Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

We would want more than just a number 2 pick - this is a 21 y o Rising Star, Premiership ruckman, who has been learning from the best  in the business. It would be pick 2 plus player.

33 minutes ago, Nascent said:

He's not a free agent so West Coast will have to trade for him.

In theory they can try and walk him through to the pre-season draft where Jackson can nominate contract terms but this rarely happens. If they finish 17th then they run the risk of North Melbourne claiming him who will definitely have the salary cap space to match.

For him to go through to the PSD and nominate contract terms, Jackson would have to be a willing participant and would essentially be giving the middle finger to the club that drafted him, also his mates, and delivered him a premiership (hopefully two). It won't happen.

If he wants to go home, we'll get a trade done. How favourable it is will remain to be seen. Their first round pick is non negotiable at the very least in my view.

I would also try and get a replacement tall. Could Darling help us up forward? Do they have any young talls we could get something out of?

We would need 2 first round picks. So pick 1/2 depending on where they finish, and another top inside the first round plus a player. So say pick 1+ pick 19 + Darling would probably get it done.

Whatever deal we strike will stink, because Jackson is a really damn good player who is only going to get better and better. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beetle said:

5 years on good money. But likely not what WC and Freo are offering. 

I had worked that part out!

But we must also be offering a very sweet deal. We all saw what he achieved last September 

13 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I would also try and get a replacement tall. Could Darling help us up forward? Do they have any young talls we could get something out of?

We would need 2 first round picks. So pick 1/2 depending on where they finish, and another top inside the first round plus a player. So say pick 1+ pick 19 + Darling would probably get it done.

Whatever deal we strike will stink, because Jackson is a really damn good player who is only going to get better and better. 

I was thinking this as well Darling probably isn't the personality we'd ideally love, but there is no doubt a fit Jack Darling is a step up from Brown or Weideman. 

If he came as steak knives in a deal that also included a really strong draft pick or picks, i think that's probably a reasonably good outcome for us. 

• Like 2

I personally feel like he’s going to re-sign up to free agency, there has been very little chatter about homesickness or being disgruntled at Melbourne. So by that token the carrot is in the coin not the enticement of coming home. 

Quite happy for Horne-Francis to take all the headlines of “want away young player”. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pates said:

I personally feel like he’s going to re-sign up to free agency, there has been very little chatter about homesickness or being disgruntled at Melbourne. So by that token the carrot is in the coin not the enticement of coming home. 

Quite happy for Horne-Francis to take all the headlines of “want away young player”. 

JHF is totally screwing himself and Norf with the way he's behaving IMO, neither S.A club is going to offer big money for a kid having on field tantrums in his first year, and Norf are just not going to get much trade wise, they're likely going to be forced to hold him to his contract and hope things improve. 

3 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

JHF is totally screwing himself and Norf with the way he's behaving IMO, neither S.A club is going to offer big money for a kid having on field tantrums in his first year, and Norf are just not going to get much trade wise, they're likely going to be forced to hold him to his contract and hope things improve. 

Remember $cully in his 2nd year

He wouldn’t go near the ball

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Melbourne's price is going to be high.  Does either WCE or Freo have the currency?  Does Freo have room in their salary cap?  All valid questions.

Freo have Lobb on very good money who from reports wants to get back to the east coast (Syd or Melb), so they would potentially have room if they back-ended his deal to absorb the Lobb money and wait out the end of Fyfe's deal. They also have Logue who's coming out of contract and could expect a reasonable deal for him (late 1st?). So Freo might have the currency and cap space, certainly of the 2 sides, I'd prefer to deal with Freo - West Coast have the better early pick but can't trade that (unless the AFL allows it) but they don't have much else. At least with Freo we could ask for a package of Logue, 1st round picks and Llyod Meek their back-up ruck (Lobb can go elsewhere - unless they pay a big part of his salary).

Although, I personally feel he'll re-sign until free agency or at least 2 more years. 

7 hours ago, Rednblueriseing said:

I can't see how any team would have the currency to get Jackson, a young Ruck /forward,  who has had such an impact at his age, normally you would have to wait 5 years plus to see signs of a big man even just making it at the level, look at Weed as a example... we are still waiting. Jackson is untouchable imo.

If Jackson tells the club he wants out it won't matter. We will just take the best offer we can get.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, manny100 said:

I think his manager would advise him he is to young and relatively inexperienced for the pressure of a big money contract at another club.

I am tipping he signs for another 2 years.

You don't know player managers do you?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You don't know player managers do you?

Managers they just want to milk the cow as much as possible, don't they get paid on the basis of the contracts they procure for their players?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Jackson tells the club he wants out it won't matter. We will just take the best offer we can get.

What if we don’t? He cannot walk into another club right ? Does he have to nominate for the draft? 

What’s stopping WC taking him with their 1st pick (if they finish last). 

12 hours ago, Dwight Schrute said:

12 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Remember $cully in his 2nd year

He wouldn’t go near the ball

Like Scully, I actually feel a bit for JHF. He’s 18 years old and being expected to carry the weight of a really struggling club, we have seen how that damages a player several times with our young draftees. I thought the way GWS approached Scully was disgusting, instead of using their cap to entice a known and experienced gun they went after low hanging fruit in a young kid who was at a lowly club. If I’m 19 and being offered that kind of a deal, particularly given the uncertain nature of professional sport, I would be taking the deal. Scully didn’t handle it well, neither did we. 

JHF is getting smashed by the AFL media for something he hasn’t done yet, he does come across as an arrogant little [censored] at times but as I said we’ve seen what carrying the weight of a footy club can do to people. 

8 hours ago, CYB said:

What if we don’t? He cannot walk into another club right ? Does he have to nominate for the draft? 

What’s stopping WC taking him with their 1st pick (if they finish last). 

If they finish last and we don't do a deal (if Jackson were to nominate them) they will walk him to the pre-season draft for nothing.

It won't come to that as we are and I think Eagles are honest brokers. 

Max out is a good way for him to find out what it would be like to carry a side both on the field, in the ruck and off field with fans and media.  He would be far more exposed to the latter in Perth than in a team where he is a potential champion among several recognised champions.  A big weight to carry.

I reckon he stays. 

17 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

If you had a choice between Darling and Jackson, what would you choose?  I can't see Melbourne accepting any of those options.

19 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

If you had a choice between Darling and Jackson, what would you choose?  I can't see Melbourne accepting any of those options.

How is that the option I am suggesting?

Of course we need to get 2 first round draft picks. I was just suggesting we try to get a sweeter, as we are already short on tall options on our list. At no point did I ever suggest we trade Jackson for Darling. Seriously, how did you draw that conclusion from what I wrote? 

52 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

If they finish last and we don't do a deal (if Jackson were to nominate them) they will walk him to the pre-season draft for nothing.

It won't come to that as we are and I think Eagles are honest brokers. 

Max out is a good way for him to find out what it would be like to carry a side both on the field, in the ruck and off field with fans and media.  He would be far more exposed to the latter in Perth than in a team where he is a potential champion among several recognised champions.  A big weight to carry.

I reckon he stays. 

The Eagles will have the upper hand so it wont be a good position to be in if they do finish last so hopefully Norf take the wooden spoon. The Dockers are not in a great position to deal with given they have very little trade currency and i suspect some salary cap challenges.

I know LJ has huge potential, but i cannot understand some of the suggestions for trade here. Right now, its a top 5 pick and an early 2nd rounder at best.

its about time we got on the front foot and started targetting some established talls as well. Who knows maybe we are.  McStay, Ben King, Darling (on the cheap), Georgiadies ... we cant afford to draft and develop a tall.

18 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

So pick 1/2 depending on where they finish, and another top inside the first round plus a player. So say pick 1+ pick 19 + Darling would probably get it done.

Except West Coast have to use a first round pick this year.  It's highly likely that they will split their early pick for two first round picks and we would only get one of them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CYB said:

its about time we got on the front foot and started targetting some established talls as well. Who knows maybe we are.  McStay, Ben King, Darling (on the cheap), Georgiadies ... we cant afford to draft and develop a tall.

If the club thinks Jackson is likely to go they would be out there canvassing these guys.  Then a Hogan/May situation is on the cards: 

This young boy from North is a very very good player and ball reader with advanced peripheral skills and temperament. I would love him at MFC.

• Like 1

I may be alone in thinking this but I feel like Jacko might be a bit of an inbetween guy for his whole career.

Not tall enough to be a permanent No.1 ruck and not damaging enough to be a permanent key forward.

He had a decent game on the weekend but has been down on late 2021 form so far in 2022

If it netted us a King brother, McStay etc, I'd be wishing him well in pursuing a move back West.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kallangurdemon said:

i agree with the general sentiment of the post save for the reference to McStay .Dogga is light years ahead of him .Bring back Jesse .

We had our chance to get Jessie back at the end of 2020.

We actually conducted a zoom interview and all, but we said thanks, but no thanks.