TMac on the Trade Table?

Lord Nev

Ned Guy also said "we've done our homework there and I don't think we'll go down that path"

That concerns me. Is it possible Tom did a medical with Collingwood and they saw something that made them concerned about Tom long-term......?

Edited by wheaters31

1 minute ago, IWAP said:
"I don't think we'll go down that path" - Ned Guy re: Tom McDonald (Collingwood list boss) #AFLTrade

I think that might be a pretty much the same response we will get from all clubs.  Tom has been poor for 2 seasons, someone might take him as a fire sale but certainly not a priority for any club

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wheaters31 said:

Ned Guy also said "we've done our homework there and I don't think we'll go down that path"

That concerns me. Is it possible Tom did a medical with Collingwood and they saw something that made them concerned about Tom long-term......?

If he stays with us I have no issue with T Mac lining up at CHF for us next year if his form warrants it and/or Weideman once again hasn't come on.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

2 minutes ago, wheaters31 said:

A real worry.   We have to offload him. 

5 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

If he stays with us I have no issue with T Mac lining up at CHF for us next year if his form warrants it and/or Weideman once again hasn't come on.

He could of course line up at CHB and form a pretty impressive spine

May-McDonald-Viney-Brown (SSB)-Weideman

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

weideman "once again"? weideman had a decent season and kicked enough goals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

He could of course line up at CHB and form a pretty impressive spine

May-McDonald-Viney-Brown (SSB)-Weideman

but mcdonald was a crap defender when he was at his peak! did you not watch him play?  a terrible decision maker with no composure. Fast forward 5 years and now he is twice as slow!

• Haha 1

Just now, DurriePirate said:

There must still be a foot/hip/back issue with Tmac, i guess he is the leagues new top paid VFL player.

He can dominate at Casey for the rest of his contract.

He could also work really hard with Burgess over Summer and get himself sorted. 
Motivation may have been lacking...

• Like 5

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Cant argue with your point but in true MFCSS style i was feeling glass half empty about it.

Could this be why Mahoney has come out with the "relatively quiet" trade period talk? Maybe we've understood that its unlikely we'll be able to offload him to another club and any salary we could have used for another quality player or two just isnt there anymore. If it's the case then the only way I could realistically see him playing again is down back. Doesnt have a future down forward with 3 others already ahead of him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DurriePirate said:

Cant argue with your point but in true MFCSS style i was feeling glass half empty about it.

I don’t think there is a choice. We are not the only Club wanting to Salary dump

I think TMac has to stay and earn his spot 

Will be interesting to see what happens 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I don’t think there is a choice. We are not the only Club wanting to Salary dump

I think TMac has to stay and earn his spot 

Will be interesting to see what happens 

Agree, if he stays at MFC forget a different role he is in a battle with Weiderman/Brown/Brown/Jackson for a KPF slot each week.  I do think though if Tom stays M Brown will be gone.  We want that, for to long we have handed players who are in poor form games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DurriePirate said:

There must still be a foot/hip/back issue with Tmac, i guess he is the leagues new top paid VFL player.

He can dominate at Casey for the rest of his contract.

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Has had major ankle issues. Played in pain all year this year.

Reckon it's a bit harsh to say motivation is lacking given that.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

Has had major ankle issues. Played in pain all year this year.

Reckon it's a bit harsh to say motivation is lacking given that.

Only going on what i have been told. 
Burgess is going to earn his coin this Summer 

• Like 1

T Mac may have to accpet a salary cut if he wants to stay in the game.

There are limited opportunities for him at Melbourne if we get Ben Brown.

If he dropped to $450k of which we paid $200k he might get a buyer. He can then back himself to improve and get another few years at his new club. If it doesn't happen this year it's sure to happen in 2021 or he's out of the game.

Of course there's no guarantee another club would take him at the bargain price of $250k which shows how low his stocks have become.

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Only going on what i have been told. 
Burgess is going to earn his coin this Summer 

Same mate. To me, history says TMac is not a bloke that is afraid of hard work.

His form drop has been massive, you can either believe that's due to injury or due to lack of motivation. I know which side I sit on.

Burgess would want to earn his very very considerable coin this year given how much of the soft cap it takes up.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Same mate. To me, history says TMac is not a bloke that is afraid of hard work.

His form drop has been massive, you can either believe that's due to injury or due to lack of motivation. I know which side I sit on.

Burgess would want to earn his very very considerable coin this year given how much of the soft cap it takes up.

Watching his Instagram Feed he has been training already. 
So i will make my judgement early in the New Year

I would love to see him succeed 

• Like 2