TEAMS: Rd 08 vs Sydney

Demonland

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

No Sam Reid or Heeney for the swans. They will struggle to kick enough goals 

?

2 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

I reckon Jones might be the sub quite often. He doesn’t really need week in week out football in the VFL and is an experienced head to steady things if we cop an injury.

This week may be the exception though, as it’s not the like Chandler or Sparrow are going to miss a VFL hit out if they are the sub.

One more hit-out with Casey for the two, several more stepping stones to an AFL career. It's OK.

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

No Sam Reid or Heeney for the swans. They will struggle to kick enough goals 

I hear this Franklin fella is an up and comer. They reckon he can kick a few. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

My god how is  Melksham still in..

If there is a one blight on this season it's Goodwin continuing to play his best mate week in week out.

Harmes in is a joke in itself.

Yeh, seven out of seven. Goodwin and the FD have no idea!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Baghdad Bob said:

Yeh, seven out of seven. Goodwin and the FD have no idea!

Did I say that did I?

Don't try and put words in my mouth. Chuck your glasses on and read what I actually wrote.

2 changes is enough. I thought Sparrow showed more than Harmes but the selection has been spot on all year. I've faith in the match committee's judgement. Reckon Jones was due a rest as well. Before the season started I would never have penciled him in for 7 straight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nairobi_Demon said:

Surprised and disappointed that Harmes is coming in ahead of Sparrow. All reports indicated that Sparrow performed much better in last week’s Casey match. 

Sparrow has not shown enough when playing seniors to be picked above Harmes. Harmes offer so much more as on baller / tagged / forward.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, praha said:

Melksham brings strong delivery inside 50 and should get better with more games. But he's on thin ice.

Harmes I suspect is being brought in as a defensive midfielder to roam wing and put pressure on their transition out of defense which is generally quite strong and could be damaging on the MCG where they normally play well (and destroyed Richmond doing just that). Suspect Harmes will play a Houli-esque role as a small cut-off. Looking forward to him grabbing a few intercept marks across half back and proving many here wrong.

I'm okay with these changes.

End of the day Melksham provides more scoreboard pressure than Jones so he has an opportunity to make a difference here. He certainly struggled last week but his delivery was good and he got hs going in the 3rd quarter.

Harmes does have a strong body and is practised at blocks and screens. These could be useful - but he is at his best when mobile and intercepting, so I hope he brings that game to the fore to help quell the Swans' carriers.

8 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

I reckon Jones might be the sub quite often. He doesn’t really need week in week out football in the VFL and is an experienced head to steady things if we cop an injury.

This week may be the exception though, as it’s not the like Chandler or Sparrow are going to miss a VFL hit out if they are the sub.

I agree if you see his game game time this year it hovers around 60-70%

2 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Sparrow has not shown enough when playing seniors to be picked above Harmes. Harmes offer so much more as on baller / tagged / forward.

It's about rewarding form. Great opportunity for Sparrow for more midfield minutes now that Viney is out.

Harmes was selfish and lazy against North.

Jones out and Melksham out is laughable. But hey I suppose Goodein has to get his mate to 200.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I hear this Franklin fella is an up and comer. They reckon he can kick a few. 

He will get less of the ball than expected as Franklin is not as mobile as he was and our backmen are tough and largely efficient. 

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

It's about rewarding form. Great opportunity for Sparrow for more midfield minutes now that Viney is out.

Harmes was selfish and lazy against North.

Harmes by all reports had a great pre-season and unfortunately got hurt.  I’m happy with Harmes in and he played a very good 2nd half for Casey 

Harmes is actually a replacement for Viney. I would still have Sparrow in ahead of him but I can understand why.  I would have had the weed in with melksham out but I am wasting my breath saying that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Buddy is the replacement to be fair

Buddy is a star and can still turn it on, but I question them bringing him in this week. Wreaks to me of subtle confidence, like as if they brought him in to get him going. I hope we give them a lesson on that inclusion alone. Especially given they have Pies next week at the SCG and Buddy is rarely 100% these days (and rarely travels interstate).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Goodwin continuing to play his best mate week in week out.

Really?  People are still getting sucked in by this old chestnut?  #Demonmyths.

As if the Match Selection Committee would say "Well we think Melksham isn't doing enough and he should be dropped for this match, but seeing as he's Goody's 'best mate' he gets another go".

Come on now.  Melbourne Football Club isn't run by a bunch of amateurs these days nor does the Coach have sole discretion on who is in or out of the team.

I'm not saying Melksham deserves to stay in but I defer to the MSC's superior wisdom and knowledge.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Two changes to their four, they will have a disrupted forward and back-line.

Our depth is looking good. Will they train, and play (VFL) Majak as a back?

Hope Petty does enough, should get a good run at it, at least 3, 4 games. I expect him to slide smoothly into a successful and well established system down back. Lever will set the orders, as he wouldn't want his 100th game spoilt, starve Franklin.

It will be a good midfield battle.

Jones as medical sub, 302.

Go Dees.

• Like 1

Surprised harmes got the nod ahead of number 32.

I wonder if they will run him as a hard tag on Kennedy, their best mid and even at his stage of his career arguably their most important player.

Shut him down and they will really struggle getting it out to their outside players. Which will really help to negate their strengths and desired game plan.

Not surprised melksham stays in. Laid 3 tackles last week and his pressure was better.

And is arguably our most damaging kick.

• Like 2