Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

12 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Must admit, I haven't watched Jackson all year and was quite shocked he made the AA squad. What has he done this year to justify that?

Nothing really, it was a dumb choice. Rivers was more deserving.

• Like 6

It's a nice article, the Freo pitch sounds great in theory.

He's enjoying his time over there which is great but he can only have the great potential tag for so long.

I was very surprised he made the AA 44 squad. Thought he played a handful of really good games and quite a few honkers. 

We'll see if the hybrid experiment works out. 

There’s a bit of revisionism happening around Jackson this year. That he made the all Australian squad is frankly laughable. He played 5-6 good games.

He’s going to be a good player, but his form this year was nowhere near what they paid for him. It’s odd that it’s being portrayed that his value is already equal to his current output. 

I still think Freo will have trouble with him and Darcy. Let’s see what happens over the next few years, but they both play their best footy as the number one ruck. Luke looked a lot better with no Darcy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

There is much in this article that will rile D'landers. freak-of-nature-why-anything-is-possible-for-unique-fremantle-star-luke-jackson

The part that caught my eye was:  "...Jackson owns a Cavoodle named Bear..."

@Jaded No More  Did Jackson steal your pooch...your post from the 'Puppy' thread...

Bear also has his own Instagram… and he now follows your toy poodle

https://instagram.com/bears_fluffy_adventures?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

What's done is done, but found it odd he put a lot of emphasis in what they said he could become positionally, especially as that seems to echo what we said when we drafted him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFebes said:

Must admit, I haven't watched Jackson all year and was quite shocked he made the AA squad. What has he done this year to justify that?

Had a decent back-half of the season, and weirdly polled higher in the coaches votes than any other ruck in the comp. 

But on the AFL Reddit sub, his name certainly had the most question marks behind it. 

• Like 1

dog making the all oztrayan squad is classic wa centrism

just as nic nat made the squad, and even the team, for many years is that he had his 'boosters' on the selection panel

i still think he's going to be one of the best players in the competition over the next decade but i wish nothing but mediocrity upon him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Dannyz said:

It sure does.

This article makes it seem like Goody/coaches pigeonholed him and didn't have the belief that Longmuir did. He was made our primary ruck in the second half of a grand final over our captain and greatest ever ruckman (Sorry Jim). 

Take away the huge contract and all this bs about liking longmuir honestly .. he’s 22 getting pigeon hold and winning a flag, most players would take this .. stop the BS it was all about  the $$ 

The article just riled me. It confirms that he was going to Freo from halfway through the season on - and to my mind he really played like it. Gave us virtually nothing in that period. If he'd been upfront we could have put him at Casey and played someone who wanted to play.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

There’s a bit of revisionism happening around Jackson this year. That he made the all Australian squad is frankly laughable. He played 5-6 good games.

He’s going to be a good player, but his form this year was nowhere near what they paid for him. It’s odd that it’s being portrayed that his value is already equal to his current output. 

I still think Freo will have trouble with him and Darcy. Let’s see what happens over the next few years, but they both play their best footy as the number one ruck. Luke looked a lot better with no Darcy.

Yep. Interesting we get belted for getting Grundy to assist Max and yet they don't for getting LJ, who might cause Darcy to leave.

They pay a lot to get a bloke who forces their best ruck out and we pay little for an experiment that didn't work, but will get our trade payment back easily.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Take away the huge contract and all this bs about liking longmuir honestly .. he’s 22 getting pigeon hold and winning a flag, most players would take this .. stop the BS it was all about  the $$ 

I kind of take this whole hybrid 'free role' pitch thing as a bit of bunk. Almost like Luke's eyes lit up when he was told he can roam free like a good little horsy about to become a stallion that could ride for days and days and days.

It may turn out well for him and Freo but there's nothing wrong with playing a role and being part of a champion team. 'Pigeon holed' isn't really fair. 

Edited by layzie

2 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

The article just riled me. It confirms that he was going to Freo from halfway through the season on - and to my mind he really played like it. Gave us virtually nothing in that period. If he'd been upfront we could have put him at Casey and played someone who wanted to play.

That's exactly why he wasn't upfront. 

• Angry 1

11 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Jackson's eyes must be lit up that he gets to play finals again... oh wait

Well he can at least enjoy playing with the top 5 pick that will be joining his club this draft period (thanks Titus).

Edited by old55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Yeah, I didn't like how that was written.  He played all the roles Longmuir outlined for him when with us and tbh I've not seen much different in his time at Freo, except that he replaced Darcy for an extended time.

It plays down that he just wanted to go home.

Anyway he is gone.  We move on and with a bit of luck we will be this year's premiers and he won't be!!

Exactly, in the end he just wanted to be home. Longmuir could have said anything and he would have gone. Having said that, he is obviously very close to his family so he did what’s best for his wellbeing.
As long as we win 2 more flags before he wins one with freo, I’ll continue to wish him well 

5 hours ago, layzie said:

I kind of take this whole hybrid 'free role' pitch thing as a bit of bunk. Almost like Luke's eyes lit up when he was told he can roam free like a good little horsy about to become a stallion that could ride for days and days and days.

It may turn out well for him and Freo but there's nothing wrong with playing a role and being part of a champion team. 'Pigeon holed' isn't really fair. 

Pigeon holed was stated by him I believe.. it’s a bit annoying as the culture @ the Dees is playing your role eg Brayshaw has embraced his role like all the other players. Not sure what Jackson is on about as our club has many late draft picks who have been developed & premiership players. Just felt he’s taking a swipe at our club maybe I’m wrong, good luck watching the Dees play finals