Jamie Elliott

John Demonic

TBH, I am just glad we are targeting some RFA and UFAs. It seems to be an area that as a club we haven't exploited, and other than the cap space to get these players to the club, it costs very little else to secure these players.

A trade period that could potentially land Tomlinson, Langdon and Elliott does make the list stronger, but identifies the club still as a destination club, rather than one subjected to having our best players poached.

• Like 3

Brayshaw joins his bros in the west, we get a first rounder for him or a future first rounder. We then pass it on to the pies for Elliott.

We swap wines for viney and we will throw in his dad. Goodwin plus our 6th rounder is swapped for Adelaide ex- coach plus their 5th rounder. Freo get our 2nd rounder. We get Langdon. We exchange our 3rd rounder for Tomlinson . We pick up Anderson or Kemp with our pick 2. We let go Frost for the Hawks 2nd rounder .       Not keen on that solution however Frost'y down side he unable to play forward. May make him a one dim. player. I wouldn't mind B.Crouch for Viney. ( possibly over ambitious).

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, COOLX said:

Brayshaw joins his bros in the west, we get a first rounder for him or a future first rounder. We then pass it on to the pies for Elliott.

Firstly, that is a horrible deal.

Secondly, we don't have to give the Pies anything.  We can sign him for nothing.

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, COOLX said:

We swap wines for viney and we will throw in his dad. Goodwin plus our 6th rounder is swapped for Adelaide ex- coach plus their 5th rounder. Freo get our 2nd rounder. We get Langdon. We exchange our 3rd rounder for Tomlinson . We pick up Anderson or Kemp with our pick 2. We let go Frost for the Hawks 2nd rounder .       Not keen on that solution however Frost'y down side he unable to play forward. May make him a one dim. player. I wouldn't mind B.Crouch for Viney. ( possibly over ambitious).

Is that you deeeluded?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, COOLX said:

I've never laughed at something so much in my life. You must be a Troll. Must be a Troll. Because; by God if you aren't, you need some help my friend. Urgently.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, COOLX said:

school holidays early ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, COOLX said:

CoolX have you thought about a name change?  Something ending in 'aid' maybe?

kool aid hockey GIF

1 hour ago, COOLX said:

This is fantastic. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, COOLX said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I wish salaries were public like USA sports, it would give us an indication of the opportunity cost of signing Elliot. I think the Dees are a greay fit for him, and us. But I would not like to be paying him in 3 years time if it means not having the cash to extend and Oliver/Harmes/Fritta type player.

Edited by Adzman
  • Like 3

Rusty I have thought of changing my name to power aide ,  not sure if the name is suitable for a bi women.

Ashlee H10 , do you know what a troll is ............ nothing I said is vindictive towards anyone else.  

Our course we are not going to swap coaches with Adelaide and if it happens so what. For us get the right sort of players we may need to give up something and I hope we don't sell off our N0.2 pick. We could end up getting a Cripps or the Bont.  Have a nice day Rusty and Ashlee H10. 

1 hour ago, COOLX said:

Rusty I have thought of changing my name to power aide ,  not sure if the name is suitable for a bi women.

Ashlee H10 , do you know what a troll is ............ nothing I said is vindictive towards anyone else.  

Our course we are not going to swap coaches with Adelaide and if it happens so what. For us get the right sort of players we may need to give up something and I hope we don't sell off our N0.2 pick. We could end up getting a Cripps or the Bont.  Have a nice day Rusty and Ashlee H10. 

Wow ?

1 hour ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Regardless of the money, I get the feeling he'd have no interest in coming to us given the rabble we're in. 

Well I'll tell you why he might choose us.

If we are the rabble you think we are why did Burgess and Richardson come to us when they had plenty of alternatives?   Why would Langdon and Tomlinson even consider us (and appear very likely to join) given they appear to have a lot of alternatives?  Why haven't a raft of players requested trades if we are such a rabble?

I think it's because, like me, they don't think we are a rabble and they actually think we have a very bright future. Rather than slashing their wrists and going all hang dog about this season we've just had they may have asked themselves what happened for a club that finish in a PF in 2018 to fall to 17th in 2019.  And strangely it happened without us losing a meaningful player(s).  They probably thought that a good club one year, without any change of personnel on or off the field wouldn't have had the 2019 year they did without good reason.

And here are some reasons (which I've posted elsewhere) they may have considered:

These players were in discussions for our best 22 this season:-

B:     Jetta  May  Lever

HB:    Salem  OMac  Hibberd 

?  Harmes Oliver Fritsch

HF:    Petracca   Weid  ANB

F:    Melksham TMac Spargo

R:    Gawn   Brayshaw Viney 

I:    Kolo,  Jones, AVB,  J Smith

Others:  Hannan, Preuss, Lewis, Stretch, Frost, Hore

That's 28 players that I would have expected to form the basis of the team for the season.  You can take off and add some of your own but it won't change the arguments below.

These players had significantly interrupted Preseasons (17):  Jones, Harmes, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Viney Jetta, May, Lever, Hibberd, Melksham, TMac, Kolo, Hannan, Hore, OMac and  Stretch

These players had Injury ruined seasons after a good PS (3):  Weideman,  AVB, JSmith,

These players had a full PS and good run at the season (8): Salem, Fritsch, ANB, Spargo, Gawn, Preuss, Frost, Lewis

I'm working from memory so you can correct me on some of the details but the facts are compelling.  17 or our best 28 players had significantly interrupted PS's and three others had significantly disrupted seasons.  Of the 8 players who had a good go at it only Salem, Fritsch, Gawn and Frost were definite best 22 for me and some will add Lewis. That's 4 players and not one midfielder.

Now fitness aside, is it any wonder connection from backs to forwards through the midfield was awful.  Why?  Because they didn't practice over the PS.  Is it any wonder our skill level was awful.  Why? Because most of our best 22 didn't do a lot of ball work over the preseason and we had a whole lot of NQR players in the team, many who didn't practice over the preseason.

So Steve I'm guessing that anyone looking at joining our Club recognizes there are very good reasons for why we were awful this year and they expect us to rebound quickly.  I do and Richardson, Burgess and a couple of handy players clearly do.  They wouldn't join us if they thought we were a rabble.

Why wouldn't Elliott think the same?

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

If we are the rabble you think we are why did Burgess and Richardson come to us when they had plenty of alternatives?   Why would Langdon and Tomlinson even consider us (and appear very likely to join) given they appear to have a lot of alternatives?  Why haven't a raft of players requested trades if we are such a rabble?

I think it's because, like me, they don't think we are a rabble and they actually think we have a very bright future. Rather than slashing their wrists and going all hang dog about this season we've just had they may have asked themselves what happened for a club that finish in a PF in 2018 to fall to 17th in 2019.  And strangely it happened without us losing a meaningful player(s).  They probably thought that a good club one year, without any change of personnel on or off the field wouldn't have had the 2019 year they did without good reason.

And here are some reasons (which I've posted elsewhere) they may have considered:

?  Harmes Oliver Fritsch

That's 28 players that I would have expected to form the basis of the team for the season.  You can take off and add some of your own but it won't change the arguments below.

These players had significantly interrupted Preseasons (17):  Jones, Harmes, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Viney Jetta, May, Lever, Hibberd, Melksham, TMac, Kolo, Hannan, Hore, OMac and  Stretch

These players had Injury ruined seasons after a good PS (3):  Weideman,  AVB, JSmith,

These players had a full PS and good run at the season (8): Salem, Fritsch, ANB, Spargo, Gawn, Preuss, Frost, Lewis

I'm working from memory so you can correct me on some of the details but the facts are compelling.  17 or our best 28 players had significantly interrupted PS's and three others had significantly disrupted seasons.  Of the 8 players who had a good go at it only Salem, Fritsch, Gawn and Frost were definite best 22 for me and some will add Lewis. That's 4 players and not one midfielder.

Now fitness aside, is it any wonder connection from backs to forwards through the midfield was awful.  Why?  Because they didn't practice over the PS.  Is it any wonder our skill level was awful.  Why? Because most of our best 22 didn't do a lot of ball work over the preseason and we had a whole lot of NQR players in the team, many who didn't practice over the preseason.

So Steve I'm guessing that anyone looking at joining our Club recognizes there are very good reasons for why we were awful this year and they expect us to rebound quickly.  I do and Richardson, Burgess and a couple of handy players clearly do.  They wouldn't join us if they thought we were a rabble.

Good post BB. But you didn’t mention the lure of more $.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baghdad Bob said:

I was responding to "rabble", not Elliot joining.  FTR, I doubt he will.

?

I can’t see if happening either. And my MFCSS tells me if he were to come to us, he’d injure himself in the pre-season and retire mid-season. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

?  Harmes Oliver Fritsch

Great post, Bob.  Hits the nail on the head for me.

And as you've also added, I also don't really believe he will come to us as I think he simply loves playing for the Pies too much to come over.  Seems very loyal to them from what I can gather.

• Like 1