Jump to content

Pennant St Dee

Finals Week 1

Recommended Posts

I went tonight and at the ground it wasn’t that hard to differentiate the teams

It was a pretty ropey game; pies got the early break and that was it

terrible skills from both sides; meth coke will feast on cats next week and pies will lose de goey and probably Greenwood

Very hard to see either going all the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

I went tonight and at the ground it wasn’t that hard to differentiate the teams

It was a pretty ropey game; pies got the early break and that was it

terrible skills from both sides; meth coke will feast on cats next week and pies will lose de goey and probably Greenwood

Very hard to see either going all the way

Cats must apply pressure at the stoppages and stop the kicking game of the Eagles

Would love the AFL to move the game to Kardinia Park

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Geelong go out in straight sets, there'd have to be questions asked about Scott wouldn't there?

Bloke has overseen a string of finals chokes already. His tenure has been masked by walking into a side that coached itself to a flag in 2011.

I commend him for changing up their forwardline this year, but they rely on too few and many go missing when the blow torch is applied back the other way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh the moment you wake up in the morning and realise the filth are straight through to a prelim. 

Admittedly I didn't see the game but did the pies lose Degoey and greenwood before 1/2 time?  Seriously how could the cats not win and the pies didn't even kick a goal in the final term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

Ugh the moment you wake up in the morning and realise the filth are straight through to a prelim. 

Admittedly I didn't see the game but did the pies lose Degoey and greenwood before 1/2 time?  Seriously how could the cats not win and the pies didn't even kick a goal in the final term. 

The pie where Happy to defend in the last qtr they just went slow and sucked the game to death, if footy goes on like this year it will lose fans, has became a defensive game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pies unlike us have shown they can be decimated by injuries and still play good footy. They are a switched on “one for all and all for one” side and not one led by two headless chooks.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, america de cali said:

The pies unlike us have shown they can be decimated by injuries and still play good footy. They are a switched on side unlike ours led by two headless chooks.

That's being a bit hard on chooks perhaps.

Last night's game was boring. Turned the sound down and read the cricket rain updates in the Guardian for entertainment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Ablett stank

 And Hawkins goalless for the 3rd week in a row.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly Goodwin cant coach....

Oh wait wrong thread....

Still no news.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re back to a place where the only enjoyment we get is watching other teams lose.

Love them or hate them, the Pies have a strong belief about themselves and good luck to them. That Elliott smother/dive on Bews from memory in the dying minutes was pure determination and team first football. 

Most Geelong players looked like they had concrete boots on. Dangerfield carried them last night and he nearly pinched the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

We’re back to a place where the only enjoyment we get is watching other teams lose.

Love them or hate them, the Pies have a strong belief about themselves and good luck to them. That Elliott smother/dive on Bews from memory in the dying minutes was pure determination and team first football. 

Most Geelong players looked like they had concrete boots on. Dangerfield carried them last night and he nearly pinched the game. 

Yep. Not often a winning side doesn’t score anything in the last Quarter. 

Shows just how bad Jeelong were in the First Half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cliff is coming for the Cats. 

It all looks good at the early stages of the season when the old stagers are up and running.

They were the same last year in the finals against us. 

Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett and Taylor all ineffective.  Just too old come the end of the season. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

The cliff is coming for the Cats. 

It all looks good at the early stages of the season when the old stagers are up and running.

They were the same last year in the finals against us. 

Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett and Taylor all ineffective.  Just too old come the end of the season. 

Will be interesting to see how they play the Kelly trade. He's a good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, don't make me angry said:

The pie where Happy to defend in the last qtr they just went slow and sucked the game to death, if footy goes on like this year it will lose fans, has became a defensive game. 

Top notch coaching by Buckley last night.  Down to 2 in last 1/4 with 4 goal lead managed perfectly.

If only we had those types of thinkers inside Dees box.?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year the cats only managed 6 goals against us and last night could only manage 7. That is not going to be enough next week against the eagles. Hawkins kicks 4 behinds. Not good enough from your key forward. If he was playing against us that would have been 4 straight. Even if he kicked 1/2 they would have won. 

Anyway go bulldogs today and go brisbane tonight. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Last year the cats only managed 6 goals against us and last night could only manage 7. That is not going to be enough next week against the eagles. Hawkins kicks 4 behinds. Not good enough from your key forward. If he was playing against us that would have been 4 straight. Even if he kicked 1/2 they would have won. 

Anyway go bulldogs today and go brisbane tonight. 

Didn't think that goal review that went against the cats was so clear. Hopeless camera angle.

I would have thought it to be umpire's call at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, A F said:

If Geelong go out in straight sets, there'd have to be questions asked about Scott wouldn't there?

Bloke has overseen a string of finals chokes already. His tenure has been masked by walking into a side that coached itself to a flag in 2011.

I commend him for changing up their forwardline this year, but they rely on too few and many go missing when the blow torch is applied back the other way.

The most successful unsuccessful side getting around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

That's being a bit hard on chooks perhaps.

Last night's game was boring. Turned the sound down and read the cricket rain updates in the Guardian for entertainment

Agree,  it was pretty hard to get enthused by that match at all. 

Happy though,  very rarely do I want Collingwood to win.

But then I saw Eddie prancing around and felt ill. 

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

The most successful unsuccessful side getting around

Yep he won a premiership in his 1st year after inheriting a great team. He didn't create it. Questions would need to be asked if they go out in straight sets after finishing top. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty seats at a final in Sydney. 

Get this joke of a team out of the AFL. 

  • Like 1
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Empty seats at a final in Sydney. 

Get this joke of a team out of the AFL. 

very disappointing considering their phantom membership of 30,000

The stadium only holds 24,000 according to Wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire “Camera” side of the ground looks empty in the Grandstand. 

It is being shielded. Watch Closely

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...