Angus Brayshaw to Fremantle Rumours

Lord Nev

6 minutes ago, chookrat said:

It's pretty normal to have these sort of meetings particularly when there is change. When working for someone else I'd often have these sort of meetings to understand how a change eas likely to impact my compensation plan and if I didn't like response it provided a way to work towards and acceptable position. 

Yeah, not trying to paint it as the end of the world or a sign that we're falling apart, just putting the info out there as part of an overall picture of what's going on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trade Brayshaw. Not a chance. Is hard as nails and a gun midfielder. He will be up and about again in 2020.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 1:03 PM, Dee tention said:

If the Dees don’t get bumped on Pick 2 with the GC PP. The Dees will take Noah Anderson.

If this happens, I expect Brayshaw to be on the move to Freo.

Would love Anderson at the Dees.

Interested to hear why Gus would go to Freo if we draft Anderson. I can't see the link, but keen to see why.

Gus trade could certainly be linked to a Langdon move, but I fear it would be a straight swap. 

41 minutes ago, Smokey said:

I'd be fine with a straight swap for Ed Langdon. I've been a Gus fan for awhile, but if that's what it ends up costing to get Langdon then so be it. 

When this thread first started I was hoping that if it was to happen we might get Hill and Langdon for Gus (and maybe a 3rd round pick or something), but you're right, it's now at a point value wise where Gus for Langdon is a fair trade.

Be interesting now that Rosich is out and Mark Brayshaw is rumoured to be keen on the Freo CEO position if that has any impact on how Gus feels.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

When this thread first started I was hoping that if it was to happen we might get Hill and Langdon for Gus (and maybe a 3rd round pick or something), but you're right, it's now at a point value wise where Gus for Langdon is a fair trade.

Be interesting now that Rosich is out and Mark Brayshaw is rumoured to be keen on the Freo CEO position if that has any impact on how Gus feels.

Ideally I'd want the club to demand a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder to go with it but we are not historically ruthless traders and tend to assume the position 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Smokey said:

I'd be fine with a straight swap for Ed Langdon. I've been a Gus fan for awhile, but if that's what it ends up costing to get Langdon then so be it. 

A 23 year old pick 3 who polled third in the Brownlow last year and is currently contract for 3 more years will be fetching a lot more than a second round pick... Yikes 

• Like 4

Just now, GCDee said:

A 23 year old pick 3 who polled third in the Brownlow last year and is currently contract for 3 more years will be fetching a lot more than a second round pick... Yikes 

Langdon plus a second rounder is more than fair. 

Don't forget - Gussy is only 1 bad head knock away from potentially never playing again. Concussion prone players carry inherit risk. Granted he seems to have addressed whatever it was in his game that was causing it but the history remains. 

28 minutes ago, GCDee said:

That might have been his value last year, but it's significantly different this year.

I am a fan of Gus but he strikes me as the sort who as a kick was also selected to play on ball. he is strong and courageous so that would have given him plenty of time and ability to accumulate kicks and get praise along the way. I suspect he has given little thought to his game style other than focus on the ball and put his body on the line then push the ball forward any way he can. Needs to learn more about how to work within a team environment bringing the ball forward, Not so concerned at his lack of defence this year as I think his fitness is down.

1 minute ago, Sorry kids said:

I am a fan of Gus but he strikes me as the sort who as a kick was also selected to play on ball. he is strong and courageous so that would have given him plenty of time and ability to accumulate kicks and get praise along the way. I suspect he has given little thought to his game style other than focus on the ball and put his body on the line then push the ball forward any way he can. Needs to learn more about how to work within a team environment bringing the ball forward, Not so concerned at his lack of defence this year as I think his fitness is down.

Exactly what I keep reminding myself. Majority of preseason we had reports of him jogging laps with an unreported/mystery injury. 

He may not be in the big group of surgery players who got to use that as a fitness excuse but you can't underestimate the impact of his slow preseason either.

A clear run at it this off season and his value to us will sky rocket.. that said we have several players we are hoping that for too haha.

• Like 2

Why sell Brayshaw when his value is down?

Even if we want to be "ruthless" and trade out some big names, surely we can acknowledge we've missed the boat on Brayshaw 

3 more years on contract, let's ride through the low point of his value and hold onto the option to trade him later (not that I necessarily think we should)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sorry kids said:

He has successfully changed the way he played in the contest to alleviate the frequency of concussion events.  

I have gone in and out of thoughts on trading Brayshaw, after the weekend i am in the trade camp. I just think he has shown such a lack of care and poise this year that i cant have. In fact its been a problem at this club for so long, players dont have the mental or intestinal fortitude to fight. they accept that its a bit hard, they dont have pride in their own performance. We laud them when they play well, but they should be getting big plaudits for working through form, for accepting different roles because thats what you do for a team, for fighting tooth and nail for every contest. Gus is the exact opposite from what i see and frankly  think he is a bit of a smart alec.

Freo would love him and i think they will pay full tote odds for him, keep the brothers together, they need depth, Mundy has a year left in him, Fyfe wont be around forever. I would trade him for a first rounder no problem and i think he would get that, clubs would see that we have been a mess this year and that's its to do with where he wa splayed, they would back themselves to go, he finished 3rd in a Brownlow playing in the middle, lets plonk him there again all year. 

If the club wants to do something, they get a first rounder for him, they play hard and they get the compensation we want. If not, we dont trade him, he is contracted and he stays and we see if he is prepared to work through it and get better.

I would prefer to loser Gus rather that Petracca. 

P.S. i may change my mind by lunchtime on him. ?

4 hours ago, rjay said:

If Brayshaw is part of the Langdon deal I would want Cerra in the mix...I reckon he has a lot of upside and Lyon hasn't helped his development to date.

Cerra would be high on most team's wishlist. 

Brayshaw and #20 for Langdon and Cerra. If we take our rose coloured glasses off, that's close to the mark

Would be interesting to see who wants out and in at Freo, especially if they don't have a coach by draft week.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Cerra would be high on most team's wishlist. 

Brayshaw and #20 for Langdon and Cerra. If we take our rose coloured glasses off, that's close to the mark

No one wants to lose Brayshaw but if he’s keen on heading west then it’s about looking at deals that benefit both teams. I reckon you’re around the mark. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

No one wants to lose Brayshaw but if he’s keen on heading west then it’s about looking at deals that benefit both teams. I reckon you’re around the mark. 

I said elsewhere that imo only Clarry and Max are untradable.

Don't want Gus to leave, but as long as it improves significantly where we are going and doesn't [censored] us up further. I think Cerra has more upside than Gus

Got to give something to get something.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I said elsewhere that imo only Clarry and Max are untradable.

Don't want Gus to leave, but as long as it improves significantly where we are going and doesn't [censored] us up further. I think Cerra has more upside than Gus

Got to give something to get something.

If you think that, then they'd possibly want more than pick 20 and Gus ?  a 38 coming back perhaps?

On 8/25/2019 at 2:15 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

would do brayshaw and a (future?) third rounder for pick 6 (from the hill to aints trade) and langdon

If he really really really really really really really really really wanted to leave the yes.... 

However I don't think this is the case.