Pickett2Jackson

Rivers May Lever

Salem Petty Hunt

Langdon Oliver Bowey 

Chandler. TMac. Petracca

Fritsch. Jackson  Pickett

Gawn Brayshaw Harmes

Jordan Melksham ANB Jones

Will be a tough game given the injuries we have but I still think we cn win it if the players heads are in the right place and they play to their strengths. The game on Monday against the Bulldogs should be a real wakeup call for the players. They needs to bring their game each and every week for 1005 of each quarter.

My line up:

FB : Bowey, May, Lever

HB: Rivers, Tomlinson, Salem

C: Langdon, Oliver, Baker

HF: Jones, TMac, Brayshaw

F: Fristch, Jackson, Spargo/Chandler 

Foll: Gawn, Petracca, Harmes

IC: ANB, Pickett, Jordan/Sparrow, Petty

Emg: Jetta, Chandler/Spargo, Jordan/Sparrow, AVB

Bowey to take Jetta's spot first up. Baker to get first crack at the vacant wing and Jones to play. Toss up between Chandler and Spargo and between Jordan and Sparrow for mine. Petty and ANB on the IC gives us plenty of flexibility to move players through defence, wing and forward. I think we will need a few different plans for the forward line to make sure we can kick the score needed to win.

As always, the game will be won in the midfield. Want to see them get first use of the ball at stoppages and to really bring the pressure to the opposition ball carriers. Oh yeah...and stick the tackles. Please stick the tackles. 

Will need big games from Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, May and Lever.

Dees by 4 goals. Fritsch, Petracca and Tmac as main goal scorers.

I'm really not feeling it this year.. Maybe its the lack of a over hyped Pre Season video package! Lel

But seriously.. I've got a bad feeling about Rd1.

1 hour ago, Doug Reemer said:

I'm really not feeling it this year.. Maybe its the lack of a over hyped Pre Season video package! Lel

But seriously.. I've got a bad feeling about Rd1.

Freo will be no pushover despite their recent injuries. 

A midfield boasting Fyfe, Mundy, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw, 2 superstars and 3 who had fantastic seasons last year and will improve. I reckon it’s a stronger midfield than ours.

The betting odds in this game are way off in my opinion. Our form at The G in 2019 was poor.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

Freo will be no pushover despite their recent injuries. 

A midfield boasting Fyfe, Mundy, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw, 2 superstars and 3 who had fantastic seasons last year and will improve. I reckon it’s a stronger midfield than ours.

The betting odds in this game are way off in my opinion. Our form at The G in 2019 was poor.

And lets not forget they beat us just a few games ago when we had finals to play for.

They are a better team than us and much better coached.   Fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After we picked up b.brown I was feeling very positive about this season but am now feeling we will struggle to make the 8.

Having Tomilison, Jones, Tmac and a couple of others in the next game by most reveals a lack of depth.

Cant help injuries and while we have a high ammount of injuries, great clubs have the depth to cover them. We are not there yet and relying on too few. A shout out to May And Lever who gave their all against the dogs. 

Hopefully we can get many back sooner but also be more ruthless at delist time.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2

My mates and I have a list that we call the Coach Killers. Unfortunately most of them will probably play the first round due injuries. OK, so we get some midfield grunt back but our forward line consists of a tall we tried to get rid of, a beanpole, a second season kid and a bunch of undersized B-graders.

Deep doo-doo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

My mates and I have a list that we call the Coach Killers. Unfortunately most of them will probably play the first round due injuries. OK, so we get some midfield grunt back but our forward line consists of a tall we tried to get rid of, a beanpole, a second season kid and a bunch of undersized B-graders.

Deep doo-doo

That's the best description of our forward line I have read HJ.

The MFCSS is really starting to take hold on this thread

Freo were pretty ordinary on the weekend and Walters is a huge out.

We'll win in front of the faithful at the G

Save the MFCSS for Rd 2 against the saints at Marvel

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Better days ahead said:

The MFCSS is really starting to take hold on this thread

Freo were pretty ordinary on the weekend and Walters is a huge out.

We'll win in front of the faithful at the G

Save the MFCSS for Rd 2 against the saints at Marvel

I remember similar things being said late year BDA and we know how that turned out.

38 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Do you think saying fact at the end of an opinion changes it into a fact? Statement.

Sorry Arti, that is a question. 

MOCK TEAMS: Who's in your club's best 22 for round one? (afl.com.au)

Wouldn't have Jordon in the team or Vanders for that matter. Thoughts?

My team with Melksham and Hibberd unavailable.

B: HUNT, MAY, LEVER

HB: SALEM, TOMLINSON, RIVERS

C: LANGDON, PETRACCA, BAKER

HF: NEAL-BULLEN, MCDONALD, PICKETT

F: FRITSCH, GAWN, CHANDLER

FOLL: JACKSON, OLIVER, BRAYSHAW

IC: JONES, HARMES, SPARGO, BOWEY

EMERG: PETTY, JORDON, JETTA, SPARROW

11 hours ago, Hell Bent said:

Our form at The G in 2019 was poor.

Our practice game at Marvel, wasn't much chop.

Hoping when we play badly under the roof, we play better at the G.

Perhaps, the windy and open spaces at Casey set us up for that scenario. 

Edited by kev martin

So much misery. If you can’t have hope at this time of year, what’s the point?

id much prefer. Low key build up to the hype of pre 2019. Back the boys in. I believe We can have a successful season

12 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

And lets not forget they beat us just a few games ago when we had finals to play for.

They are a better team than us and much better coached.   Fact.

We finished 3 places higher than Freo last year. Therefore we are a better team. Fact. 

• Like 2