NON MFC: Rd 01 2021

Demonland

27 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Haha McKay can't convert,  but yet Weideman missed a simple goal 25m dead in front against Adelaide to win us the game..

You say it's poor list management we delisted McDonald and now you're saying Weideman is better then McKay?? You really are a Doozy..

McKay is everything I wish Weideman was at. Weideman has done nothing since that Geelong game. That's nearly 3 years ago now.. 

McKay choked on a couple of occasions tonight. Or maybe you just see Melbourne players faults. 

I would much prefer to have O Mac on our list over Daw or M Brown. I reckon he has some talent up forward 

Weideman will come good. I really think he will be a quality forward for us 

42 minutes ago, DubDee said:

McKay choked on a couple of occasions tonight. Or maybe you just see Melbourne players faults. 

I would much prefer to have O Mac on our list over Daw or M Brown. I reckon he has some talent up forward 

McKay also copped a punch in the guts in the first quarter and another in the chops in the 3rd (I think it was the 3rd). These are the things that Richmond does that get them across the line. We don't deal with this behaviour well, until we do we can't win a flag.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FireInTheBennelly said:

McKay also copped a punch in the guts in the first quarter and another in the chops in the 3rd (I think it was the 3rd). These are the things that Richmond does that get them across the line. We don't deal with this behaviour well, until we do we can't win a flag.

Richmond are ripe for the plucking... beating up on a young and weak Carlton outfit, Big deal. They’re gonna go down this year, I just hope it’s us riding them into the wall. ?

Edited by PaulRB

8 hours ago, DubDee said:

WHen is that likely to happen DUB?

9 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Haha McKay can't convert,  but yet Weideman missed a simple goal 25m dead in front against Adelaide to win us the game..

You say it's poor list management we delisted McDonald and now you're saying Weideman is better then McKay?? You really are a Doozy..

McKay is everything I wish Weideman was at. Weideman has done nothing since that Geelong game. That's nearly 3 years ago now.. 

Could not agree more DD. Carlton are on the way up. I will be surprised if they don't make 8 or 9th this year.

45 minutes ago, Kent said:

WHen is that likely to happen DUB?

8 hours ago, FireInTheBennelly said:

The last bloke that did that for us was Tom Bugg and we hung him out to dry for the rest of his career and barely played a game.

Vince, Lewis and Bugg brought that physical edge to our side and have lacked it since those guys have left unfortunately. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Didn't even watch the game. Same opening game every year for the exact same result. 

If it was literally any two other teams I would have watched.

Well imo you missed a good game. The AFL are always going to start the season with two teams that have big supporter bases. Not sure why you have such a big problem with the 2 teams. 

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Well imo you missed a good game. The AFL are always going to start the season with two teams that have big supporter bases. Not sure why you have such a big problem with the 2 teams. 

There are other teams with big supporter bases too.  

Why should those two clubs have a monopoly on opening the season, its unfair and its no wonder Richmond have had success lately when they start every year with a free win over a rabble.

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

12 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Didn't even watch the game. Same opening game every year for the exact same result. 

If it was literally any two other teams I would have watched.

Same here.  Funniliy it didnt occur to me until watching the late news and saw the score.  I love AFL, but jeez give us a break on the opening fixture and do soemthing original.

Say, the 2 Grand finalists replaying, 

7 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Why should those two clubs have a monopoly on opening the season, its unfair and its no wonder Richmond have had success lately when they start every year with a free win over a rabble.

Carlton are not a rabble in 2021 and by taking no interest you will be surprised when we struggle to beat them . 

Yes it was round 1,  but it did seem that fitness and fatigue had a big hand in the way that game unfolded. longer quarters on top of less interchange. Players with elite endurance fitness are probably going to do well this season. 

Reading previous comments its been said that one of our strengths re stoppages is going to be reduced. I remember starting 2019 thinking  666 was going to help us, so Im not going to jump early on this.  Im just not convinced that the stoppages was one of our strengths anyway to be honest. As we've all noted 7000 times, being so predictable via inside players like Viney and Oliver  let other clubs feed off our inside work and then smash us on the outside....not once but  continually. So in one sense one of our biggest weaknesses may be  being reduced.  We may become harder to play against. 

So many questions! How will our game plan stand up in the new system? Is our fitness really superior with Burgo? If so will it deliver powerful results at the end of quarters?  Can all day runners like Tomlinson and Langdon take another step up in this situation? Can Hunt become a half back weapon? Can we Tmac hold down a key position again? Bring on 2021. cant wait! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

One who chisels; not relevant to football though. The mute button @DubDee, use the mute button!

There are two good things about 7's coverage of the game. It is free and and and well on reflection it is free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Elegt said:

Weideman is soft as [censored]. Often gets monstered by the opposition key back 

He does still get out bodied in the contest way too often.

1 hour ago, FarNorthernD said:

Anyone look at the standard of last nights game and think we may be in trouble?

I certainly did.

Both teams were playing the game at a speed we can't sustain, particularly if we intend on hitting targets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

On that Basis why do we have the Queens birthday Monday fixture against Collingwood?

Do you thing someone else should get a go at it?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Elegt said:

I noticed the importance of fast hands tonight, teams who handball the quickest will do well (bulldogs come to mind) 

Quick Hand ball to players in good position, not just quick handball to get rid of the ball

30 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Knee replacement. Hopefully your back on your feet soon

Stay away unless you have a bad problem. Friend of mine had one a couple of years ago and it has been a disaster, Yes I do know people who have had good ones.