Changes vs Adelaide

What

39 minutes ago, Roost It said:

JKH stays in, we have no one to replace him 

sad but almost true.

Makes you wonder though in that roughly 12 players in the modern game are mid-fielders. Where did they go in our VFL team?

Simplistic but you would think we would at least have 4-6 to pick from.

Jordan Lewis should be dropped. Just too slow to be a medium defender and does not have the skillset to be a defender. Not a great spoiler or tackler. Not all midfielders can play in the backline in their twilight years.

Still as a great of the club we must nurse him to 300 games!

Which Adelaide Half Forward will put 5 metres on Lewis in  10 metres and snag a goal this week? 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 12:12 PM, deanox said:

I don't understand the love for Vanders here. Although I appreciated his effort and attack on the ball in 2015 there is nothing about him that makes him an auto in. 

When playing he averaged 15 disposals,  4 tackles and half a goal per game. Nothing special, nothing better than JKH or Hannan. 

He is no more experienced than JKH or Hannan, all with around 30 games. 

He has never played under Goodwin and hardly trained with them, meaning he won't know our system/ structure/ game plan

He may have limited endurance due to his time out of the game. 

Although we're live him for nostalgia reasons - he tried hard for us when we were horrible - he isn't asuperstar or walk up 22 player,  so given he is underdone rushing him in makes no sense.

I remember him taking strong grabs, and knocking the stuffing out of players at the contest.  I liked him.  Still do.  He's a hungry young man.  

• Like 3

Looks like Tom Doedee ia set to miss for the crows which is a huge out for them being their number 1 intercept player down back.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Reports are that Sloane has reinjured his foot. Wouldn’t that be a shame if true. 

Id almost be celebrating if it werent for Viney , Lever, Hibberd, Stretch, Harmes, Hunt....

On 7/22/2018 at 9:56 AM, A F said:

He just should have kicked it. A simple snap on his wrong foot. He didn't even get close.

We were right behind that and my recollection was he did actually have someone close to him. But maybe I'm simply failing to remember correctly?

He was reasonably close but not close enough to put pressure on him.

• Like 1

Harmes is a big loss, but another soldier goes down ...

To me that means we have to bite the bullet and play Vanders, even if it is a week earlier than planned. We need another big body at night and assuming we give Tyson more game time this week (only played 63%), then Vanders should be able to cope with about 65% game time bashing into players.

The other in is the certain one - Wagner. He comes in for JKH, but obviously won't play his wing. It just means that Spargo spends a bit more time on wing. Wags inclusion means he can play on one of their talls when needed (given Adelaide's big size) and also means the coach has to do what I've advocated all year - send Bernie forward where his smarts and lip can come in handy and we all know he loves a goal (and a laugh or even a smile). But on a serious level, we should be trying to manufacture a match up that sees him picking up Laird a fair bit of time.

B: Jetta Oscar Jordy

HB: Smith Frost Salem

Mid: Jones Brayshaw Fritsch

HF: Vince Hoges Melksham

F: Garlett T.Mac Petracca

Ru: Gawn Oliver Tyson

Int: Wagner (def), Spargo (fwd/mid) AVB (fwd/mid) ANB (fwd)

50 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Id almost be celebrating if it werent for Viney , Lever, Hibberd, Stretch, Harmes, Hunt....

58 minutes ago, CelebratingJade said:

Confirmed Harmes surgery today...

http://m.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-07-23/harmes-suffers-broken-hand

Hopeful of playing Saturday 

Makes a change from feet I suppose

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

no genuine mids though...

Hannan ?

Bugg? Kent? neither are midfielders

Balic ... hasn't really kicked on

AVB not ready

You said we have no one to replace JKH. JKH is not playing midfield.

Just now, jnrmac said:

Anyone of the the ones you mentioned is better than JKH

Hannan is out of form 

Bugg is done

Kentband Vanders need yo find continuous form at VFL level. Neither has done much of anything at AFL level

i love how people think that average VFL players can fix our ills