Training - Thursday 13th September, 2018

Bleasey as that

1 hour ago, Bleasey as that said:

G’day folks,  

Any times listed for training?

Cheers.

No times listed but I will wander by tomorrow to see if anyone is training. 

My wife is off to Hawthorn’s open training session tomorrow morning and asked if I wanted to come along! Is she kidding? So I said I was going to our training instead. 

• Like 1

Down from Sydney. First time at training in 100 years. Flashbacks to ‘87. Surprisingly small amount of people here. 

Good news is Hibbo was just separated from the main group and did a couple of run throughs and is now back in the main group. Yee Haa!! Roll on Friday. Go Dees

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

All I want to see is bloody goal kicking practice. 

Doing a drill Practicing low sharp stab passes. Look good although all of Hunts have missed the spot so far.  

Jeez Hibbo is a built unit. J Smith a very good size now. 

Doing a match simulation from the wing. Maxy smashing it forward and players running on clearing and going for goal. First one went in. Good start. 

Yeh now some goal kicking practice 

Tracs hardly missed. As for JKH and Nibbler both better play in the back line. 

Weids technique is a thing of beauty. 

Harmseys in a special vein of form at the moment. Everything he’s touching turns to gold. Hasn’t missed a shot. 

Nev and JKH the last 2 on the field.

Thats a wrap. 

Edited by It's Time
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

It’s been the norm all year binman.

@It's Time standard routine for goal kicking or around the corner shots?

Mostly pretty standard. Right st the end Maxy spotted the Club videographer so went over outside the boundary righ where she was filming and had a shot. Hopefully that works tomorrow night 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, It's Time said:

Down from Sydney. First time at training in 100 years. Flashbacks to ‘87. Surprisingly small amount of people here. 

Good news is Hibbo was just separated from the main group and did a couple of run throughs and is now back in the main group. Yee Haa!! Roll on Friday. Go Dees

So, what was it like at Gosch's Paddock in 1918? And was Saty there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

So, what was it like at Gosch's Paddock in 1918? And was Saty there?

There was a very weird looking warlock dude. I’d say that was Saty. Hasn’t aged a minute. It was wet and windy and of course muddy. They had to shoo the kangaroos off the ground. Plus a lot of people going to work down Punt Rd on their horses. Otherwise nothing’s changed. Same jumper. Same shots on goal. Go Dees

• Haha 3

Lovely morning for a hit out. It was again short and sweet.

Jack Viney in runners, except for a little ball work, was mainly watching.

Michael Hibberd had a short running test at the start, he then joined the main group. He looked unhampered.

Aaron vandenBerg was not on the field.

Jordan Lewis wearing kenty’s number 16 and Jake Melksham (I think) wearing Bernie‘s number 23.

24 players on the field including Jack.

After warm ups they split into two groups, backs and forwards/mids.

The backs had 9 players in the group, including Joel Smith, Jayden Hunt and Bailey Fritsch. After kicking drills along the boundary line then bringing the ball inside they gathered for an extended chat led by the coach Chaplin.

The mids/forwards did some short drills, with the mids from a ball up, linking to half forwards who would link with full forwards. They ended with lots of goal kicking.

Jay Kennedy-Harris training with mids/forwards and was last to leave the track.

In the words of Brendan McCartney, “attack the ball”.

Go Dees.

from Kev Martin

Edited by 000
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Training will have tapered right down by now. Andrew Leoncelli mentioned on 'The Dees Podcast' that there is no fitness work, but only game simulation and kicking/handball drills. Players not being out there doesn't mean much.

35 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Training will have tapered right down by now. Andrew Leoncelli mentioned on 'The Dees Podcast' that there is no fitness work, but only game simulation and kicking/handball drills. Players not being out there doesn't mean much.

I'm suprised at the fitness work comment. I would've figured they worked them hard on the bye week. 

Recovery and Match drills are crucial right now. Good to see the goal kicking. I'm starting to think Trac has a touch of nervs about him. Good kick at training but in a game your nervous when he is lining up and maybe he is too. 

Hassan Mann was there.Interviewed by 7 & 9 so should be on the news tonite.Overheard comments like they are a young team who  are bonding now and will do for the next ten years..And Hoges ain’t gonna leave a successful team!When training finished he went over and talked to a few players.Hibbo looked fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2