POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Brisbane

Demonland

3-4, so 10 games to come. Will probably need to finish 9-8 at worst to make finals, so we need to find at least 6 more wins.

It won't be easy but it's certainly doable.

Our draw has Adelaide, North Melbourne, Sydney, Fremantle, Essendon, GWS, the Dogs, St Kilda, Port, Collingwood.

The first four are the bottom four. Essendon struggles to beat anyone outside of the bottom four. GWS, St Kilda and the Dogs are all hot/cold. Port and Collingwood are better than us but are both capable of poor football (see this weekend as an example).

There are no un-winnable games left in our fixture so let's shelve the "our season's over" talk for now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We aren’t far off the mark but if you miss 6 set shots from 30 to 40m and within the 30 degree arc each side of the goal was it? Just not going to win games with that lack of accuracy. The same inaccuracies cost us 3 or 4 games last year, one of them was against Brisbane by the way, how do we fix this? It is so frustrating, key forwards should be able to kick straight. 

• Like 6

Their tackling was top notch. Every time we moved the ball in a chain of handpasses, they had 2-3 players on the receiver so many times, particularly in the first half. Their coach knows how to defend.....wonder where he got that from?

They missed a heap of shots at goal too.

I love how we fought our way back into the game, Viney just willed us forward with 7 possessions in the first 7 minutes of the last quarter.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 7

Must bring in TMac to straighten us . There are sides that play 3 tall forwards and are doing quite well, we can at least  have 2 ourselves there. TMac has to play this week. We need his streghth and experience.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Hogan2014 said:

The what if hey .. how about they get there field kicking right & stop turning over the ball with zero pressure , how about they stop missing easy goals.. very tough wAtching the same old what if decade after decade! 

Absolutely, you gotta beat the team and the game sometimes.

26 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Lol. I spent the whole day waiting for footy and got too drunk and fell asleep just before first bounce only to wake up with one minute left on the clock. Who wants to explain the game to me in one hundred words or less?

Melbourne

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

9 touches for the night. Has been awful all season. Missed a 3 metre handball at one stage. Lacks urgency and fumbles constantly. Surely we can bring someone else in who will have a red hot go...because he isn’t at the moment, he is just coasting along

Those terrible concussions hes had must take their toll. A few would have given it away and too his credit hes fought back really hard. However it seems hes half the player he was a few years back and its a terrible thing really. Heres hoping he can really get back.

In Q2 and Q3 we were bashed up around the ball. Much better structure and system. They had a loose behind most boundary throw ins, and we didn't move to counter that. I think we have the personnel, but at that level, talent is necessary but not sufficient. I still don't think we are well coached, and if we're not careful, we will waste a very talented team.

I never complain about the umpiring, but FMD.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Surprised no one has brought up the Kozzy ‘dangerous tackle’ decision. Absolute garbage. Viney has been tackled tht way all night. Pathetic. 

the Hannan kick, regardless of the stupidity of Fritsch that followed, was shocking too. Deep to a pocket. Even if Fritsch marks, what Is the chance he kicks it? A long central kick would have been better. There are those that will say, but at least it would have been a throw in..so what..the game was there to be won, you need to ask questions of the opposition in those final minutes if you wanna win games. 

Text book tackle, got pinged for one in the third into Gardner's bread basket, its mind boggling. 

like i've said in my previous post they have absolutely no feel for the game, they are confused because they have so many people kissing in their ears without one clear voice.

All theory and no practical learnings, don't worry though the text books and video will make them better decision makers. 

Where will they hide tomorrow the Steve Hocking's of the world? who is going to come out and explain the bull [censored] abhorrent decisions that transpired tonight? Razor Ray?FMD.

I'm expecting Dee fans to blow up on SEN tomorrow morning.

Edited by Win4theAges

30 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Surprised no one has brought up the Kozzy ‘dangerous tackle’ decision. Absolute garbage. Viney has been tackled tht way all night. Pathetic. 

the Hannan kick, regardless of the stupidity of Fritsch that followed, was shocking too. Deep to a pocket. Even if Fritsch marks, what Is the chance he kicks it? A long central kick would have been better. There are those that will say, but at least it would have been a throw in..so what..the game was there to be won, you need to ask questions of the opposition in those final minutes if you wanna win games. 

The two frees against Kozzie were ludicrous, the first one in particular was a genuinely great tackle.

[censored] nuffies

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, 3Dee said:

Moments that stick out

Melksham possibly taking a two grabber 30m out, if it hit the deck what the [censored] was he suppose to do. Instantly tackled , umpire calls HTB.

All of those but especially this

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Terrible score review v

@Melbournefc

with couple minutes left. The call to stop play to review mark robbed them of open players & allowed Lions to set up defensively. Momentum halted. Surely wasn't necessary. #AFLDeesLions

Well I feel for everyone who has been emotionally attached to every game this year, this was the first game I have and I now feel horrible and sadly it’s an all to familiar feeling.

We lost that, the umpiring particularly in the first half was terrible but we still should have won.

So many dumb mistakes, so many familiar dumb mistakes. It’s just so infuriating. I am not really a fan of Goodwins but I feel a little bit for him, it must be so hard coaching a group that are clearly so stupid. Others have made comments about it but seriously how hard is it to get back of the mark.

Whoever has been working on Petracca’s set shots needs to spend a lot of time with Weiderman. And as for Fritch I would drop him for that fifty.

• Like 1

According to commentators Brisbane are just wonderful!

Demons make a few minor improvements and we'll be better! A disappointing final result, but the Demons still have significant upside as half the team were poor tonight, so don’t write us off yet!

This one stings, the proof is that we can match it with the best teams in the competition. The frustration is that when the time comes we seem to be our own worst enemies. I like what Weid is bringing to the team but if he is going to be our long term FF prospect he can’t be spraying 20m slight angle kicks out on the full. It’s a gut punch to the entire team that works hard to get him in that position. 

We could (should) be sitting here saying his 3 goals won us the game instead we sit here saying his misses may have cost us the game (he wasn’t on his own). 

What really concerns me is that in the two close games we were pushing for the winning goal we seem to completely lose our heads and do silly things. That final forward thrust should have resulted in a shot on goal instead it ended up with an out on the full and Fritta giving away a stupid 50m penalty. Inexcusable. 

There are positives to take from the game, Jackson’s continued good form being one of them, but I hope the players are absolutely filthy with themselves right now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, trout said:

Well I feel for everyone who has been emotionally attached to every game this year, this was the first game I have and I now feel horrible and sadly it’s an all to familiar feeling.

We lost that, the umpiring particularly in the first half was terrible but we still should have won.

So many dumb mistakes, so many familiar dumb mistakes. It’s just so infuriating. I am not really a fan of Goodwins but I feel a little bit for him, it must be so hard coaching a group that are clearly so stupid. Others have made comments about it but seriously how hard is it to get back of the mark.

Whoever has been working on Petracca’s set shots needs to spend a lot of time with Weiderman. And as for Fritch I would drop him for that fifty.

Weideman looked good early but his kicking let him down. Dal Santo mentioned he was leaning back on his kicks which kills you in the wet as the ball just slides off the side of your boot. He's been good since returning though, that first mark he took was a ripper. I have confidence in him and think he'll turn it around against Port in a few days.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Coq au vin said:

Oliver did not have a ripper game. Watch it again my friend. His disposal was atrocious in the first half.

He had a couple of shockers, but he had 28 disposals at 75%DE (the 5th highest on the field for players above 10 disposals), which means 21 effective disposals and only 4 clangers (not many given those disposal numbers). He also laid 10 tackles (highest on ground).

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Gunna’s said:

ponder this ? 
Both the kick for a mark and the distance a player can run before bouncing is about 15m. 

I see this in every game, every week.

Kick a miniscule distance = mark. Run that same distance = no problem.

The umps either don't train for this, or are told not to worry about it.

Either way it's B*LLSH!T

• Thanks 1