Skuit

GAMEDAY - Semi Final

Bugger the emotion-free alternative thread this weekend. I'm pumped as fu(gazi). 15 hours to go - and somehow I have to sleep before now and the match. Four goal Demon win. Yee-haw!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Last week was pure worry, I'm letting myself enjoy this build up and dream big. 

Go you Demons!!

• Like 5

Put through a request to work night shifts all month so I could be assured I'd be free to go and watch finals.

The downside is that, with no one around I've been lingering around Demonland a lot and appears the site has now been blocked. I have to put in a request to IT to have it unblocked lol Gotta prove it's of value to my work.

Anyway I'll be on like 2 hours sleep at the game as I was last week. Good times.

• Like 5

Last week it begun, I think the entire club from CEO to my 3 year old son needed that. I predicted it would taste good, I never thought in my wildest dreams it would be be that good.

But now I want more, Hawthorn saying they are happy to be underdogs? Your underdogs for a reason. I want to hurt them physically AND emotionally.

As recently as round 4 and for the last 10 years they have treated us like dust, insignificant to them, nothing.

Although fans and the media might be getting carried away I get the sense the coaching group and players are focused.

It's payback time, Geelong have been left wondering if they are on the right path, we were only warming up. We had a taste of blood, and as predicted it taste good. 

Time for a slaughter.

I think they understand now we are here.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, low flying Robbo said:

and what a cracking day for football its going to be!

Can you elaborate low flying: what are the conditions in Melbourne right now? 

Confident we have the game to win this one. Excited to see what unfolds. 

Game starts just before noon my time so when the game is over I will have a nice long afternoon and evening to celebrate. 

Dees by 28

Zero work will be done today... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CHF said:

Confident we have the game to win this one. Excited to see what unfolds. 

Game starts just before noon my time so when the game is over I will have a nice long afternoon and evening to celebrate. 

Dees by 28

Same start time for me CHF. Are you in Europe?

• Like 1

Landed but so tired. Had a lovely old lady snoring louder than a Massey Ferguson under full load and passing enough wind that half the plane was reaching for the oxygen masks  

Looking forward to hopefully catching a few Z’s this morning before grabbing a coffee and the rag for a peruse. 

Where’s pre game hydration take place?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Took an early start this morning, so pumped now after listening to a bunch of motivational songs on the way to work. The bosses think I’m here to actually work, that’s not gonna happen!

Game On as they say. Come on you wonderful Dees!!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Landed but so tired. Had a lovely old lady snoring louder than a Massey Ferguson under full load and passing enough wind that half the plane was reaching for the oxygen masks  

Looking forward to hopefully catching a few Z’s this morning before grabbing a coffee and the rag for a peruse. 

The Royal

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We are primed.  No changes and confidence is sky high.   Hawks will need to do a lot of reshuffling with O Meara and Stratton out.

We should belt them if we bring the same manic pressure as last week.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Same start time for me CHF. Are you in Europe?

Yep n-w Europe 

• Like 1

Worried that all the talk has been about how we should smash them. Can never write Hawthorn off, and they will come out red hot. 

Richmond wore them down last week. If we can bring it for a full 4 quarters we'll do the same. If we don't take our chances, they will make us pay.

• Like 6

Time to poo and wee all over the poos and wees. I wish I was more confident but Clarkson is a very good coach and counteracted is well in round 4. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

Look for somewhere with a beer garden as it is going to be 21 and awesome in town. The Imperial on corner and Bourke and Spring. I’ll be heading to Carlton Club on Bourke that has a brilliant deck and $8 furphy pints. 

• Like 3

So would losing Stratton and O’Meara be like us losing Hibbo and Brayshaw? Just trying to work out a closish like for like. I must admit I don’t know much about Stratton but if so it’s a couple of top ten players out for them. Huge. 

They’re missing Stratton and O’Meara but losing their pride will hurt them most.

Slaughter them Melbourne.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On the way after ministering to my ailing father.

His recovery and condition are now secure.

All positive for a successful day.

Am hoping players slept better than I an Goodwin has them cherry ripe 

GO DEES

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Skuit said:

Can you elaborate low flying: what are the conditions in Melbourne right now? 

22 and sunny today

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

So would losing Stratton and O’Meara be like us losing Hibbo and Brayshaw? Just trying to work out a closish like for like. I must admit I don’t know much about Stratton but if so it’s a couple of top ten players out for them. Huge. 

More like Jetta and Brayshaw.

• Like 1

Looking back at the round four clash and we were a shell of what we are now.

We were , tentative, cautious and reactive and the backline was a mess.

We are now Confident , powerful and brutal.

We defend within an inch of our lives all over the ground.

Im Confident of a famous victory 

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 3