Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 14 vs Fremantle

Demonland

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I see the usual negative Nazi's have gone missing now that we had a win..

So close to naming them but I'll leave that be for now.

Still we un-sighted... should we worry..?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

Yes Tommy had a fair few possessions in the first 3 quarters but had stuffed up just about every possession and then at the start of the fourth he stuffed a kick forward again and I noticed him yelling a response to some fans on the northern stand Punt Rd flank. I thought that’s about it he is mentally shot. However from that point on he put on a clinic of contested marking, goal kicking and competitive ruck work. Just like we thought he could do. One difference today I think was Tom spent a lot of time on the wing and ruck that he was able to get into the game and finally it clicked. 

I was near the fence when that happened although I don't know what the fans said to Tommy. He threw up his hands and replied something. I watched him all game and felt his frustration with the holding on him by the Freo defenders when down the other end of the ground the Freo forwards were getting spoilt by the umpires and being given soft free kicks. Could feel his anger growing as the game went on and even saw him saying something to the umpire at one stage. But to his credit Tom used his anger in the best possible way and responded by taking some good marks and kicking the goals. After that he appeared to walk taller when he got some confidence back in his game. I was very happy to see this. Happy for him, and happy for us, of course! Perhaps the fresh input of Rawlings has helped him in this regard? Hope he keeps it up. Well done today.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, McQueen said:

How good was Frosty today!

Great game by him and Petty has a future don’t you worry. 

You are welcome and hello to all those who wanted Frost out of the club.

Agree on Petty too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Goodwin and the team weren't too happy with the Jones bump on Walters.

Goodwin spoke to Jones at the last break and said "about 20 of his teammates" did as well...

"He knows that's not how we play and the importance of those things in a game," the coach said.   "He made a mistake but what I did love about Nathan was his ability to respond in the last quarter…

"It doesn't matter who you are in your team. You need guys who keep each other accountable – and whether you're the skipper or you're a younger player of the footy club, the expectations are the same."

Good to see the team also holding Jones accountable.  It was a tough guy effort by Jones but could have cost us the game.  Deserved to be called out on it.

Was a bit dumb by Jones, but I didn't mind it in a sense in that there had been talk about disharmony between him and Viney and he was going at him after Walters tried a dirty snipe attempt at Jack. (didn't quite go to plan tho!)

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Was a bit dumb by Jones, but I didn't mind it in a sense in that there had been talk about disharmony between him and Viney and he was going at him after Walters tried a dirty snipe attempt at Jack. (didn't quite go to plan tho!)

Michael Walters is a fairy.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1

Viney welcome back to form. 

Frost great game.

Truck best game in a while for you. Keep it up. 

Tmac great to see getting back to some form. 

Weid although low on disposals made some critical spoils and played his role well. 

• Like 5

Said it a couple of weeks ago, but Jay Lockhart is a goer.

Baker and Hore also offer something.

The 3 of those guys will play every game for the rest of the year, injury permitting.

And worth mentioning Petty as well, I think he has been quite solid when called on this year.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

A bit dumb it was stupid and did it right in front of the ump to top it off  

It was a 2 goal turn around. Jones is very lucky it wasn’t a turning point in the game and that we won. 

He needs to be better than that.  

By all means stick up for your teammates but not to the detriment of the team. 

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1

53 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Yes of course he does make mistakes . You see if he didn't he would be perfect. You can play him at full forward and he wouldn't drop the mark or miss goals would he. Just kick it to him. However they all make mistakes and the ball gets turned over.

Gawny  makes less mistakes  and we give him the benefit of the doubt not like some who don't learn from their's they just keep making them. 

Without Gawn we would struggle as a team he is  good at his craft and vital to our cause as we all noticed in 2017.He is the vital piece of the team.

Viney was hand fed well today. Watch the replay. He had a good game but made his fair share of mistakes but the good outweighed the bad today. Please be more constructive with your post.  I won't be answering any of your questions again.  

Get of your high horse and please don’t respond again if your going to make up [censored]

Gawn had 7 clangers today Viney 3 but I’ll watch the replay to make sure. 

Gawn hasn’t learnt from his mistakes because he still can’t kick a goal from 15 m out directly in front.

2 minutes ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

Get of your high horse and please don’t respond again if your going to make up [censored]

Gawn had 7 clangers today Viney 3 but I’ll watch the replay to make sure. 

Gawn hasn’t learnt from his mistakes because he still can’t kick a goal from 15 m out directly in front.

Not bad from 40 though!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Michael Walters has rocketed straight to the top of my most disliked players also.

That was painful to watch at times today on at least 3 or 4 occasions.

Pity too, because he can obviously play.

A stager of the finest order. I think they get into these bad habits in Perth because of the skewed umpiring towards the Eagles, so they try anything to get a free kick. It is not a good look. At the game today we supporters let the umpires know we were not happy. Lucky we didn't see any Behaviour Awareness Officers pay us all a visit. ( I also heard the word maggot used several times. Maybe the gentleman was referring to what he found in his meat pie?).

• Like 1

A mildly amusing moment from Goody’s presser when asked about Frost and his awesome game today.

"We call it (that) he turns our ball movement into 'Frost-ball' and no one knows what's happening – but neither does the opposition.

Frost-ball, I like it.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 4
  • Haha 14

44 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

It was a 2 goal turn around. Jones is very lucky it wasn’t a turning point in the game and that we won. 

I totally agree, it's either a pat on the head or he needed to send him into next week.  Half measure that cost us at least 7 points and on top of that Walters got up and played on.

"Negative Nazis" ?

The actual expression is "Native Nancy"

Negative Nancy

A nickname given to a guy or a girl who always has a negative spin on things. Always brings the mood down with the doom and gloom analogies.
Jack: Way to go Billy...a grand slam! 
Tom: God, it's about time he only struck out the last four at bats. 
Jack: Just shush and quit being such a Negative Nancy and be thankful it wasn't a fifth strikeout, but it was a grand slam.

negative bad outlook
by TheBigCanucklehead March 27, 2015

1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

A mildly amusing moment from Goody’s presser when asked about Frost and his awesome game today.

"We call it (that) he turns our ball movement into 'Frost-ball' and no one knows what's happening – but neither does the opposition.

Thats gold.  Frost has been so good this season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A F said:

We really ground that one out well.

We were utterly hopeless at times in the first half and a bit, but finally got our act together lead by Oliver and Gawn.

Lockhart is a gem too. The cleanest first year player in a Melbourne jumper since Oliver started. Makes the right decisions and FCS, kicks to the advantage of his other forwards.

Steven May's game, in particular, his last ten minutes, was instrumental. He's going to be a beauty for us. Can't wait to get Lever back in there next to him.

Our midfield's defensive transition still needs so much work. We get cut up far too easily.

If there's one player that was emblematic of today's game it was Tom McDonald. Untidy, a game littered with often terrible decision making and skill execution, but finally managed to get things working in the last quarter and a bit.

Some will point to the fact that he was one of our leading disposal getters all day, which is true, but he was laughable in the first half. It was great to see him turn it around in the last though. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Finally, it was interesting to note how many uncontested possessions we had today. I wonder if it's a hint at a new direction? I'd like to see us switch it a whole lot more. May's penetrating kicking will be helpful in this respect. 

Spot on post, every point. 

I'll raise May's field kicking again because it was fantastic. Regularly hit great targets from tight positions, which is very important. He also set us up beautifully after the Jones 50 m penalty,  directing players to position, but Frost made a mess of it with a clumsy attempted spoil.

The uncontested possession focus was clear from the first quarter as we kicked quick but to advantage, to leading players.  Was great to watch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DemonOX said:

Think we cut him some slack. Always played disciplined footy and he was standing up for a mate. Lets not get too hysterical. Not easy playing intense footy and staying on the edge without going over occasionally. His record is excellent in that regard

• Like 5