ROUND 19 - Non MFC games

28 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I tend to agree. It was a great goal, but he certainly threw it up in the air before connecting with the ball. 

Tom McDonald 'threw' the ball in the air before kicking the winning goal against West Coast last year...

It seem that the laws of the game don't define the correct way for the ball to go from hand to foot, so it's a goal for mine.  As long as it goes from hand to foot, it's a kick.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Darkhorse72 said:

For a kick you can throw the ball int he air to kick, but if you don't make contact its a free against. But not a good way to have a good kick.

It’s why having kick-to-kick with a six year old is a very frustrating experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

One more time, just because I need to blurt it;

"Come on Roo-Dog-Dockers!"

Don’t we want Eagles to win? This keeps Norf in the hunt for the 8. The more teams we can knock out of the pack the better.

• Like 2

Yep, we're not going to catch West Coast and if North lose this, they pretty much can't make it. We want West Coast comfortable when we play them, so we can catch them off guard.

An Eagles win is better for mine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, P-man said:

Don’t we want Eagles to win? This keeps Norf in the hunt for the 8. The more teams we can knock out of the pack the better.

No!!!  We don't want West Coast finishing 2nd and hosting two home finals.   We need to win to play in finals, irrespective of who gets the last spot in the 8.   And if we can't win two more games, we shouldn't and won't be there.  

• Like 1

Just now, A F said:

Yep, we're not going to catch West Coast and if North lose this, they pretty much can't make it. We want West Coast comfortable when we play them, so we can catch them off guard.

An Eagles win is better for mine.

tend to agree with you AF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Me 2. How was the WC DJ? Was a marvelous tournament.

The Russian people made it a great tournament WWS.

Won't forget  South Korea beating Germany and France beating Argentina. Lucky to see both live along with three other matches including the Aussies going down to France.

God help us if they ever allow vuvuzelas at the AFL. Not to mention Colombian football fans (don't think any of them know how to sit down and watch a game.)

Could highly recommend Russia as a tourist venue. Extremely good value by comparison to Western Europe

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, P-man said:

It's a real catch 22. If WC lose this,  they have a derby coming up next week which can always be an arm wrestle they could lose. Which potentially means if we win our games then beat WC,  we will be on same points as them with a superior percentage. 

Pipe dream but who knows the way this season is panning out 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

The Russian people made it a great tournament WWS.

Won't forget  South Korea beating Germany and France beating Argentina. Lucky to see both live along with three other matches including the Aussies going down to France.

God help us if they ever allow vuvuzelas at the AFL. Not to mention Colombian football fans (don't think any of them know how to sit down and watch a game.)

Could highly recommend Russia as a tourist venue. Extremely good value by comparison to Western Europe

Really thats interesting. Im off to WE soon, wouldnt mind going to Russia and Ukraine. Wasnt safe last time, lot of unrest in 2014.

Looked like there were a few spare seats at a lot of matches, even the final.

Well you were very lucky to be able to experience that. Well done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Really thats interesting. Im off to WE soon, wouldnt mind going to Russia and Ukraine. Wasnt safe last time, lot of unrest in 2014.

Looked like there were a few spare seats at a lot of matches, even the final.

Well you were very lucky to be able to experience that. Well done.

The spare seats you were seeing were the ones allocated to the friends of FIFA ( the various Football associations etc). I suspect in the past these were sold for big money and who knows who pocketed the profits. With the apparent corruption crackdown may be a lot of the associations didn't dare scalp the tickets.

I can assure you every game was a pre game sell out.

Moscow is a great city and I suspect St Petersburg is even better.

It is relatively easy to fly from Dubai to all the Russian cities and then move westwards. Flydubai (the low cost carrier owned by Emirates is good value.)

Feel free to PM me if you want some other travel tips about the area.

PS:I went with my son and boy did he enjoy the party !!

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Kangas look home here, thats annoying.

Yes it is. They could possibly win all remaining games against teams outside the 8.

Bris (A), Bulldogs (H), Crows (A), St Kilda.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

An aside... Liverpool played Man U yesterday in a pre season friendly in Michigan.Crowd of 105k at a sold out stadium.

Man U played the kids.

Amazing what people will pay to see these teams play.

Another aside... apparently Mexico plays more times in the USA than in Mexico itself because they make so much more money than when they play in Mexico

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

The spare seats you were seeing were the ones allocated to the friends of FIFA ( the various Football associations etc). I suspect in the past these were sold for big money and who knows who pocketed the profits. With the apparent corruption crackdown may be a lot of the associations didn't dare scalp the tickets.

I can assure you every game was a pre game sell out.

Moscow is a great city and I suspect St Petersburg is even better.

It is relatively easy to fly from Dubai to all the Russian cities and then move westwards. Flydubai (the low cost carrier owned by Emirates is good value.)

Feel free to PM me if you want some other travel tips about the area.

PS:I went with my son and boy did he enjoy the party !!

Thanks DJ. I will keep that in mind. Cheers