Andrew Gaff

McQueen

19 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Holy [censored]

I hope this wasn't an intentional ad placement.

Something tells me a Freo supporter has done this work..

6 hours ago, Dr.D said:

disagree. He definitely didn't mean to punch him in the face. Those swinging right hands are usually targeted into the chest/top of the jumper region but gaff missed. Gaff certainly didn't look at him and punch him in the face. not sure what vision you were watching. 

I was watching the close up vision of the punch. he was getting pushed, then he stopped, steadied, looked at Brayshaw and punched his face. So you contend he was going to punch his chest in this round-house/hook motion?  it would have hit his shoulder if so.

My point overall, is why do we need to straight away feel sorry for Gaff?  in the weeks to come maybe we can see his side of things and have some sympathy but at the moment the sympathy should be with Brayshaw and Gaff should cop his punishment - as he is

59 minutes ago, radar said:

Nat Jones and JLT out of contract end 2019. Bernie and Pedo this year. Ballic gone. 

Does this leave a possible massive war chest to chase S May or Josh Kelly- or both?

Don't think so.  none of those are on big money

If we have planned correctly however we should be in a position to offer big money should a star become availble

59 minutes ago, radar said:

Nat Jones and JLT out of contract end 2019. Bernie and Pedo this year. Ballic gone. 

Does this leave a possible massive war chest to chase S May or Josh Kelly- or both?

and don't forget the  the $70k for wattsy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, radar said:

Given Gus"s response in media today maybe leave Gaff alone.

Couldn't imagine any Petracca- like chin tickling between Gus and Gaff.

Then, those two Crows hated each other. 

Haven't seen or heard of anything @radar- what was his response?

also, what's the crows comment in reference to?

Edited by Danelska

6 minutes ago, Danelska said:

Haven't seen or heard of anything @radar- what was his response?

also, what's the crows comment in reference to?

Think I read it in THE AGE - contradicted Nesbitt.  Hard to see them being team mates.

McLeod/Edwards - google

As a former Arts/Philosophy student of a left-wing university, I find this 'coward' terminology in reference to Gaff's act as problematic.

If Gaff had signalled his intention to hit Brayshaw, and Brayshaw squared up, would the hit then be heroic?

Morton was once considered a coward for running away from an aggressor. If he had stopped and decked the Port player, would that then be brave?

Also, many people wouldn't have the cajones to take a swing at an unsuspecting person. It arguably takes a lot of courage to do something like that.

Please discuss (300 word limit and submissions are final).

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, radar said:

Think I read it in THE AGE - contradicted Nesbitt.  Hard to see them being team mates.

McLeod/Edwards - google

That was fairly soon after the incident and he still sounded a bit shaken by it.

His Dad has recently come out to say all is forgiven and they want to move on. Also heard Hamish Brayshaw will be organising a meeting between them both to 'move on'.

If Gaff wants to become a Dee there will be no issues between him and Angus.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skuit said:

As a former Arts/Philosophy student of a left-wing university, I find this 'coward' terminology in reference to Gaff's act as problematic.

If Gaff had signalled his intention to hit Brayshaw, and Brayshaw squared up, would the hit then be heroic?

Morton was once considered a coward for running away from an aggressor. If he had stopped and decked the Port player, would that then be brave?

Also, many people wouldn't have the cajones to take a swing at an unsuspecting person. It arguably takes a lot of courage to do something like that.

Please discuss (300 word limit and submissions are final).

Two words - or maybe one.  Bull [censored], or [censored].

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Holy [censored]

I hope this wasn't an intentional ad placement.

Not surprising really. The West Australian is another one of Rupert Murdoch’s newspapers of anything for a buck fake news.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

If we get Gaff it will actually make the Fremantle meeting, next year, interesting! 

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Gus told you that has he, or you are just speculating as if it is a fact?

I could ask the same question of people saying Gus won't want Gaff at the Dees.

It's all ridiculous innuendo. These are grown men playing football, the will be able to move on from this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

I could ask the same question of people saying Gus won't want Gaff at the Dees.

It's all ridiculous innuendo. These are grown men playing football, the will be able to move on from this.

And your answer to my question is?

Angus and Gaff are meeting to clear the air. I'd think Gaff is def considering joining Melbourne otherwise i wouldn't see the point in meeting Angus. I also think it's important to consider people around the situation have said it won't be an issue (e.g. Jonesy and Mark Brayshaw saying they forgive him)

2 minutes ago, MurDoc516 said:

Angus and Gaff are meeting to clear the air. I'd think Gaff is def considering joining Melbourne otherwise i wouldn't see the point in meeting Angus. I also think it's important to consider people around the situation have said it won't be an issue (e.g. Jonesy and Mark Brayshaw saying they forgive him)

I detected that in Jonesy response to the Gaff hit, he gave a very diplomatic response to the question, if this is the case Re clear the air talks.

2 minutes ago, MurDoc516 said:

I heard that, but then shortly after it was said that Gaff will meet Andrew. Not sure if there is some confusion in the reporting.

If he is meeting Gus, then we are likely in the picture to get him, you would think.

3 minutes ago, MurDoc516 said:

I've seen it mentioned on here that Gus and Gaff are meeting. Is it correct? I read today that Hamish and Andrew are meeting him in Perth next week but wouldn't mind clarification of the Gus meet.