GAMEDAY: Rd 13 v Collingwood

Josh

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Lived in Wang for a couple of years with my ex wife. Actually more so out at Markwood.

I feel sorry for you....

They're a strange breed out at Markwood. I' Ve met some of them. 

Lovely country ! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Well your good old Uncle Bitter is back after a spell of enforced rehab. ...... and a better man for it no doubt. I'm positively uplifted at the moment.

Very [censored] that the game is in Sydley - the Olympic city as I had big plans for the footy  (and after) today! 

As has been said elsewhere, the filth will come out hard right from the start. I expect they will stay in it until about halfway through the second and then our class should start to tell.

We've suffered some costly losses to the filth at times and now it's time to put the boots in and give Bucks an unhappy send off.

Dees to win by 38 points and sit happily atop the ladder going into the bye.

Good to have you back Uncle.

Lets smash the Pies and go 2 x games clear on top of the ladder for the first time since god knows when...

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

That’s with GREEN cordial. If Nascent is a cordial connoisseur like myself he’ll know that with RED cordial this ratio is all wrong. Unless you wanna be bouncing off the walls for three days. 
#WhoNeedsAmphetamines

very true.

Cordial conoisseurs.  I thought I was the last one on earth.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

1993, 1996, 1999, 2001-2019.

Some of the senior citizens around here may recall if some Queens birthday games actually occurred between the two sides prior to 1990.

The supposedly Queens-birthday game in 2000 when Farmer went nuts with 9 second half goals actually occurred on the Saturday afternoon of the q’Bday weekend of 2000.

My memory is that it was around for a long time before that, at least back to the 1950s. I recall going to the game in the 1970s, and at some point moved away from the QB date (no doubt mirroring our fortunes as a club), probably in the late 70s or 80s. Reviving it sporadically in the 1990s, as above, seems consistent with my memories.

• Like 2

Well we should win but I'm a tad worried with this being Buck's last game and suddenly the team want to send him out a winner. Funny enough if they tried to do that all season he wouldn't be in this situation. 

Glad Langdon is back and Max should be able to dominate the ruck. We should have a good win today. 

To all the lucky demons fans who get to go to the game barrack hard and have fun. 

• Like 3

Funnily enough the fact this is Buck’s last game makes me think our guys will take this match more seriously as they know the Pies will come out swinging. Maybe that works in our favor. We won’t be caught off guard like we did against Adelaide. To go into the bye 12-1 sets us up beautifully for a strong tilt at a top 2 finish and guaranteeing ourselves a run of MCG finals*

*pending that biatch Covid

• Like 5

My ladyfriend (also a Dees' supporter) is bringing round quiche to enjoy during the match. I'll be putting together a simple salad. No cheese platter though. Too fattening.

I bought tea cake for afternoon tea.

As for beverages, I have beer. But was more thinking of a light red, such as temporanillo or pinot noir. 

And, like other posters, I'm suffering from MFCSS. FFS Dees, get off to a good start!!! 

Edited by bingers
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, deesthisyear said:

I was at this game

Queens Birthday 1958(1).jpg

1958. Blimey we loved our footy back then. 

100, 000 at a home and away game. The population of Melbourne can't have been much more than 1 million surely. A 10th of them at the g

• Like 4

Pumping a club with an outgoing coach will add another layer of ruthlessness about the team. 

Exterminate. 

• Like 7

My tip?

We smash them by 50 plus points.

We will bring the full heat today and give some of their younguns a right fright.

And their two best mids, pendles (did you know he has a basketball background - so much time) and number 22 are slow as so will get caught all day.

Pies will surely look to attack like they did last week given its buck's last game.

If they do our pressure will cause them to turn it over all day. 

If they go slow we will press up and cause turnovers in our front half.

Gawn will have a field day and our three big 3 defenders will love the lack of pies height.

Smashing coming up.

• Love 6

I know that we are a much better team than the pies and we should smash them out of the park but this little voice keeps popping into my head and filling me with dread. Come on you mighty Demons please put my fears to rest, be the hunters, kick straight and show them all that we are the Best.

Go DEES….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Any idea what sort of cheque Gladys B  will be writing to us after the game?

Hopefully this is the last of the relocated games this year.

She's dipping into the state pork barrelling fund. Yankalilla Bowling Club will just have to wait a little longer for their upgrade. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Funnily enough the fact this is Buck’s last game makes me think our guys will take this match more seriously as they know the Pies will come out swinging. Maybe that works in our favor. We won’t be caught off guard like we did against Adelaide. To go into the bye 12-1 sets us up beautifully for a strong tilt at a top 2 finish and guaranteeing ourselves a run of MCG finals*

*pending that biatch Covid

Stand alone game on national TV.
The boys will take this seriously regardless.
They're enjoying making statements with the football world watching these days.
I know I'm enjoying watching them do it.