Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NON MFC: Rd 02 2021

Demonland

20 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Also Leon Cameron has been coach at GWS for 8 seasons!!! 

Wont last the season, even with his resigning this year.  Its only a 6 month payout for coaches now.  At the moment they look like us at our worst against the dockers!    No heart in the club, it ran on pure talent but no care for each other.  They lost a core of their talent and it shows.  a crap culture has been installed into the club and will take ages to fix, as they will continue to loss good players with efforts like this.

We also get Giants twice this year, so if their wheels come off, will be useful.

Of course, we still have to turn up, and the season has a long way to go.

Unless I'm mistaken, we also get Cats, Crows, Bulldogs and Hawks twice. Too early to say how that's going to pan out, but pretty obvious already that Bulldogs will be a mountain to get over, they could go all the way again this year.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, brendan said:

Giants will cop it in the media this week so next week will be a tough game 

30 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Was just going to say the same thing. They will get a roasting during the week and turn up to our game with a point to prove. 

The Melbourne media tend to leave them alone (are they even a story?) and they are up in Sydney anyway - out of sight, out of mind

And does the Sydney media get stuck into them?  It's a Rugby League stronghold up there and I'm not sure GWS 'sells' in the media up there anyway

I just see them as a commodity and a company store who are a means to an end and not much else.  They are definitely a 'feeder' team but I could care less

I suppose they are needed for commercial purposes but I see them as sapping tens of millions out of the system (and the footy media never talks about that either ... towing the line?)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Just looked at our run home.. horrendous to say the least

would be good if a few of those 7-12 teams were out of the running early.

GWS is one of them. Loss today and fingers crossed another loss next week would severely dent their chances.

Who are the others.... Hawks and Sydney come to mind. Freo perhaps along with Carlton

I think Sydney will be a top four team, they look excellent.

• Shocked 1

Cameron will probably read them the riot act though ... I can see that happening behind closed doors.  He has that right as the coach

Maybe a more than subtle message via his press conference tonight.  Embarrass them in public? 

He may feel that he has nothing to lose

GWS have been quite pathetic tonight

5 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

They were 16th last year. Would be astounding if they make the 8 let alone the 4

Such typical Melbourne mentality rather to look forward to a kill against a poor opposition, to think theyll be fired up as they are playing so poor. 

if anything this shows how good Freo are and that round one was a good win

we will beat the giants. The bottom has fallen out of the Ferrari 

• Like 2

GWS are a rabble.  Based on that performance, complacency is all that will beat us next week.  Stay focused Dees!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, trout said:

If I was a gambling person I would be loading up on GWS next week. Yet to win played poorly, kicked at goal poorly, Melbourne will be favourites and expected to win which means they are almost certainties. 

I know it'd be a very Melbourne game to lose, but GWS look like they're literally done for and it's rebuild time. Will be players half way out the door. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trout said:

If I was a gambling person I would be loading up on GWS next week. Yet to win played poorly, kicked at goal poorly, Melbourne will be favourites and expected to win which means they are almost certainties. 

Time for the club to put this mentality to bed once and for all

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Loving the impact Chris Scott is having on the tribunal outcomes...

"He was protecting himself"  =  3 weeks

"I've seen it and I'm OK with it"  =  2 weeks

In seriousness I think the AFL should look at charging Chris Scott/Geelong for bringing the game into disrepute for his comments re player reports.  His interaction with Lachie Neale and Brisbane players is also highly questionable. I reckon his attitude is (and has for some time) rubbing off on the players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

We also get Giants twice this year, so if their wheels come off, will be useful.

Of course, we still have to turn up, and the season has a long way to go.

Unless I'm mistaken, we also get Cats, Crows, Bulldogs and Hawks twice. Too early to say how that's going to pan out, but pretty obvious already that Bulldogs will be a mountain to get over, they could go all the way again this year.

Bulldogs will be excellent practice for when we meet them in the finals ?

2 hours ago, Damo said:

Thanks. Put $20 on at $1.98 then thought wow, thats very good! So as i looked it went to $1.85 for the win. Still chucked the other $20 on it. I think a few others took your advice.

I got em at $2.30

down $1.70 now!

1 hour ago, Darkhorse72 said:

Wont last the season, even with his resigning this year.  Its only a 6 month payout for coaches now.  At the moment they look like us at our worst against the dockers!    No heart in the club, it ran on pure talent but no care for each other.  They lost a core of their talent and it shows.  a crap culture has been installed into the club and will take ages to fix, as they will continue to loss good players with efforts like this.

If I was a died in the wool, long-standing, MFCSS man I’d say next week would allow GWs to regain confidence. We look better than that now and I expect to see us ducking smash that plastic club and that thug Greene in particular.

2 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Like with us, judgment should be reserved for at least the first four games for most sides (exceptions: Richmond, North Melbourne).

Case in point: Hawthorn started last year 3-1 with wins over Brisbane and Richmond. Finished in the bottom four at 5-12.

Sydney's looked good in the first two weeks but Brisbane didn't show up in Round 1 and Adelaide are still a bottom four side, made to look good by Geelong who also didn't turn up in Round 1.

That's not to say Sydney isn't a good side this year, it's just too early to say it.

9 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Just looked at our run home.. horrendous to say the least

would be good if a few of those 7-12 teams were out of the running early.

GWS is one of them. Loss today and fingers crossed another loss next week would severely dent their chances.

Who are the others.... Hawks and Sydney come to mind. Freo perhaps along with Carlton

You what?!

Mate.

It's Round 2.

• Like 1