Projected Best 22's 2021

4 hours ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Interesting, young team. But hard to imagine that five of our best 22 would be in their first or second season.  

Interesting team from Adonski but if we were to go young Petty aNd Lockhart  would  be in my defence.Bowey on wing 
Salem at HF instead of Hunt and Sparrow in lieu of Melksham. Tommo an emergency.

Yhis is more like a Finals team in Sept with Rosman replacing who? Harmes???

I think Hibberd and Harmes are vulnerable but look at the pace and ground skill It's light years away from where we are now and our ball movement and run surely would become elite with all these speedsters.

Think if a game plan that this team could produce!

• Like 1

Some very game selectors here putting our new recruits straight into the A team sight unseen.  At the very least, see how they go in a practice/pre-season game before labelling them as walk up starters in our best 22.

On another note......Why do people say "intel" when they mean "information"?  Sheer ignorance I am guessing as the words are not interchangeable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Interesting, young team. But hard to imagine that five of our best 22 would be in their first or second season.  

Is it? Rivers is a lock, Pickett is too given his position. Jackson is too talented not to play (and his output justified getting games last year). If Laurie & Bowey kick and compete as advertised it’s hard to think they won’t be upgrades on the AVB, ANB & Jones’ of the world.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, adonski said:

Is it? Rivers is a lock, Pickett is too given his position. Jackson is too talented not to play (and his output justified getting games last year). If Laurie & Bowey kick and compete as advertised it’s hard to think they won’t be upgrades on the AVB, ANB & Jones’ of the world.

Agree Rivers, Pickett and LJ based on last year look like locks and Bowey and Laurie appear to fill deficiencies. However its worth remembering that unlike last year it is intended to play standard length quarters for a standard length season. We should not underestimate the toll this will have on players in their first and second preseasons. 

I think Pickett will very much be competing for his spot by Laurie, Bowey as well as Viney, Jones, Hunt and ANB. There are other positions Laurie and Bowie may be looking at but if Hibberd among other HBF's comes out firing then FP must be up for grabs. I believe the footy club has to look at Kozzie Picket's stats and tell him the honeymoons over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ProperDee said:

Some very game selectors here putting our new recruits straight into the A team sight unseen.  At the very least, see how they go in a practice/pre-season game before labelling them as walk up starters in our best 22.

i mean look at what port did with duursma/butters/rozzee transformed their side and yeh theyve had their moments and been dropped on occasion but if a player has the skills why would u hold them back

8 hours ago, ProperDee said:

On another note......Why do people say "intel" when they mean "information"?  Sheer ignorance I am guessing as the words are not interchangeable.

yawn...?

• Like 1

Oldest 20

B Tomlinson May Lockhart

HB Hibberd M.Brown Salem

C Langdon Petracca Harmes

R Gawn Brayshaw Viney

HF AVB TMac ANB

F Melksham B.Brown Hunt

I Jones Jetta

versus

Youngest 21:

B Smith Petty Hore

HB Nietschke Lever Rivers

C Baker Oliver Rosman

R Jackson Sparrow Jordon

HF Fritsch Weid Spargo

F Pickett Bradtke Bedford

I Chandler Bowey Laurie

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pulp Fritschon said:

With what they bring I can easily see Bowey and Laurie being best 22 next year. Could be as early as round 1.

Neither played footy this year,   one of them could play Round 1 hard to see both in the side.

Maybe missing a year of junior footy wont affect them at all, who knows.

I cannot see Bowey or Laurie and Rosman as permanent fixtures in 2021  Skills and speed with raw talent. We are not starting from scratch and not rebuilding as the players are there. If they are good enough they will earn it . 

IMV our list is strong to do something special in the next two years and beyond we just have to get the mix right. 

I like our picks in the draft this year and last year as well  and IMV our future  certainly looks good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Turner said:

i mean look at what port did with duursma/butters/rozzee transformed their side and yeh theyve had their moments and been dropped on occasion but if a player has the skills why would u hold them back

yawn...?

No argument there BUT....they were selected after proving themselves during per season matches. Our blokes only turned up last week. 

As for the “yawn” that indicates you must be a tired boy. Toddle off to beddy byes now and if you’ve been a good lad, Santa might visit tonight. ???????

???

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

No argument there BUT....they were selected after proving themselves during per season matches. Our blokes only turned up last week. 

As for the “yawn” that indicates you must be a tired boy. Toddle off to beddy byes now and if you’ve been a good lad, Santa might visit tonight. ???????

???

? ? ? ?

would u like some chips with that salt?

30 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

As for the “yawn” that indicates you must be a tired boy. Toddle off to beddy byes now and if you’ve been a good lad, Santa might visit tonight.

18 minutes ago, Turner said:

would u like some chips with that salt

Tis the season of peace on earth and goodwill to all men

Have a happy xmas Gentlemen

• Love 1

The major factors for whether a kid can play early are whether they are physically and mentally prepared for the intensity and whether they can run.

Rosman looks more of a project so I don’t expect him to play but there’s no concern over his athleticism and hopefully his size protects him from the heat.

Bowey and Laurie are strong runners too. If you can run you can do a job. It’s a big ask of a coach to start a small light body in Bowey on a back flank but I think he’ll get his chance. They didn’t rush Rivers in so much so my guess is coaches are more conservative when it comes to defenders.

Laurie should certainly get chances if the likes of Spargo and Pickett are a guide from their first years. Is he going to be a better option than ANB who’s rock hard fit and a super worker? My guess is not straight in to round 1 but pretty early in to the year he’ll put good vfl from on the board. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nosoupforme said:

I cannot see Bowey or Laurie and Rosman as permanent fixtures in 2021  Skills and speed with raw talent. We are not starting from scratch and not rebuilding as the players are there. If they are good enough they will earn it . 

IMV our list is strong to do something special in the next two years and beyond we just have to get the mix right. 

I like our picks in the draft this year and last year as well  and IMV our future  certainly looks good.

I think Laurie won't play either they will go for experience.

B: HIBBERD, MAY, LEVER

HB: SALEM, TOMLINSON, RIVERS

C : LANGDON, PETRACCA, BAKER

HF: FRITSCH, JACKSON, MELKSHAM

F: PICKETT, B.BROWN, WEIDEMAN

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, VINEY

IC: BRAYSHAW, HARMES, HUNT, HORE

EMERG: VANDENBERG, SPARROW, NEAL-BULLEN, LOCKHART

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, Pulp Fritschon said:

With what they bring I can easily see Bowey and Laurie being best 22 next year. Could be as early as round 1.

I reckon a case can be made for Rosman as well, Tall, Well built, Speed and seems from highlights to be able to CLUNK marks!!

On 12/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, Pulp Fritschon said:

33 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I reckon a case can be made for Rosman as well, Tall, Well built, Speed and seems from highlights to be able to CLUNK marks!!

Very true but with many here considering sparrow, rivers, Jackson and Pickett best 22 as it is, we’d be going in way too young.