WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - BEN BROWN

Dee tention

Ben seems like  a nice guy.  He seems  to want to develop relationships which is indication of  a good team member. Fingers crossed that he can restart his career with the  dees and provide  support to  the younger players.  My new favorite behind Angus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:31 PM, 4_Kent_Watts said:

James Cook wasnt a poor player thought he was more than handy

True - prior to his ?ankle injury he was really on fire.

But, sadly, like #13Jako beforee him, he didn't handle injury recovery at all well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 58er said:

James Cook didn't play an AFL game at all I don't think!

KW why you say he was a good player more than handy???

You obviously don't know which james cook their talking about, cook played at the Carlton 25 games then traded to dogs for 49 games, he was delisted by the dogs after kicking 32 goals from 19 games, Melbourne then picked him up in the 1999 preseason draft, he  kick 2 goals in his first game 6 in his second, hurt his ankle in his third game, he got really fat and and out of shape, to a point that the club never played him again. He played 77 games for 139 goals.

Edited by don't make me angry
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

You obviously don't know which james cook their talking about, cook played at the Carlton 25 games then traded to dogs for 49 games, he was delisted by the dogs after kicking 32 goals from 19 games, Melbourne then picked him up in the 1999 preseason draft, he  kick 2 goals in his first game 6 in his second, hurt his ankle in his third game, he got really fat and and out of shape, to a point that the club never played him again. He played 77 games for 139 goals.

I remember that game when he kicked 6. Against North on a Friday night in 2000. Looked like the dominant full forward we were craving for who would perfectly compliment Neitz and Schwarz. Ofcourse like so many other potential forward stars that could’ve been at the MFC, it didn’t work out.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I remember that game when he kicked 6. Against North on a Friday night in 2000. Looked like the dominant full forward we were craving for who would perfectly compliment Neitz and Schwarz. Ofcourse like so many other potential forward stars that could’ve been at the MFC, it didn’t work out.

Well when we got cook neitz was moved to centre half back, after cook was injured neitz was moved to full forward. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, demonstone said:

True, but he was the first English Captain to tour Australia!

That claim may raise the hackles of some resident DL sandgroper anglophiles demonstone.

Believe Captain William Dampier's party toured the West the previous century. Apparently not as controversial as bodyline but he did let a few bumpers go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am really looking forward to seeing BBB line up for us at FF, how good will it be to see a genuine quality FF lining up for us, it has been such a long time in coming  can you just imagine the excitement when he kicks his first bag of 5 goals at the “G” we will be delirious.!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I am really looking forward to seeing BBB line up for us at FF, how good will it be to see a genuine quality FF lining up for us, it has been such a long time in coming  can you just imagine the excitement when he kicks his first bag of 5 goals at the “G” we will be delirious.!!!!!!

When BBB was at North and producing some great footy kicking multiple goals I was thinking this is someone that would be good to have being tall and hard to match up against. Going back as far as 2014.

However one player that l would hope be injured was BBB  when playing North.  Never in my wildest dreams thought that we could get him at our club.

. I wait for the day that he runs out with the Dees as well DZ that is a thrill for me.  I rate him highly.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Jesus 58 a little research wouldn't hurt.

Yes DD I thought of Lucas Cook I made an error I apologise.

I was 3 games out !!  That's all he played 

Hope you don't make a mistake 

All the best. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 58er said:

I was 3 games out !!  That's all he played 

Three games for us following 25 for Carlton and 49 for Western Bulldogs.

Cook kicked a total of 139 goals in his 77 games.

Carlton drafted him at pick 2 so clearly rated him highly, but he was definitely no star.

12 hours ago, 58er said:

Yes was thinking of Lucas DMMA. Sorry 

Regarding  Lucas's ccok his development had a very drastic  down turn, he was developing  nicely  at casey, then his form dropped  dramatically,  within  a few weeks  there was many calles on demonland for the cooky monster to be realised, when he kicked about  11 goals in 3 games, then  within  a few weeks there was calles for him to be delisted, Mark Robinson  knows why, wrote  an article without  mentioning  names except  the club ours.

Edited by don't make me angry

1 hour ago, BW511 said:

Any reports on how Ben Brown looks at training or how he is fitting in with the group?

North Melbourne supporters seem pretty happy to slag him off every chance they get, so would be good to shove it in their faces!

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/846744/ben-brown-s-first-day-as-a-demon?videoId=846744&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1609908689001

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

Key questions. 

1) will he fit into our forward structure ?

2) will he remain fit? And avoid further knee trouble. 

We need a settled team line-up with a game plan that does not revolve around Brown. Success will require a multi-pronged attack. 

While I respect your opinion your very guarded almost negative ( half glass empty)  Questioning of BBB's suitability for our forward line and apprehension of his role as the spearhead plus his fitness capability Is really almost a smear against Ben  and our Coaches and players.
Here we have a bona fide A grader to add plus a group of highly rated new recruits specifically chosen to add and be given a great opportunity for our forward line to add further dimension/s  to our scoring potential.

It is challenging for all but no more than what the Coaching additions have proven they can deliver for other teams.

My answer is a resounding YES to both of your doubting questions and believe a majority of Demons fans are positive about this influx of talent to both our playing and coaching ranks.

I am so positive that a Finals berth is realistic and higher honours not totally out of the question.

Your predictions ???

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

Key questions. 

1) will he fit into our forward structure ?

2) will he remain fit? And avoid further knee trouble. 

We need a settled team line-up with a game plan that does not revolve around Brown. Success will require a multi-pronged attack. 

Last week on the ABC Mick Malthouse said that he was stunned that MFC got Brown so easily, and that he thought Brown would make a big difference to to the Dees

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1