Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


Training Ground?


Romey

Recommended Posts

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1477323/melbourne-commences-caulfield-feasibility-study

Hooray!!! Good to see something happening.....finally!

Didn't former Melbourne President and legendary player Stuart Spencer talk about the possibility of Caulfield Racecourse in 1990?! It's only taken 33 years!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what this feasibility study entails and how much a Demons Home Base will actually cost?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

I’m a total nuff on this kind of thing. But what exactly does an announcement about the go ahead for a feasibility study mean in real terms? explain it like i’m 5.

Or, explain it in relational terms.  i’m dating someone new. …. where am I at in this relationship? 

 

It means the current board is trying to sway a few swing voters in the current board election. Probably garbage

  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

I’m a total nuff on this kind of thing. But what exactly does an announcement about the go ahead for a feasibility study mean in real terms? explain it like i’m 5.

Or, explain it in relational terms.  i’m dating someone new. …. where am I at in this relationship? 

 

You're in your 50's and have never been in a committed relationship but are desperate to meet someone and and build a life together. Every prospective partner in the past 20 years has turned you down after your high school sweetheart Amy Parks wanted a relationship but you were afraid to commit and she moved on with your nemesis. Your mum has now arranged for you to meet a girl through a family connection through lack of any other options but you have very little in common and have started to work out what you have to offer her and her family before you actually meet each other.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Clap 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank Christ the MCG pipedream has been put to bed.

Sounds like as long as we keep the Melbourne Racing Club sweet this should get done. 

From a selfish point of view Caulfield is a great option. I'm just 3 stops away on the train or 10 mins drive away.

Get it done Kate.

 

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, chookrat said:

You're in your 50's and have never been in a committed relationship but are desperate to meet someone and and build a life together. Every prospective partner in the past 20 years has turned you down after your high school sweetheart Amy Parks wanted a relationship but you were afraid to commit and she moved on with your nemesis. Your mum has now arranged for you to meet a girl through a family connection through lack of any other options but you have very little in common and have started to work out what you have to offer her and her family before you actually meet each other.

that dismal huh… 😞

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Dannyz said:

Exclusive from Mr Pert tonight that I told you all on on November 25. 

😂

Not to blow my own trumpet, but a few months before that, I said that Caulfield would happen, after a number of issues like length of lease/licence, community involvement and finance etc, were worked out.

But more importantly than who is breaking the news is of course the news itself.

Go Dees.

  • Like 8
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

I’m a total nuff on this kind of thing. But what exactly does an announcement about the go ahead for a feasibility study mean in real terms? explain it like i’m 5.

Or, explain it in relational terms.  i’m dating someone new. …. where am I at in this relationship? 

 

Both sides have seen a mutually beneficial opportunity, so now they study just what it entails.

Dees will say we need an oval, an office building, change rooms, a pool, a gym etc.

Caulfield say we’d love to have an oval in the infield if it doesn’t disrupt racing, we can sell or rent you land for your building for x amount of cost.

Both sides then present a case to the local council (and any government that will have them) on funding for the oval in exchange for allowing public access and community sport. Perhaps the same for the gym and pool. If the numbers line up for everyone involved we’ve got a deal.

The best case for Caulfield is they’ve already got or need a lot of things:

- hospitality and catering, we don’t need to spend on a cafe or members function space, we can use theirs.

- the oval - every local council needs more and they have a heap of space at Caulfield

- pool and gym - if we are willing to share they’re about to have 5,000 new residents who’ll need somewhere to swim and work out 

- medical facilities can be shared with the community similar to the Saints at Moorabbin 

There’s a lot of potential for something to work here.

 

Edited by DeeSpencer
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Both sides have seen a mutually beneficial opportunity, so now they study just what it entails.

Dees will say we need an oval, an office building, change rooms, a pool, a gym etc.

Caulfield say we’d love to have an oval in the infield if it doesn’t disrupt racing, we can sell or rent you land for your building for x amount of cost.

Both sides then present a case to the local council (and any government that will have them) on funding for the oval in exchange for allowing public access and community sport. Perhaps the same for the gym and pool. If the numbers line up for everyone involved we’ve got a deal.

The best case for Caulfield is they’ve already got or need a lot of things:

- hospitality and catering, we don’t need to spend on a cafe or members function space, we can use theirs.

- the oval - every local council needs more and they have a heap of space at Caulfield

- pool and gym - if we are willing to share they’re about to have 5,000 new residents who’ll need somewhere to swim and work out 

- medical facilities can be shared with the community similar to the Saints at Moorabbin 

There’s a lot of potential for something to work here.

 

Good run down thanks. As another bonus perhaps everyone who joins the gym has a Melbourne membership built in. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Both sides have seen a mutually beneficial opportunity, so now they study just what it entails.

Dees will say we need an oval, an office building, change rooms, a pool, a gym etc.

Caulfield say we’d love to have an oval in the infield if it doesn’t disrupt racing, we can sell or rent you land for your building for x amount of cost.

Both sides then present a case to the local council (and any government that will have them) on funding for the oval in exchange for allowing public access and community sport. Perhaps the same for the gym and pool. If the numbers line up for everyone involved we’ve got a deal.

The best case for Caulfield is they’ve already got or need a lot of things:

- hospitality and catering, we don’t need to spend on a cafe or members function space, we can use theirs.

- the oval - every local council needs more and they have a heap of space at Caulfield

- pool and gym - if we are willing to share they’re about to have 5,000 new residents who’ll need somewhere to swim and work out 

- medical facilities can be shared with the community similar to the Saints at Moorabbin 

There’s a lot of potential for something to work here.

 

Yep this is about right but I’d say the feasibility study is more about creating an independent business case for government funding.  Caulfield want $$ (lots, apparently) so they’ve both agreed that a feasibility study to ‘determine the benefits to the community’ is a great way to lobby the government for said $$. Smart.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Yep this is about right but I’d say the feasibility study is more about creating an independent business case for government funding.  Caulfield want $$ (lots, apparently) so they’ve both agreed that a feasibility study to ‘determine the benefits to the community’ is a great way to lobby the government for said $$. Smart.

Yeah the one thing I had really wrong was that we’re actually dealing with the Caulfield Rec Reserve Trust who oversee the site and the MRC are tenants. We’d obviously need a symbiotic relationship with the MRC too but really it’s dealing with a Trust who from what I can tell are short of cash and very keen to get development going.

And a local council that’s serious short on sporting facilities. 

Here’s their Dec 2023 strategic management plan.

https://www.crrt.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CRRT-Strategic-Management-Plan-December-2023.pdf
 

Go to page 14/15 to see the ‘recreation administration precinct’ that looks a lot like a code for Dees base!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Not to blow my own trumpet, but a few months before that, I said that Caulfield would happen, after a number of issues like length of lease/licence, community involvement and finance etc, were worked out.

But more importantly than who is breaking the news is of course the news itself.

Go Dees.

Congrats…yes, you told us so. Do you believe it is the best move possible for us?

it is reasonably close to CBD, we will still call MCG home .And most probably keep relationship with Casey.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Yeah the one thing I had really wrong was that we’re actually dealing with the Caulfield Rec Reserve Trust who oversee the site and the MRC are tenants. We’d obviously need a symbiotic relationship with the MRC too but really it’s dealing with a Trust who from what I can tell are short of cash and very keen to get development going.

And a local council that’s serious short on sporting facilities. 

Here’s their Dec 2023 strategic management plan.

https://www.crrt.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CRRT-Strategic-Management-Plan-December-2023.pdf
 

Go to page 14/15 to see the ‘recreation administration precinct’ that looks a lot like a code for Dees base!

 

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Yeah the one thing I had really wrong was that we’re actually dealing with the Caulfield Rec Reserve Trust who oversee the site and the MRC are tenants. We’d obviously need a symbiotic relationship with the MRC too but really it’s dealing with a Trust who from what I can tell are short of cash and very keen to get development going.

And a local council that’s serious short on sporting facilities. 

Here’s their Dec 2023 strategic management plan.

https://www.crrt.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CRRT-Strategic-Management-Plan-December-2023.pdf
 

Go to page 14/15 to see the ‘recreation administration precinct’ that looks a lot like a code for Dees base!

Thanks for insight.Very interesting indeed….seems like they may have been speaking for a period of time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love this opportunity and the fact the Dees board feel comfortable advertising the possibility would suggest they’ve already jumped quite a few hurdles to get to this point and are happy with the direction it’s heading. We’re not homeless so let’s get it right and we’ll be happy for 50+ years while other inner city clubs are now running out of space.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

 

Thanks for insight.Very interesting indeed….seems like they may have been speaking for a period of time.

This was from April.

https://amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/battle-over-caulfield-racecourse-access-as-trust-runs-out-of-money-20230413-p5d03m.html
 

Short version is: trust is broke, race course hasn’t cleaned up some of their junk, environmentalists sniffing around trying to save a dam that isn’t worth pissing in.

The new plan seems to cater for everyone without being as ambitious as what they first planned when the racecourse redevelopment was announced.

Trust wants some cash invested. Council wants ovals. We want facilities room. MRC probably want some goodwill and someone to order some coffees and sandwiches.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

This was from April.

https://amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/battle-over-caulfield-racecourse-access-as-trust-runs-out-of-money-20230413-p5d03m.html
 

Short version is: trust is broke, race course hasn’t cleaned up some of their junk, environmentalists sniffing around trying to save a dam that isn’t worth pissing in.

The new plan seems to cater for everyone without being as ambitious as what they first planned when the racecourse redevelopment was announced.

Trust wants some cash invested. Council wants ovals. We want facilities room. MRC probably want some goodwill and someone to order some coffees and sandwiches.

Cheers…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chookrat said:

You're in your 50's and have never been in a committed relationship but are desperate to meet someone and and build a life together. Every prospective partner in the past 20 years has turned you down after your high school sweetheart Amy Parks wanted a relationship but you were afraid to commit and she moved on with your nemesis. Your mum has now arranged for you to meet a girl through a family connection through lack of any other options but you have very little in common and have started to work out what you have to offer her and her family before you actually meet each other.

Are you telling me it's an arranged wedding

Bollywood.... here we come

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chookrat said:

You're in your 50's and have never been in a committed relationship but are desperate to meet someone and and build a life together. Every prospective partner in the past 20 years has turned you down after your high school sweetheart Amy Parks wanted a relationship but you were afraid to commit and she moved on with your nemesis. Your mum has now arranged for you to meet a girl through a family connection through lack of any other options but you have very little in common and have started to work out what you have to offer her and her family before you actually meet each other.

This is one of the wittiest and best written posts I've read on Demonland.  Thanks for making me laugh out loud!  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BDA said:

Thank Christ the MCG pipedream has been put to bed.

Sounds like as long as we keep the Melbourne Racing Club sweet this should get done. 

From a selfish point of view Caulfield is a great option. I'm just 3 stops away on the train or 10 mins drive away.

Get it done Kate.

 

I'm only one station away and could walk there.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jayceebee31 said:

Congrats…yes, you told us so. Do you believe it is the best move possible for us?

it is reasonably close to CBD, we will still call MCG home .And most probably keep relationship with Casey.

Personally I can’t see any better alternative and the possibilities there are enormous.

Exciting times ahead.

  • Like 3
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    OOZEE by The Oracle

    There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points.  The man whose first name was often misspelled, soon changed to the number 13 and it turned out lucky for him. He became a highly revered Demon with a record of 271 games during which his presence was acknowledged by the fans with the chant of “Oozee” wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

    They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise.  Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers. They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise. 36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages. Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes. Bowey in a lime green cap (no contact), and in the sim

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 224

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 55

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 505

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 06

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 06 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 06

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 22

  • Training  

    Friday, 19th April 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin headed down to Gosch's Paddock today to bring you his observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 19

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 16

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 16

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 1-2 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 3 Weeks
    Christian Salem Hamstring 3-4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 4-5 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 9-11 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Max Gawn 67
    2 Christian Petracca 55
    3 Steven May 35
    4 Jack Viney 28
    5 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Trent Rivers 16
    9 Judd McVee 15
    10 Kade Chandler 14

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...