WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - LUKE JACKSON

Lord Nev

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Let me throw a cat amongst the pigeons, hypothetically speaking.

What if our real target is Green, with Jackson as our next choice.

We let it be known that we want Jackson. GWS trade up to be able to get Green and another top 5 player, believing we will take Jackson. If GWS also rate Jackson above Green and we nominate Green they get one or the other but not the second player, if they match a Green bid. 

This could have given us the chance to get Green if he is our target.

Could this be the case, or am I just looking for intrigue?

It had crossed my mind.

• Like 1

I remember Martin at the MFC he was tried as a forward and was good some days and poor on other days, it was only when he played a ruckman that he did well, unfortunately Neeld wanted Jamar and shipped him off to Brisbane.

I still think Bradtke will become a ruckman of quality, he was a star basketballer and his signature was wanted by many teams, so why do we need a WA ruckman?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Let me throw a cat amongst the pigeons, hypothetically speaking.

What if our real target is Green, with Jackson as our next choice.

We let it be known that we want Jackson. GWS trade up to be able to get Green and another top 5 player, believing we will take Jackson. If GWS also rate Jackson above Green and we nominate Green they get one or the other but not the second player, if they match a Green bid. 

This could have given us the chance to get Green if he is our target.

Could this be the case, or am I just looking for intrigue?

another alternative, though unlikely, is that we are still undecided between green and jackson (and maybe even young) 

I reckon it's probably more from GWS side, where they are happy to have sold the farm for Jackson OR Green + someone else. If we bid, and they don't match, they have effectively used 12, 18 and next year's 1st on Jackson.

It's a either a huge risk they have taken (that we won't bid) or they really rate Jackson

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

It had crossed my mind.

Whatever happens on draft night,  there is no doubt the AFL have added a new layer of intrigue to the draft, with pick swapping and matching.

They have succeeded in keeping football front and centre of media sports coverage, not to mention launching fan sites into turbo charged overdrive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, durango said:

I remember Martin at the MFC he was tried as a forward and was good some days and poor on other days, it was only when he played a ruckman that he did well, unfortunately Neeld wanted Jamar and shipped him off to Brisbane.

I still think Bradtke will become a ruckman of quality, he was a star basketballer and his signature was wanted by many teams, so why do we need a WA ruckman?

Agree. We need pace in the midfield and elite ball skills. That’s Ash for pace and Young for delivery.  Jackson may look at “going home” after we develop him. Eagles and Dockers would be rabid if this kid was any good. And to keep him we’d be paying $$$$$$. He’s raw and needs lots of development for 2-3 years+. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, durango said:

Because Bradke and Preuss aren't exactly guaranteed to make it at AFL level.

Simple really.

17 minutes ago, Dr evil said:

In terms of pure talent Jackson is the most talented player in this draft with the highest ceiling. I think it's a very easy choice at pick 3. there are Hayden youngs every year. 

The most talented player in the draft???

Well go get him! BUT I think he is light years away from that!

You simply cannot waste a pick on someone who cannot kick

Our team is full of them!!!

Mystifying!!??

• Like 4

B: JETTA, MAY, LEVER

HB: SALEM, PETTY, HIBBERD

C : LANGDON, OLIVER, TOMLINSON

HF: BENNELL, JACKSON, PETRACCA

F: MELKSHAM, T.MCDONALD, FRITSCH

FOLL: GAWN, VINEY, BRAYSHAW

IC: HARMES, JONES, VANDENBERG, BROWN

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trout said:

Just been told we want Jackson, second hand info from within the club. 

The next Jesse Hogan!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

What?   Hes nothing like Hogan.

Key forward what else does he need to be?

Taylor has big wraps for Jackson. Mids are getting taller with The Bont at 192cm, Cripps at 195cm. Taylor says Jackson has played mid. Wonder whether they are thinking he could be a power inside mid or at least a massive body with talent you can throw into the inside mix as well as forward or ruck. Not saying he will be anywhere near as good as Cripps or Bont but he certainly is loaded with talent.

May well be why GWS are rock solid in their belief we will not bid for Green and why there is no way we will split pick 3.

6 minutes ago, manny100 said:

Taylor has big wraps for Jackson. Mids are getting taller with The Bont at 192cm, Cripps at 195cm. Taylor says Jackson has played mid. Wonder whether they are thinking he could be a power inside mid or at least a massive body with talent you can throw into the inside mix as well as forward or ruck. Not saying he will be anywhere near as good as Cripps or Bont but he certainly is loaded with talent.

May well be why GWS are rock solid in their belief we will not bid for Green and why there is no way we will split pick 3.

We don't need insde mids we need runners and forwards.

Jackson at 3 and Stephens at 10 sound good to me.

Edited by WERRIDEE