CHANGES: Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide

Hellofatime

11 minutes ago, Demons3031 said:

I wouldn't mind some fresh faces and some change to midfield to give it more spark and oomph. This isn't perfect but food for thought. 

Bowey May Lever

Hunt Petty Hibberd

Salem Vandenberg Langdon

Petracca McDonald Melksham

Spargo B Brown Fritsch

Gawn Brayshaw Oliver

Int Jordon Jackson Rivers Neal Bullen 

Emerg Jones 

In Bowey Vandenberg B Brown Melksham

Out Pickett Harmes Viney Sparrow

Emerg Jones 

This is exactly what we shouldn't do.

Bringing in Bowey and vandenBerg in the same week when neither has played seniors all year cannot, and won't, happen. It's disruptive in parts of the ground where we don't need to disrupt anything.

I'm not suggesting the four you've mentioned played well enough to avoid being in discussions for the outs, but they won't all go, nor should they.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Too little too late.

We all saw the problem up fwd against the dons.

Call it out fgs.

Poor coaching.

Poor coaching??? Nar Goodys got this covered FMD!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

BBB in.

Kozzie has a couple of young guys knocking on his door. Please, not Melk, please.

Bowey is better than Spargo and I reckon is better than Kossy at present! Lovely ball user keeps his feet , knows where to run and is Caleb Daniels like with tenacity! Unfortunately though he is playing down back at Casey!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

In: Brown (for his goal kicking accuracy and nothing else).
Out: Anyone who missed easy shots for goal and ruined all chances of gaining momentum. 

So Fritsch, Petracca etc? Okay mate. Rivers and McDonald both kicked rainmakers that didn't make the distance from about 35 out. Not exactly addressing the root cause.

• Like 2

I dont know if he's ready, but from all reports Bowey is a good decision maker and kick.  Id be keen to see him in for sparrow. 

We need some polish in the midfield delivering into 50 by foot.  Viney, trac, oliver and Harmes are all pretty much incapable of consistently kicking it to the advantage of the forward and in some cases anywhere near them. 

46 minutes ago, Wrecker46 said:

Bit harsh on the calls to drop Hunt. When the game was in the balance he was trying to lift us.

He got done holding the ball twice. One of them was a joke where he had no prior opportunity and the other he took 2 bounces but had no options because our forward line isn't functioning yet.

Completely agree. Hunt was trying to get things going. Having (BBB | Weid | someone) lead  towards him and he kicks earlier and we score

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SPC said:

No Viney, Harmes and Sparrow in the same team. Harmes stays, as does Sparrow.. Todd Jnr is a spud, poor disposal, poor decision making and when he has the ball, just tried for a stoppage.. we are not a stoppage team anymore.

Been saying it for ages, but time for Salem in the middle. Need Class to compliment Clarry. 

Hibbo out, Viney out

Brown and a small defender? 

Hibbo and Viney out? I guarantee you they would both be in every other teams starting 18. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Wrecker46 said:

Hibbo and Viney out? I guarantee you they would both be in every other teams starting 18. 

Key word here is ‘every’. Hibbo most likely. Viney absolutely not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

If they show form tonight, ins BBrown, Chandler, Joel Smith and Vandenberg. Out Sparrow, Pickett, Petty and Jordan. Brayshaw  into the midfield

If Joel Smith starts getting games you'll know our season is done.

FFS, there is no way at all we drop Petty for Joel Smith.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Given the short turn around, if BBB puts in a good first half then take him off and guarantee him a spot on Thursday night.

Put him on ice.

If we can play viney we can mske room for bbb.

Already missed too many.

14 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

If Joel Smith starts getting games you'll know our season is done.

FFS, there is no way at all we drop Petty for Joel Smith.

I think our season is almost done anyway. We’ll limp into finals and be shot out first week

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, bobby1554 said:

I think our season is almost done anyway. We’ll limp into finals and be shot out first week

Well good for you.

I don't.

We're 12-3. We may be in a form slump right now but if you want to give the season up, feel free. 

I sure as [censored] hope the players and coaches have more resilience than you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Going o be tough to get a kick out at Casey tonight let alone kick a goal.  If VB performs tonight he will likely be in. 

Our Forward line looked crowded and disorganised. Can Brown navigate around that? Sooner or later he will have to get a go.