What They Are Saying at Arden Street

Lucifers Hero

13 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I liked that some posters were decent enough to defend Ben and enjoy his success. 

The rest I put into 'the haters will hate' category.

If any of their fans turn up this week it will be interesting to see if they boo (last year's North game was in Hobart so their die hards weren't there).

Here I was thinking that all of the above comments were made by either one of their two supporters.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ding said:

I would be happy to do just that if you could point me towards the "Edit" button... :P

Tap on the 'Edit' button at the bottom left of your post.

Edited by Lucifers Hero

17 hours ago, ding said:

I want Jake Bowey to go his whole career undefeated.

I want Jake Bowey to kick a lazy 3 or 4 goals from a Halfback Flank😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Tap on the 'Edit' button at the bottom left of your post.

Would if i could. Logged in and there is no "edit" button.

Capture.JPG

44 minutes ago, ding said:

Would if i could. Logged in and there is no "edit" button.

Capture.JPG

The 'edit' button 'expires' after x hours but not sure how many hours

Never fear, subsequent posts to yours would have expunged any bad vibes picked up by 'bad luck' Gods.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Allus Monk said:

This is actually a great proposition for sportsbet. I reckon it should pay BBB $2.40 v Norf $1.65.

Norf slight favourites just due to our likely spread of goalkickers.

Would take bbb at those odds in a heart beat… he only needs to kick 2 goals 🤣🤣

Edited by Sideshow Bob
  • Haha 4

I empathise with North and their supporters.  We've been in the exact same boat, just that our plan to get out of trouble has worked.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, deegirl said:

I empathise with North and their supporters.  We've been in the exact same boat, just that our plan to get out of trouble has worked.  

Agreed. I really feel fr them and see so much of the dees in 2012-13. 

yes our plan worked but the 10 attempts before didn’t. lol. When i look at the roos I can only see the place we were so recently in. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, deegirl said:

Likewise, they are my second team now if that makes sense. Used to be the Doggies for a while also but I went off them a few years back

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deegirl said:

I'll feel the same way... in another 33 years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I too have no interest in any other club Jaded, but really don’t care if it’s a smashing or a one point win, they both hurt em!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I have zero sympathy for other clubs. Nobody cared when we were suffering for decades. North used to smash us constantly and now it’s time to inflict the same pain on them. 

I agree with the psychopath. We need to crush them, bury them, salt the earth, plant a tree where they lie, let it grow and then cut it down in its prime.

Rinse and repeat.

What? It’s perfectly healthy.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, deegirl said:

3 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

Agreed. I really feel fr them and see so much of the dees in 2012-13. 

yes our plan worked but the 10 attempts before didn’t. lol. When i look at the roos I can only see the place we were so recently in. 

I don't recall any sympathy when we were at our lowest. Only scorn, contempt, slight regard, a desire for us to fold & go away, and anticipation of a percentage builder.

It's our time at the top and we should exploit it to the fullest. If North are in the road, they get flattened.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I don't recall any sympathy when we were at our lowest. Only scorn, contempt, slight regard, a desire for us to fold & go away, and anticipation of a percentage builder.

It's our time at the top and we should exploit it to the fullest. If North are in the road, they get flattened.

Remember it is one game at a time, one win at a time and one year at a time.

4 points is what I am after.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I get what you’re saying, I’ve got no sympathy for Essendon or WCE, and enjoyed Carlton being trash but for North, who are a small club with a small supporter base, I’ve got more empathy. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Flatten them yes… and happily so. I hope by over 100. But i can’t bring myself to scorn or deride the club in general. 

• Like 2

Based on the fact that we have not beaten them at the Docklands in around 10 starts suggests that we owe them time and again for the next decade.  I have a Kangas friend who jumps on when they are winning and off when they are losing - the worst sort of fan in my opinion.

I hope we put the ton on them but fear it will be closer than that.

No sympathy!

• Like 3

7 or 8 goal first quarter to us   Zip to them.  Then strangle them.  We kick one goal a quarter they can have two Untill last 10 minutes we clock in again kick 4

as long as we win and no injuries 

go Dees 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rpfc said:

I agree with the psychopath. We need to crush them, bury them, salt the earth, plant a tree where they lie, let it grow and then cut it down in its prime.

Rinse and repeat.

What? It’s perfectly healthy.

I too would happily burn them to ash then put those same ashes in a rocketship and fire it into the sun: their 5 supporters were among the most derisive of us when they beat us for a decade and a half, payback time 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Some rather ghoulish antipathy on this thread.  Its a far cry from their tone on bf re the game, excluding a few BB haters.

I'm happy to play nice with North fans; definitely not the worst, as long as we win by a big margin.  Dees by 8-10 goals.

Edited by Lucifers Hero