Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:     

Demon Army Cheer Squad



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Stein9193 said:

I'm sorry if this offends some people but why does everyone have such a big problem with identifying areas of improvement? I don't doubt the people in this group work very hard at what they do and maybe it is not their fault. Maybe the club needs to do more to support them? But why is it when we're on a message board for discussion that people feel so threatened?

Again I apologise to all the people here involved in the Demon Army this is not meant to be attacking you personally and you most likely do a good job. We need to keep striving for improvement in all areas of the club and if we can improve this area then why not?

I get it, but you just need to choose the words very carefully when doing so. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2022 at 8:45 AM, DemonSam said:

I'm more than happy to do my part.

I don't get why you don't just join? Be part of something you want to change.

FWIW, things are tight with the soft cap, but there is a space for the club to find some student musos or some such to assist the DA, maybe get some OKEDO-DAIKO (Taiko drums) lined up- (sponsorship chance Jaguar?) Would sound awesome at the G and get rid of the loathsome banal crud american style basketball noise they pipe in after a goal.   

I love the DA, I love the big heads, and love their dedication!

 

Edited by DEE fence
You tube link
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

*I’ve pasted this comment from another thread*
 

I think the low attendance part is not so much the issue in all of this. If we had the same attendance but we were LOUD then it wouldn’t be brought up as much. I sit in Dees members and I yell and carry on as well as one guy in front of me. I’ll be honest, I feel like I’m ‘carrying on’ because me and this other guy are the most vocal just in our little area. 
 

There’s just no voice! We’re meek. It isn’t the cheer squad, it’s us other Dees fans that are so quiet. 
 

*Suggestion* 

We need ‘supporter’ reps that G up the crowd. All this means is being vocal and joining in chants and such when the cheer squad does in different parts of the ground, even when it’s quiet 🤫 I’ll put my hand up first. 
 

I’d suggest we make a ‘reps shirt’ or something and get as many people on demonland to get them so we’re visible. A kind of uniform. It can be as simple as a scarf.

If everyone on Demonland can commit to this then this seems like something that we on this site can do? It might become a thing? We need a cultural change as supporters, so we need as many of it on demonland to appear official and just make it happen.

People will get louder if others are already doing it. We need to make I semi-official so people don’t feel self-conscious as that’s what I feel like the culture is.

If people think this will work I’ll make a dedicated post and try and get some kind of ‘rep’ uniform made by polling or something.

 

That’s the best I’ve got. There doesn’t need to be heaps of us, we just need to be loud.

 

As much input would be appreciated as I don’t know if this is a crap idea or not. If lots of people buy into it, then let’s make it happen!

Edited by BoBo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need to expand the cheer squad across the ground and change our meek culture. We can do this by making us demonlanders easily visible to each other, which means when we see earth other in our uniform, we’ll know that were going to have someone nearby that’s going to join in with chants and be loud.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Too late, I’ve let them in already. I know I should grow a thicker skin and I am, but it takes time. I’m more upset about these comments in relation to my fellow squad members. They are insanely devoted to our Club. They’re fiercely loyal and proud Demons diehards. It makes me sick to think of any of this nastiness ever reaching any of these beautiful people. 
Thanks for your support, FD💕

Hey The Cheer Squad Rocks

bring back Red & Blue Floggers ( Big Ones)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, layzie said:

Would you get a title like official Demonland Team Leader/Area Manager/Hall Monitor?  

You'd have to have a sash as part of the uniform surely! 

I’ll get a sash made just for you Layzie. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hey The Cheer Squad Rocks

bring back Red & Blue Floggers ( Big Ones)

Little floggers will have to suffice. Seems a large portion of our funds goes towards those giant heads. They’re not cheap. But personally, I love them. I’ve gone from Gussy (sans helmet) to helmeted Gussy to Jayden this past weekend, with my goal to hold aloft the Kozzie with his tongue out followed by the holy grail… Giant Maxy Head. 😁

In case anyone is wondering what happens when a giant head player retires… the giant head is raffled off, raising funds for, well, more giant heads. 🙃 Currently Jonesy’s head is being raffled. I’ve bought a tonne of tickets. Fingers crossed. And if I win - Soz, neighbours! 🤣

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, layzie said:

Would you get a title like official Demonland Team Leader/Area Manager/Hall Monitor?  

You'd have to have a sash as part of the uniform surely! 

I’m seeing lot of complaining on here about how quiet Dees fans are.

Either we all join the cheer squad or we try and organise something else.

If neither of these options aren’t to demonlanders liking and nobody else puts forward a better idea, then the topic should die off pretty quickly and this thread never be bough up again 🤷‍♂️ 
 

P.S. this isn’t directed at you specifically, just generally. 

 

Edited by BoBo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stein9193 said:

I'm sorry if this offends some people but why does everyone have such a big problem with identifying areas of improvement? I don't doubt the people in this group work very hard at what they do and maybe it is not their fault. Maybe the club needs to do more to support them? But why is it when we're on a message board for discussion that people feel so threatened?

Again I apologise to all the people here involved in the Demon Army this is not meant to be attacking you personally and you most likely do a good job. We need to keep striving for improvement in all areas of the club and if we can improve this area then why not?

Your posts have been very disparaging and mean spirited.

I’ve no problems at all with you making suggestions for improvements as long as you do so constructively.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DeeZone said:

I never get bored with winning and have a look at our percentage after round 10, we weren’t playing well but still winning comfortably. We are still a game and percentage clear but need to knock off the confident Pies.!!

Of course you never get bored but it hasn’t been the best style of footy that gets you up and about. We just get the job done.. well we did and we will again 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BoBo said:

I’m seeing lot of complaining on here about how quiet Dees fans are.

Either we all join the cheer squad or we try and organise something else.

If neither of these options aren’t to demonlanders liking and nobody else puts forward a better idea, then the topic should die off pretty quickly and this thread never be bough up again 🤷‍♂️ 
 

P.S. this isn’t directed at you specifically, just generally. 

 

No I hear ya, do something about it or accept and move on. A brainstorm isn't wasted. Appreciate the effort.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sit in the Legends area first level up and right next to the MCC area and the area there is pretty much dead. I believe the members are discouraged from making excessive noise and the other side of where I sit is the President's lunch attendees.

I went to the Presidents Dinner of Saturday and there seemed to be a lot of Swans supporters there who got a lot noisier as the game went on. The point I'm trying to make is there is very little noise from the MCC members area and the Legends, Presidents lunch/dinner area which takes up most of that side of the ground.

Now settle down WCW, I'm not having a go at the Cheer Squad this is just a general comment.

I was at the end nearest our cheer squad and I couldn't hear them during the game but I could hear the Swans cheer squad as clear as a bell. I could also hear the Swans Supporters that sit next to the Dees cheer squad in the Shane Warne Stand.

Apart from amplification I don't know what the answer is. Those that sit in front of the Presidents Club area are a mixture of home and away and neutral supporters, we don't have many that sit in the AFL area.

You can't make noise if you are in there MCC members and those that are in my area are supporters and their guests and they are not going to make a [censored] of themselves if they have a client or guest with them. 

We don't have a Cat man or Tiger man and no one seems stupid enough to dress up as a Demon, we are not that type, some supporters put money in and some find other ways of doing things like joining the Cheer squad or volunteering.

The way the seating is configured it makes it hard to get all our members together and we just have too many conservative members. I guess if you want to have a noisy Cheer squad, join the Tigers or Collingwood.

Our supporters don't hang over the fence and threaten the umpires or have brawls after or during the game, so I guess I'd rather have them than a bunch os supposed dedicated supporters that really only go for the Booze and a Brawl than to watch the football.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dante said:

I sit in the Legends area first level up and right next to the MCC area and the area there is pretty much dead. I believe the members are discouraged from making excessive noise and the other side of where I sit is the President's lunch attendees.

I went to the Presidents Dinner of Saturday and there seemed to be a lot of Swans supporters there who got a lot noisier as the game went on. The point I'm trying to make is there is very little noise from the MCC members area and the Legends, Presidents lunch/dinner area which takes up most of that side of the ground.

Now settle down WCW, I'm not having a go at the Cheer Squad this is just a general comment.

I was at the end nearest our cheer squad and I couldn't hear them during the game but I could hear the Swans cheer squad as clear as a bell. I could also hear the Swans Supporters that sit next to the Dees cheer squad in the Shane Warne Stand.

Apart from amplification I don't know what the answer is. Those that sit in front of the Presidents Club area are a mixture of home and away and neutral supporters, we don't have many that sit in the AFL area.

You can't make noise if you are in there MCC members and those that are in my area are supporters and their guests and they are not going to make a [censored] of themselves if they have a client or guest with them. 

We don't have a Cat man or Tiger man and no one seems stupid enough to dress up as a Demon, we are not that type, some supporters put money in and some find other ways of doing things like joining the Cheer squad or volunteering.

The way the seating is configured it makes it hard to get all our members together and we just have too many conservative members. I guess if you want to have a noisy Cheer squad, join the Tigers or Collingwood.

Our supporters don't hang over the fence and threaten the umpires or have brawls after or during the game, so I guess I'd rather have them than a bunch os supposed dedicated supporters that really only go for the Booze and a Brawl than to watch the football.

I sit in the MCC are and you are allowed to make a noise. Cast your mind back to when we played Hawthorn and Geelong at the G in 2018 to make the finals, the sound inside the MCC (and around the ground) was unbelievable. When Kossie has the ball the noise around the ground lifts incredibly - he is so exciting. I am not talking about general play noise but when we were down by a couple of goals there was nothing on Saturday night. We (the supporters)went back into our shells and conceded that we were going to lose.

Maybe we should do what Geelong does and not allow large groups of opposition supporters to sit together. The group of Fremantle and Swan supporters were sitting directly behind and next to their cheer squads. The Swans do have a larger than normal interstate supporter base in Melbourne largely due to the work of Tony Morwood but the noise coming from that area was commented by many people sitting around us. It made me think that there is some technical device amplifying the sound to make it sound better for TV, the difference was so notable.

If we dont come together on Monday we will look ridiculous, and the players will need our support and noise especially after this morning's news.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Angelo was there last Saturday. Saw him on the TV coverage. Same seat as always, wearing a backwards cap I think.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


38 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

@WalkingCivilWarMight there be a late change to the banner this week? Involving a cooked magpie, with a serving of chips and gravy 😈

There’s still four days ‘til banner build. At the rate we’re making the headlines right now, god only knows what will feature on it. 🙄 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

There’s still four days ‘til banner build. At the rate we’re making the headlines right now, god only knows what will feature on it. 🙄 

"May spills Milkshake on flag dreams"  ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dante said:

Now settle down WCW, I'm not having a go at the Cheer Squad this is just a general comment.

LOL. It’s as though you can see me. 😁

All good, Dante. You are expressing your opinion in a non-inflammatory way. Therefore, I won’t be ringing Hitmen R us. 

9 hours ago, Dante said:

I guess if you want to have a noisy Cheer squad, join the Tigers or Collingwood.

Our supporters don't hang over the fence and threaten the umpires or have brawls after or during the game, so I guess I'd rather have them than a bunch os supposed dedicated supporters that really only go for the Booze and a Brawl than to watch the football.

Our cheer squad is strictly family-friendly. No alcohol. No verbal abuse. No swearing even (probs my biggest challenge thus far 😁).  Occasionally someone lets loose with an F-bomb but that’s rare and the OGs will pull them up. 
Naturally, when I watch non-MFC matches I tend to check out their cheer squads. And there’s NO WAY the likes of Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond, among others have the same set of rules. You don’t need to be an expert lip-reader to know this. 
So if there is a correlation between noisy cheer squads and no ground rules, then there’s a problem since none of us are that feral. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

There’s still four days ‘til banner build. At the rate we’re making the headlines right now, god only knows what will feature on it. 🙄 

 "Demons to destroy Pies and their finals aspirations" A DEMON DEMOLITION

Undercard

May vs Melksham in the rematch of the century (half time entertainment) ... referee'd by the maitre d of Entrecote

That should ensure a bumper crowd!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully the banner acknowledges Neale and his achievements - both MFC and MND. It’s starting to look concerning as to whether he’ll be here next year IMHO (I sincerely hope I’m wrong).

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Hopefully the banner acknowledges Neale and his achievements - both MFC and MND. It’s starting to look concerning as to whether he’ll be here next year IMHO (I sincerely hope I’m wrong).

I’ve not seen the copy yet but I’m sure FightMND will be the feature. 🙂 Probs advertising for one of MFC’s partners on the reverse. Gotta pay dem bills. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, BoBo said:

*I’ve pasted this comment from another thread*
 

I think the low attendance part is not so much the issue in all of this. If we had the same attendance but we were LOUD then it wouldn’t be brought up as much. I sit in Dees members and I yell and carry on as well as one guy in front of me. I’ll be honest, I feel like I’m ‘carrying on’ because me and this other guy are the most vocal just in our little area. 
 

There’s just no voice! We’re meek. It isn’t the cheer squad, it’s us other Dees fans that are so quiet. 
 

*Suggestion* 

We need ‘supporter’ reps that G up the crowd. All this means is being vocal and joining in chants and such when the cheer squad does in different parts of the ground, even when it’s quiet 🤫 I’ll put my hand up first. 
 

I’d suggest we make a ‘reps shirt’ or something and get as many people on demonland to get them so we’re visible. A kind of uniform. It can be as simple as a scarf.

If everyone on Demonland can commit to this then this seems like something that we on this site can do? It might become a thing? We need a cultural change as supporters, so we need as many of it on demonland to appear official and just make it happen.

People will get louder if others are already doing it. We need to make I semi-official so people don’t feel self-conscious as that’s what I feel like the culture is.

If people think this will work I’ll make a dedicated post and try and get some kind of ‘rep’ uniform made by polling or something.

 

That’s the best I’ve got. There doesn’t need to be heaps of us, we just need to be loud.

 

As much input would be appreciated as I don’t know if this is a crap idea or not. If lots of people buy into it, then let’s make it happen!

I know where you are coming from BoBo we used to have a couple of characters that used to sit to the right of us one was a mini cheer squad on his own but encouraged everyone around him to join in the fun, we had a ball in 2018 particularly once we got a sniff of what was happening. Prior to that there was an old guy who was covered in player badges and he never stopped yelling from start to finish and whenever the umps missed a free he would shout out “Break a Leg Umpire”. With the break caused by Covid there are a lot of people missing and we seemed to have lost that connection with the playing group, sad really!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    EYES ON RED & BLUE by Wilma from West Perth

    It was a great weekend for the Red and the Blue on this side of the Nullarbor.   On Saturday, West Perth bested Claremont by two goals after leading all day with the exception of a few early minutes to take out the WAFL Premiership and on Sunday, Melbourne scored a five goal win over Fremantle with a stunning four goals to zip in the final term.   Again, it was the red and the blue leading nearly all day to record their fifth win from six games.   The ou

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES by The Oracle

    Part One - ZERO HOUR, 9AM The AFL Trade Period begins in earnest at 9.00am amid the announcement of a bombshell by North Melbourne’s 2021 Number 1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis that he wants to leave the club and return to his home state to play for Port Adelaide.  The Herald Sun is reporting that “Horne-Francis will cite the instability at North Melbourne this year in his first season“ along with a likely continuation of chaos as a result of the uncertainty surrounding coach Alastair

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    BLUE VIBE AT IKON by Meggs

    It was such a nice vibe at Ikon on Friday night.     Princes Park looked in excellent condition, a relaxed but modest crowd and President Kate Roffey and CEO Gary Pert in attendance, greeting fans and shaking hands.     It was an evening with little to complain about for Dees supporters, save for some drizzling rain, a few missed scoring opportunities and the fact that the Dees as raging favourites duly took the four points.   Carlton was always going to struggle to cover

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BLUES AWAY by Meggs

    This Round 5 clash against the Blues at Princes Park (officially known as Ikon Park) is a great chance for the Dees to bounce back to the winning circle following our top-of-the-table loss to Brisbane last week.     Carlton will be missing several key players with the pundits calling 10 to nil.  Raging favouritism is never a comfortable thing for Melbourne supporters but we simply must deliver on Friday night.   History has seen these teams play four times since 2017 with the Dee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LIONS POUNCE by Meggs

    Early Sunday afternoon Meggs was coffeeing in Mornington and witnessing hail, thunder, lightning, rain, wind and feeling the freezing temperatures and knowing all these elements were heading towards Casey Fields.  Oh dear.  The Brisbane coach had said during the week that he wanted the game moved to Marvel because “if you're going to have two of the better teams in the comp playing, (it warrants) a venue and deck that suits the occasion”.  However, Casey Fields was uncharacteristi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RAINING PREMIERS by KC from Casey

    If the threatening dark grey skies that loomed above Ikon Park before the VFL Grand Final didn’t provide a sufficiently inhospitable reception for our visitors from sunny Queensland, the rains that bucketed down after quarter time certainly did. For years, the Casey Demons have welcomed opposing teams at their home fortress with rain, hail, wind and frosty conditions and it was just Southport’s luck that they met those conditions head on in the VFL’s big dance. They suited Casey’s skillful

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PRIDE OF VICTORIA by KC from Casey

    When Casey Demons coach Mark Corrigan talks about his charges putting their “best foot forward” on Sunday when they take on the Southport Sharks in the 2022 VFL Grand Final, it’s a signal that his team is on a mission not only for themselves but in  the name of their forebears, the Springvale Scorpions, and indeed for the pride and honour of the entire State of Victoria. The VFL club now known as the Casey Demons last won a premiership flag under the name of the Springvale Scorpions but tha

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NARRM AT HOME by Meggs

    For the fourth consecutive week, and the second week as the mighty Narrm, we take on a Top 8 team. Could this match be a preview of the Season 7 Grand Final?   Our opponents this week, Brisbane, stand undefeated atop the AFLW ladder after slaying the struggling Freo, and the unrated Giants and Gold Coast.  After amassing 225 points for and only 56 against, for a percentage of 401.8%, the pundits are claiming the Lions have the best attack the competition has ever seen.   Brisbane

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CHANGES 2022 by The Oracle

    Part 1: The year we stood still (or did we?).  Premiership coach David Parkin who  coincidentally turned 80 yesterday, famously used to say that even a premiership team needs to bring at least five new players into the fold in order to advance from year to year and therefore, if this adage remains true, then the Melbourne Football Club really did stand still in 2022.  Of the players recruited after the club’s premiership in September, 2021, only Luke Dunstan (5 games) managed to provid

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...