Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

12 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Not sure how much credibility he has now that he is pursuing the hot take media route after flopping as a coach.

The Sumich family are big potato growers in the west and Pete always had an affinity with the product

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, chook fowler said:

If there is any integrity in the system Gus will be an AA half back. This combined with his heroics in the GF make him indispensable. Hopefully he will retire as an all time great Demon. 

Talking to my daughter this arvo who's in Perth. She's sure she saw a Gus interview a couple of weeks ago with Gus stating he eventually would like to get to Freo to play with his brother. I've asked her to hunt the interview down and send it to me

3 minutes ago, Larry, Moe or Curly said:

Talking to my daughter this arvo who's in Perth. She's sure she saw a Gus interview a couple of weeks ago with Gus stating he eventually would like to get to Freo to play with his brother. I've asked her to hunt the interview down and send it to me

He's mentioned he would love to play with his brother, that was on the Gus & Gawny podcast, he made no mention then of it being at Freo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry, Moe or Curly said:

Hah, I'm in Perth and that would have been widely reported. 

The Sumich "news" would be a massive risk considering the players they need to resign to keep their well developing list together.  Also they already have 2 very handy rucks and Dogga is not a key forward.  So where does he fit into their team?  They had trouble getting Fyfe back in based on the current team structure.  And given the previous StuffIts i.e. Hogan and others, would they risk so much for a young player. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Larry, Moe or Curly said:

I doubt it, he wouldn't come out and say that and if he did  it would already be splashed over victorian media.

30 minutes ago, adonski said:

Should have taken Tom Green

TMAC streaming out of the centre square from the ruck contest and giving the handball to GREENY for the open goal and one fingered salute in the 3rd quarter of last years grand final. What a funny image.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

TMAC streaming out of the centre square from the ruck contest and giving the handball to GREENY for the open goal and one fingered salute in the 3rd quarter of last years grand final. What a funny image.

would've been weed playing the forward / ruck role without dogga there

52 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

You've got it all wrong, GREENY would be streaming out of the centre square giving the handball to CLARRY!

Freo could also offer the tutorage of the players most similar to how you’d play Jackson to unleash all his potential, in Nate Fyfe. 
Jackson goes to Freo to be Fyfes replacment in the middle. 
plus 10,000,000 AUS

Edited by PaulRB

Well done to out recruitment team for selecting a flight risk at pick 3 on the assumption he ends up going.

The most obvious strategy of a list manager and head of recruitment is to use a high end draft pick on a player that is based in his/her/they club’s state. It’s not rocket science and there was some mighty fine Victorian based players picked in the top 10 of the 2019 draft. Eg - Hayden Young who looks like he’ll be a generational talent.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4
  • Vomit 1

7 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

Serong and Young and next year’s first rounder...for starters

And we throw in our first rounder and Trent Rivers to somewhat balance the ledger that you’ve proposed.

Freo will not be giving up any of their high end talent for Jackson. Particularly with Peter Bell at the table.

It will more likely be Freo’s 2022 and 2023 first round draft picks for Jackson and Melbourne’s 2022 second round draft pick assuming both clubs still have their future draft picks.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Well done to out recruitment team for selecting a flight risk at pick 3 on the assumption he ends up going.

The most obvious strategy of a list manager and head of recruitment is to use a high end draft pick on a player that is based in his/her/they club’s state. It’s not rocket science and there was some mighty fine Victorian based players picked in the top 10 of the 2019 draft. Eg - Hayden Young who looks like he’ll be a generational talent.

Wtf…

Jackson IS the generational talent

He’s already a premiership player who changed the course of the grand final

• Like 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

And we throw in our first rounder and Trent Rivers to somewhat balance the ledger that you’ve proposed.

Freo will not be giving up any of their high end talent for Jackson. Particularly with Peter Bell at the table.

It will more likely be Freo’s 2022 and 2023 first round draft picks for Jackson and Melbourne’s 2022 second round draft pick assuming both clubs still have their future draft picks.

You actually Hate the MFC

I have read ENOUGH of your regurgitated garbage. 

Ignore Time 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I’ve tried looking at this from differing perspectives.

1. If the numbers or term are close to true, Jacko would be absolutely insane to turn that down. The average AFL career would only be 3-4 years, making it through another 7 years would be no guarantee. (See how Collingwood feel about their 7 year contract with Grundy right now?)

2. If the numbers or term are even close to true and he takes it, our return on investment would be big. There’s some serious capital coming our way in the form of players and picks to get that deal done. He was a high draft pick, he’s been a part of a flag, his potential is endless however he may not become any more than he currently is - a handy backup ruck.

3. If Peter Bell was such a [censored] and or so astute with the Hogan deal, I find it hard to believe he’s recklessly overseeing a 7 year contract

Interesting times for sure.

I said earlier that I am unsure whether Jacko ever becomes a permanent ruck or a permanent forward. If he was to leave, you could hardly blame him with that sort of deal in front of him. I also don’t think it’s a bad result for MFC. We’ve broken a very long premiership drought and even if we are ‘in the window’ for a few years to come, i don’t think Jacko staying or going will define our chance at more flags. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Your MFCSS is out of control at the moment BBP. 

We have an excellent recruitment team. JT is best in the business. We don't win a premiership without his genius selections

Dogga will most likely re-sign. But even if he doesn't he was still worth it imv. And we'll get plenty in return in any trade

• Like 4