Training Ground?

Romey

@Demonland, could the title of this thread be 'changed up' now, to something more optimistic and fulsome?

'MFC's Permanent Home'?

('Demon Fields'??)

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

On 08/05/2024 at 14:01, Go the Biff said:

Any danger that these clowns could fund something themselves  ?

As far as I'm concerned the only appropriate use of government funding for Geelong would be to build a decent bypass around so none of us need to enter the bloody joint. 

So going by your theory you would be against government funding for anything we do, I will also add this has been the fault of the football club for many many years because of their mindless belief that we should be at the MCG and knocked back different locations over the years.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

There were 913 deaths in organised sports, with 89% being male In Australia last year.

Should we ban all sport and breeding of all animals?

Humans have a choice, race horses don't.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fritta and Turner said:

Humans have a choice, race horses don't.

Remove gambling from horse and dog racing and the industry collapses overnight, with no viable reason to exist

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, demon3165 said:

So going by your theory you would be against government funding for anything we do, I will also add this has been the fault of the football club for many many years because of their mindless belief that we should be at the MCG and knocked back different locations over the years.  

What are you on about  ? What theory  ?

40 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Government giving money, you said it....

I have no problem with Government money being sought, but i am sick and tired of Jeeelong getting the majority of it, for whatever the want. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have no problem with Government money being sought, but i am sick and tired of Jeeelong getting the majority of it, for whatever the want. 

I call that good management unlike us years ago rode the coat tails of the MCC for to long.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

I call that good management unlike us years ago rode the coat tails of the MCC for to long.

I call it Pork Barreling of the Highest Order 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Is it more than 600 million now? 

We get next to peanuts...

• Angry 2

45 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Or more like political gain?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Government giving money, you said it....

If you'd read the thread properly you'd have comprehended that I was commenting specifically on Geelong & the disproportionate amount of government funding they've received. Now they are being gifted a new scoreboard. [censored].

No theories, conspiracy or otherwise, were advanced in my post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Just one point of correction - there is no such thing as Government money. It is taxpayers’ money.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

On 23/04/2024 at 19:49, Fat Tony said:

Surprisingly Caulfield and Cranbourne both have about the same average wind (14 km/h). Neither is that windy, but the openness really make both options not suitable/ideal for AFL programmes. 

You don’t think Dingley and The Hanger have some wind to contend with?

Are you forgetting all or most Under 18 recruits into AFL train on unprotected ovals throughout the Country before AFL. 

And don’t recall you complain about the wind at  Casey in 2021  after we won the flag, 

other negatives  about horses especially PK are ignorance not based in any facts or knowledge of the design of the facility, 

and the last mountain made from a molehill is querying the club on its need for 4 teams to have access to these facilities. The underrated nature of which some D/lers treat our AFLW and even VFL teams is a disgrace. To attract top players and to get modern facilities is totally necessary as professionalism is increased is a must not a choice. 

Our standards are not up for discussion in 2024 or 2034 either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, demon3165 said:

How many locations have the Club knocked back after serious consideration over the last 3/40 years please?

List locations and the year knocked back please . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Whenever I bring this up with a cats fan he always replies asking who paid for the MCG etc.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Whenever I bring this up with a cats fan he always replies asking who paid for the MCG etc.

You can reply with ,but of course, the MCG is not an oddly shaped ground, out of Melbourne, used exclusively by one club for training and playing games and has used the annual membership fees of thousands of people to provide most of the funding and is the venue of the GF and other finals allowing a bigger maximum attendance of patrons.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Government funding, MCG Trust, MCC and I think when the Southern stand was built even the AFL?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took my young son to Carlton's open training session at Princes Park last Sunday morning.

It was full of families with young kids.

These type of events are important in helping grow engagement with a club amongst children I say.

It is a further reason why a Caulfield facility is important so that MFC can organise similar events that aren't just in far flung Casey on the very fringe of S.E. metro Melbourne.

As an aside, I took my son to play in the playground next to Ikon Park after te open training session finished, was filled with kiddies from the Blues training session and from the local Auskick that had finished that morning. There were actually quite a few kids in Demons guernsey's, never knew that Carlton North/Brunswick was a bit of a Dees supporting hotbed 😊

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

12 hours ago, 58er said:

How many locations have the Club knocked back after serious consideration over the last 3/40 years please?

List locations and the year knocked back please . 

They had a chance at where the pies are now and were tooking at Prarhan if my memory serves me correct, they also looked a Jolimont houses for headquarters, Bill Guest was involved but it was knocked back.

• Like 1

I constantly wander onto this thread Inspite of the fact nothing has changed. My God I am incurable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3