Welcome to Demonland Kynan Brown

dazzledavey36

On 16/11/2023 at 11:50, dazzledavey36 said:

Strange?

The club rates him purely as a rookie prospect.. not only that, he barely got enough nominations from opposition clubs to qualify for the state combine. That in itself would explain why he's rated as a rookie prospect. It's just Melbourne, bit other clubs also.

I'll happily back our gun recruiting team on this one.

I still think it’s a bit strange the Kynan was rated so low given that he’s performed so well and there could be a bit of egg on other club’s faces.

He has clean hands, great lateral movement, good vision, he’s quick enough, his disposal is acceptable, he has a great record of performance in underage competition, he’s stepped up whenever he’s gone up a level and most importantly he’s of very good character ( if we are to believe reports). Why he was only ever rated as a rookie chance I don’t know.

My suspicion is that he wasn’t rated in the top 40 or so and other clubs just let him go to us. Whatever the reason we’ve benefited from our good fortune as he’s certainly impressed, and not only in the match against Richmond but in all the preseason training where many, including me, have been impressed.

On exposed form this year he’s ahead of Langdon who was terrible against Richmond and looked totally disinterested. I reckon he’s right in the running for round zero.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I still think it’s a bit strange the Kynan was rated so low given that he’s performed so well and there could be a bit of egg on other club’s faces.

He has clean hands, great lateral movement, good vision, he’s quick enough, his disposal is acceptable, he has a great record of performance in underage competition, he’s stepped up whenever he’s gone up a level and most importantly he’s of very good character ( if we are to believe reports). Why he was only ever rated as a rookie chance I don’t know.

My suspicion is that he wasn’t rated in the top 40 or so and other clubs just let him go to us. Whatever the reason we’ve benefited from our good fortune as he’s certainly impressed, and not only in the match against Richmond but in all the preseason training where many, including me, have been impressed.

On exposed form this year he’s ahead of Langdon who was terrible against Richmond and looked totally disinterested. I reckon he’s right in the running for round zero.

I chatted with someone in the know at training a couple of weeks ago and indicated that as you suspect, opposing clubs normally let a father-son prospect slide through if they are not top-end talent, hence how we got him easily. This club contact really rated the way he plays and also commented on his character being first rate. No surprise being the son of Doggy. A lot to like about him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

I really hope that we don't gift games to Langdon and Hunter again this year. If the likes of Brown, Windsor and Woewodin outperform Langdon and Hunter during the pre season games, they absolutely should be selected for the Sydney game.

• Like 3

He must have something going for him given he was awarded VIC metro's best player in the carnival.

As for Langdon, I can't put my finger on it but he seems to have gone a bit down hill since 2021. What's the difference between 2021 Langdon and 2023 into 2024 Langdon?

He was just meh on Sunday. Not good, not bad. However he's certainly in my side for round zero. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

He must have something going for him given he was awarded VIC metro's best player in the carnival.

As for Langdon, I can't put my finger on it but he seems to have gone a bit down hill since 2021. What's the difference between 2021 Langdon and 2023 into 2024 Langdon?

He was just meh on Sunday. Not good, not bad. However he's certainly in my side for round zero. 

A mate and I were chatting about it Sunday at the game and he just seems to have lost something. I do question if he is working as hard back and forth as he did in 2021. But then maybe what they are asking of him has changed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

He cut his hair and, like Samson, lost his power. Same thing happened to Ben Brown. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Ed is definitely not the human dynamo that he was up until mid ‘22, he suffered a pretty nasty rib injury and hasn’t reached his previous heights since. It’s not that long ago when Ed was very highly rated on this site and around the club, he was discussed regularly in the Wingers club on the Gus & Gawny podcast and polled regular votes on the DLand best player award. I really hope for Langers and us that he can regain his A grade game. At 28 he should be at his peak??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As for Kynan Brown I remember during draft night wondering why we frittered away picks whilst not snapping the kid up given his performance in the Coates League and Metro MVP Award winner, only me but I thought it was a bit insulting. So glad that we picked him up as he really shone on Sunday against the Tiges. Feel he will play a lot of footy for us, well done Kynan “pup” Brown.!

• Like 2