Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

further disrupt it

Mmmm, I'm pondering a serious question Mr Redleg. Do you think the players and the FD would feel disrupted, if someone mid-season (like the NRL) said they're out of the club? I'm not sure I do...

I get that there is angst from supporters. I get the supporters 'need' the feeling that players want to bleed for 'their' jumper. I just think that attitude is stuck in a different time...and can't wait until supporters are cool with the modern AFL athlete who is just an employee of an organisation. 😎

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Mmmm, I'm pondering a serious question Mr Redleg. Do you think the players and the FD would feel disrupted, if someone mid-season (like the NRL) said they're out of the club? I'm not sure I do...

I get that there is angst from supporters. I get the supporters 'need' the feeling that players want to bleed for 'their' jumper. I just think that attitude is stuck in a different time...and can't wait until supporters are cool with the modern AFL athlete who is just an employee of an organisation. 😎

Would you see it as a smart move for a finals club to say at this point of the season, one of their young stars is leaving. 

I don’t. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Would you see it as a smart move for a finals club to say at this point of the season, one of their young stars is leaving. 

I don’t. 

It's only because our media are too immature to grasp the fact that players make decisions on their future long before the season ends. I'm sure Cerra was a case in point.

It would become a distraction to the club due to the constant AFL media barrage. In the NRL it's not an issue. Their media will speculate whether a player will re-sign or not, but once the player has decided, it's no longer a major story.

• Like 1

Herald Sun alleging that the dees do not want Lobb as part of any trade and that the dockers are likely to go hunting for draft picks. Lobb linked to bulldogs who could end up with a top 10 pick. Guess they're suggesting that freo may try and acquire pick 10 for lobb, although surely that trade would need freo sending picks back to bulldogs as well to balance. However, freo do not have a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year due to last years trade period. 

Paper states that if Jackson does request a trade to freo then Lloyd Meek 'appears certain' to become a demon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Vomit 1

23 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

We won’t ask for Brayshaw. I sometimes wonder if people think before they post.

Andrew isn’t going anywhere, Fremantle know that, we know that. 

Spoken to Gus or Andrew lately?

15 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I don’t. 

I think it's a generational thing - and I certainly have zero idea of how old you are.

0 hour contracts, constant employment uncertainty, existential concerns around climate,  existential concerns  around war, existential concerns around future living conditions. The generation that have just become adults (and coming into adulthood) feels far more connected and overtly valuing family and friends than work/employment.

That's the social soup, that 25yo's and under have been brought up in.

Very different to me for example who is early 40's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Spoken to Gus or Andrew lately?

Have you listened to Gus and Gawn lately? Gus flat out said that Andy has no interest in returning to Melbourne (city). And yet he didn't categorically rule out joining Freo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Engorged Onion said:

I think it's a generational thing - and I certainly have zero idea of how old you are.

0 hour contracts, constant employment uncertainty, existential concerns around climate,  existential concerns  around war, existential concerns around future living conditions. The generation that have just become adults (and coming into adulthood) feels far more connected and overtly valuing family and friends than work/employment.

That's the social soup, that 25yo's and under have been brought up in.

Very different to me for example who is early 40's.

I am an old fart, 70 and agree the generations do see things differently.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Herald Sun alleging that the dees do not want Lobb as part of any trade and that the dockers are likely to go hunting for draft picks. Lobb linked to bulldogs who could end up with a top 10 pick. Guess they're suggesting that freo may try and acquire pick 10 for lobb, although surely that trade would need freo sending picks back to bulldogs as well to balance. However, freo do not have a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year due to last years trade period. 

Paper states that if Jackson does request a trade to freo then Lloyd Meek 'appears certain' to become a demon.

I posted something similar earlier in this thread.  Logue has also been linked to WBD.  I suggested Lobb and Logue to them for their 2022 first, currently #9.  Freo add their 2022 or 2023 first round pick and a player.  I didn't suggest a player but Meek seems to be gaining favour.

Did you get the impression from the HS that they were hypothesising a trade of that such a trade is in the pipeline?

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

And if they do and this is what is being attempted to be done, neither side will want to announce it before their season is finished, so as not to further disrupt it.

Yeah, but that's no different to any trade or free agent move though.

3 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

At first I was gonna reply to Bring Back Powell's post but I get the feeling he may be try to suck a few people in .

No sucking people in mate. Only passing on what I heard on the radio.

Prior to the WC V Melbourne game in round 9, Gossage absolutely confirmed on SEN that Brayshaw dearly wants to live near his WA based grand parents and will be a key consideration in his decision.

Gossage also mentioned that Gus’s daughter (One of the Frawley daughters) would be most hesitant to move to WA which could help us.

People taking notice of what Tim Gossage says. A true hack journalist and a [censored] commentator

Hutchison often gives him a morning spot on SEN. It is truly nauseating. 
There have been no leaks. The Journo’s have no idea how this will play out as of now. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

No sucking people in mate. Only passing on what I heard on the radio.

Prior to the WC V Melbourne game in round 9, Gossage absolutely confirmed on SEN that Brayshaw dearly wants to live near his WA based grand parents and will be a key consideration in his decision.

Gossage also mentioned that Gus’s daughter (One of the Frawley daughters) would be most hesitant to move to WA which could help us.

Yeah and Gossage would know.

Effing nothing.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I posted something similar earlier in this thread.  Logue has also been linked to WBD.  I suggested Lobb and Logue to them for their 2022 first, currently #9.  Freo add their 2022 or 2023 first round pick and a player.  I didn't suggest a player but Meek seems to be gaining favour.

Did you get the impression from the HS that they were hypothesising a trade of that such a trade is in the pipeline?

Allowing for priority picks that's around picks 11 and 18 plus Meek

No thanks

Lobb's not worth pick 11. Pick 20 plus so as you and others say Freo would need to find an early to mid second round pick to get that deal done 

1 hour ago, Nascent said:

Lobb is not worth a top 10 pick 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Allowing for priority picks that's around picks 11 and 18 plus Meek

No thanks

Lobb's not worth pick 11. Pick 20 plus so as you and others say Freo would need to find an early to mid second round pick to get that deal done 

DJ, I agree but I said Lobb and Logue for WBD's first.

Lobb is interesting.  The Giants gave up Lobb and picks No.14, 43 and 47 to Fremantle while they received picks No.11 and 19.  It is said he is on about $700K having an excellent season.  WBD would have to pay him in that vicinity so a first round pick would need to be in the discussion.  Can't offer that money then propose a 2nd round pick.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

In reference to the bulldogs and freo part I got the impression that it was the writer spit balling ideas with the potential names and commodities known more than anything else.

Seemed to have more conviction on the Meek to Melbourne part if Jackson decided to go.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

DJ, I agree but I said Lobb and Logue for WBD's first.

Lobb is interesting.  The Giants gave up Lobb and picks No.14, 43 and 47 to Fremantle while they received picks No.11 and 19.  It is said he is on about $700K having an excellent season.  WBD would have to pay him in that vicinity so a first round pick would need to be in the discussion.  Can't offer that money then propose a 2nd round pick.

Of course you can. Lobb is 30 next year and has played 2 good seasons in his whole career.  He might be very late 1st rounder but a 2nd rounder gets it done 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Lobb is not worth a top 10 pick 

Not on his own no. But who knows how deals of contracted players will pan out. Freo have more leverage there.

As an example if freo win the flag it could be something like Bulldogs pick 10 and 28 for Lobb and 18. 

On draft points that puts Lobb worth pick 16. 

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 1

I would not have Lobb earlier than pick 30 - and that's being generous.

IMO he's closer to steak knives than the top 10.

Luke Jackson is a generational talent and proven grand final gun with 10+ years of footy ahead of him.

Lobb is a 29 year old who's having a good year amongst many ordinary ones. I realise people are not talking direct swap but FFS his value isn't anywhere near first round.

• Like 5