What if?

Wollongong Demon

Loving this winning feeling. Every game is like Christmas and birthday combined. If I could bottle it I would. So awesome to hear the roar of Dees fans.

This is what many supporters get every September although ours is no doubt sweeter due to its long time coming.

What if we win not only the flag but a sucession of them and we have a decade just like the glory days?

Imagine no longer a club defined by 50 years of failure and we become better than the powerhouse of old. 

All things are possible. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Wollongong Demon said:

What if we win not only the flag but a sucession of them and we have a decade just like the glory days?

Imagine no longer a club defined by 50 years of failure and we become better than the powerhouse of old. 

All things are possible. 

unnamed_(2).gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Wollongong Demon said:

Loving this winning feeling. Every game is like Christmas and birthday combined. If I could bottle it I would. So awesome to hear the roar of Dees fans.

This is what many supporters get every September although ours is no doubt sweeter due to its long time coming.

All things are possible. 

We have to keep turning our list over and to make it Better and stronger than what it is then.

I would be happy to see one.

But next year i want another one.

And the year after that i want one as well.

While we are at it, i also want one the following year.

Year 5... what the hell, might as well throw in another one.

My internal organs should have failed by then, so what happens afterwards wont bother me. 

But my family will want more of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Bulldogs won a flag with a mediocre list throwing the ball to each other at every contest.

The Tigers won a flag with a slightly better than mediocre list + a couple of genuine stars

The list that we have demands multiple flags ala Geelong/Brisbane/Horforn.

Anything less will be a failure.

Yes, I think the future is that bright.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Wollongong Demon said:

All things are possible.

WD you will enjoy this excellent article by Jack Niall  https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/demons-in-sweet-spot-for-long-term-success-20180915-p50417.html  He says: 

In the giddy afterglow of Melbourne’s romping win over Hawthorn, I asked a former Melbourne official when the Demons had last been so well-positioned.

‘‘1954,’’ he replied.

He wasn’t kidding. The Melbourne Football Club – out of the finals for a dozen years in a draft system – has the best platform for sustained success of any club in the competition.

What If?  Not quite ready to dream of the glory days again but happy to shift from 'one week at a time' to 'one flag at a time' :)

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5

Aslong as we keep our list and can cover players who are likely to go out over the next half a decade. I believe we will not only be a top team, but THE top team for a good chunk of years. But getting that to translate into grand finals is another story.

10 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

i would like to win 6 over the next ten years please. 

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pray let it be a Melbourne-Collingwood  Grand Final. At least we get the opportunity for revenge for the 1958 Grand Final when they prevented us from winning a record six consecutive Premierships (viz. 1955, 1956, 1957, xxxx, 1959 &1960)!

To beat Collingwood by a point with a Sam Weideman goal kicked after the siren would be a wonderful sight (especially if the cameras were all trained on Eddie McGuire)! ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

?  Not quite ready to dream of the glory days again but happy to shift from

I posted out of the fact I still cant believe that we are a game from a gf appearance 

Its all so surrealistic and to be honest has surprised me.

Full credit to the club for not being overwhelmed like me.

Edited by Wollongong Demon
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wollongong Demon said:

I posted out of the fact I still cant believe that we are a game from a gf appearance 

Yes, my brain almost exploded with 10 mins to go against Hawthorn when it was apparent we would be playing in a prelim....God knows what a flag would do I can't comprehend 1 let alone several!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Right now, I will happily take just one

A variation on the one week at a time mantra: one flag at a time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wollongong Demon said:

Sorry if it read like I was having a go at you - it was meant to support your 'glory days' comment.  Hence the :) to go with my cheeky ' Not quite ready to dream of the glory days again but happy to shift from 'one week at a time' to 'one flag at a time' comment.  I'll word things a bit more carefully in future.

Like you I feel totally nonplussed.  Such a weird and foreign feeling to be this close to the Holy Grail.  Surreal.

• Like 2

We have to strike while the iron is hot.  None of this dynasty business, and dreaming of a decade of dominance.  Sure it may happen but we also may totally fall off the cliff next season. 

We are two wins away from a flag!   If we dont win it this year we may never get this close again.

THIS IS THE TIME!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassiew said:

Would be something. So tired of hearing the tired old line “when was your last premiership.”

Hopefully in two weeks time we can say 'yesterday'.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CBDees said:

To beat Collingwood by a point with a Sam Weideman goal kicked after the siren would be a wonderful sight (especially if the cameras were all trained on Eddie McGuire)! ?

Well I hope not. My heart would not handle the stress. A 60 point win would suffice. Even then I wouldn’t start celebrating until there was 5 minutes to go.?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

While we are at it, i also want one the following year.

Year 5... what the hell, might as well throw in another one.

To beat Collingwood by a point with a Sam Weideman goal kicked after the siren would be a wonderful sight (especially if the cameras were all trained on Eddie McGuire)! 

Why not Dare to Dream.!   If you cannot do it now when can you,   you are a long time dead !

I have friends from the football years earlier   who have done that   dropped dead without reaching a flag again.

Now is the time   Go Hard,   2 wins away,   its the players who get it done,  support them,  but we the keyboard players may enjoy while we can. Because we can do bugger all from our side of the fence.

Come on DEMONS !!