melksham for bad coaching an game wide lousy decisions from the  Captain down

Agree, watch and count how many of Gawns taps are to Clarry?? Answer.. close to zero, no wonder Clarry is the CONTESTED possesion king, hardly EVER gets Silver service!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

He won't, Ill put my house on it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Agree, watch and count how many of Gawns taps are to Clarry?? Answer.. close to zero, no wonder Clarry is the CONTESTED possesion king, hardly EVER gets Silver service!

Imagine how good Clarry would be if he did get Silver service 

Another incredible game

Wont happen, but…

Jackson out for Weids. Can be  better forward, and Bris are second stringers in ruck only.  Max back in the middle rather than starting at ff.

Petracca a watch. If he isnt 100%, dont risk him.

ANB - what gives?  Think he could easily be replaced by chandler or bedders.

too many played poorly.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I bet he won't and will probably play Trac and Spargo and anyone else who can walk unaided.

Which is why JVR and every other possible change hasnt had a run in the team to date.

This bloke isn't a coaching genius despite last years success.

Not by a long shot

Edited by IRW
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

11 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Just watched a young key position player in Jye Amiss who in his 2nd game of AFL footy just take control of doggies defenders and made a solid contribution. 

The mind boggles that to this day JVR hasn't really come close to a debut. Time for ego to put his stubbornness aside and just play the kid next week.

No chance