ROAD TO THE GRAND FINAL

Lucifers Hero

1 minute ago, Deestar9 said:

Probably because they are taking into account that Geelong get no real benefit of finishing first (no home final) so they are making it easier to get up and back the highway for their supporters 

One would think they would put one of the interstate games on Saturday night, especially as Freo and Bulldogs will be playing on Father's Day.

12 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Bizarre that there is no game on Saturday night!!

Advantages to whoever loses out of Cat and Woods, as they go up against a team with one day less days and coming from the West. (Addit: same amount of recovery days, reacted to LH's error.)

Whereas if we or Sydney lose, we or they get a team coming of a day extra, although from the north.

Edited by kev martin
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Tickets:  Finals Week 1

Qualifying & Elimination Finals On Sale: Tuesday August 23 and Wednesday August 24 
Club members – 10am 
AFL members (MCG only) – 11am 
General Public – 3pm

Qualifying Final 1: Geelong Cats v Collingwood, MCG. Date and time TBC.
Qualifying Final 2: Melbourne v Sydney Swans, MCG. Date and time TBC.
Elimination Final 1: Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium. Date and time TBC.
Elimination Final 2: Brisbane Lions v Richmond, The Gabba. Date and time TBC.

Hopefully, they don't sell the two MCG games on the same day as it will bring the Ticketek website down.

As we are playing on Friday night our tickets will most likely go on sale on Tuesday morning.

Therefore keep an eye on your emails for one from the club which has your Barcode(s) necessary to buy tickets.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

As we are playing on Friday night our tickets will most likely go on sale on Tuesday morning.

Therefore keep an eye on your emails for one from the club which has your Barcode(s) necessary to buy tickets.

Anyone know what the go is for MCC? They have created the event, but no info on when and how to buy visitor tickets or reserved seats. 

20 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

If you sign in at https://am.ticketmaster.com/melbournefc/ it gives you your barcode already that says it can be used for finals.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Ticketek site currently says ticket on sale at these dates/times:

MCC members: Tue 23 Aug 2022 9:00AM (AEST)

AFL members: Wed 31 Aug 2022 9:00AM (AEST)

Club members & general public: Wed 31 Aug 2022 9:00AM  (AEST)

It seems a bit odd but don't shoot the messenger.

I reckon it's a typo and club members would be on the Tuesday 

1 hour ago, praha said:

The winner of Melbourne vs Swans is gifted a dream run to the GF.

On the flip side, the loser faces the tough draw to the GF, having to play one of Geelong or Collingwood to get there.

QF is actually a must win. 

But if we win we will likely play Pies and the Cats in the GF so I guess we need to beat them either way 

but I get it’s the easier way to the GF

12 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Was hoping Freo would get Geelong, then Collingwood, Richmond and Sydney were all in the same grouping, after we win the QF

Then we would've had most likely:  Fremantle, Brisbane or Carlton in a prelim  lol

The dream result would have been for Collingwood and Carlton to draw.

Would have meant Geelong v Fremantle, Collingwood v Carlton and Brisbane v Richmond were the other games.

Which in turn would have meant that the winner of Melb v Sydney would have gone into a prelim to play the loser of Geelong v Fremantle or the winner of Collingwood v Carlton.

Edit: none of the above is true. Collingwood losing would have been better.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 1

Rapt to get the prime slot! Can’t bloody wait. I missed finals last year obviously and missed finals in 2018 due to work travel so I can’t remember the last final I attended!!

BACK TO BACK IS ON!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

The dream result would have been for Collingwood and Carlton to draw.

Would have meant Geelong v Fremantle, Collingwood v Carlton and Brisbane v Richmond were the other games.

Which in turn would have meant that the winner of Melb v Sydney would have gone into a prelim to play the loser of Geelong v Fremantle or the winner of Collingwood v Carlton.

Why would that be preferable to a Loser of Geelong v Fremantle and winner of 5v8 Brisbane v Carlton playing us in a prelim?

2 hours ago, Sydee said:

Hopefully it’s a bit like the 1987 game -blew them away 

Personally I think they are real threat to us they seem to match up well and their backs are pretty underrated

We need to bring our best and I hope it’s a very very pro MFC crowd just like it was in ‘87 

If I remember correctly it was T Viney that kicked the first game that day to get us going - maybe J Viney this time 

87 v Swans was awesome. Great experience. The week before v North the crowd was even more primal.

This weekend could not have gone any better for us. Our best is THE best. Again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

No.  We chose our seats on the Ticketek website when purchasing the tickets. 

Hopefully, the system allows us to choose our seats rather than the computer 'allocate' seats and then have to try and change them on the website.

My tip is to check check all the info on Ticketek in advance of the tickets going on sale.  And have the membership barcodes which the club sends (hopefully tomorrow) ready.

Just had a look on Ticketek. 
It said club members can purchase up to 10 tickets. (I thought is this right?….) I then looked at the Cats v Pies game and club members can only purchase 1 ticket. Obviously both Victorian clubs with large supporter bases.