Andrew Leoncelli - Hero

8 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I love the use of the term "weak" coming from an alias username on an internet site..

You must tear people new assholes for a living then I take it?

I bet you really show those pens and keyboard buttons you push who's boss on a daily basis! 

I don't talk Sh!t for a living- only for kicks- my old man was a cop who was nearly jailed for doing his job.

Likewise,my job requires action, not a computer.

Spinelessness befits you.

7 minutes ago, Biffen said:

I don't talk Sh!t for a living- only for kicks- my old man was a cop who was nearly jailed for doing his job.

Likewise,my job requires action, not a computer.

Spinelessness befits you.

Then why talk absolute [censored] then if you're apparently "pro police"?

Seeking a response in an attempt to appear superior?

Calling me spineless for calling you out on your comments?

Grow up.

14 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Welcome to Dan Andrew's Victoria where crime is out of control.

Well done Chelly.

So they notify the tower and fly back to Melbourne (60m) and then wait another 90mins before police boarded the plane. Lucky it wasn't an emergency.

Not quite as bad as the pathetic Lindt cafe seige respomse but seriously our law enforcement command in this country needs a giant rocket up their backsides.

Missed the whole thread once I got up to your post, so apologies if anyone has said this or similar.

"Welcome to Dan Andrew's Victoria where crime is out of control."

I typed out a big rant, but then I thought about it. Are you actually suggesting a Sate Government will actually be weak on crime? (P.S look at the way the Andrews government changed the rules for minors in detention)

I got some cheap magic beans if you're keen.

What I can't figure is why anyone would fly with this outfit ?

Their last "unexplained " accident cost us over $200 mill for a not explained reason of our obligatation to search !

Just to to throw in another wobbly or 2 Margaret Court exorsised her right to free speech as an Australian Champion .

And got howled down by the supporters of the Irish poojabber CEO of qantarse.

We indeed live in strange times. May the MFC soon restore reason to our lives !

8 hours ago, Beetle said:

Then why talk absolute [censored] then if you're apparently "pro police"?

Seeking a response in an attempt to appear superior?

Calling me spineless for calling you out on your comments?

Grow up.

The current police are weak,useless keyboard hacks like you.

You had a go at me for noting it.

My thoughts on current policing are in the " nut jobs" thread.

I'm pro policing properly.

I'd like them to shoot and beat more people who need it.

9 minutes ago, Biffen said:

The current police are weak,useless keyboard hacks like you.

You had a go at me for noting it.

My thoughts on current policing are in the " nut jobs" thread.

I'm pro policing properly.

I'd like them to shoot and beat more people who need it.

Interesting perspective.  Of course, you are kidding.  Very funny.

Given the title of this topic, one can only wonder about those who confuse relevant jurisdictions.  Australian airports are the domain of the AFP and other intel agencies, not state police forces.  In any event, my son-in-law who is a detective in Vic Pol has been chuckling about some of these posts, while he puts his life on the line almost every single day.

The jurisdiction on all major airports is Federal.

They would have been in control ( or not as may be :unsure:)

The Vicpol unit will have been requested ( eventually) if no other resource available in time. 

Areas of concern. 

How did AFP take so long to get act together ? Why were Vicpol only informed AFTER plane landed. 

Wtf were the Feds doing in meantime. From all accounts the relevant info was there for the asking. 

Why did it take so long for a tactical response unit...to actually respond in a meaningful way.

Please dont kid me they had trouble finding gear ffs. ( and if they did....oi vey !! )

Would have been piece of pizz for authorities to have eyes and ears from inside craft.

This still has ballz up all over it for mine.

What we're hearing is spin...not substance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Given the title of this topic, one can only wonder about those who confuse relevant jurisdictions.  Australian airports are the domain of the AFP and other intel agencies, not state police forces.  In any event, my son-in-law who is a detective in Vic Pol has been chuckling about some of these posts, while he puts his life on the line almost every single day.

Don't disagree with your sentiments Iva, but weren't VicPol SOG the ones who stormed the plane to remove him? Too many agencies and not enough co ordination? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Don't disagree with your sentiments Iva, but weren't VicPol SOG the ones who stormed the plane to remove him? Too many agencies and not enough co ordination? 

the jurisdiction is governed by relevant legislation.  Blame the law makers if you will, but don't blame those charged with enforcing the Law.  None of us on here are across the actual strategic details and the logistics which were involved at the time.

28 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Good on him.Im glad he can see how highly the current crop are thought of.

Whether it's Vic Pol or the AFP there seems to be an obsession with image and branding.

Thats because the image is awful.

So the action goes out the window as they struggle to deal with maters promptly.

"How will people think about us if we do this" is not the way to do anything.

• Like 2

Jurisdictions ..SOPs etc would/Should have been well and truly in place and one would hope tested and practiced.

I don't see how that's really the issue.

An ability/inability to act efficiently seems the topic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Good on him.Im glad he can see how highly the current crop are thought of.

Whether it's Vic Pol or the AFP there seems to be an obsession with image and branding.

Thats because the image is awful.

So the action goes out the window as they struggle to deal with maters promptly.

"How will people think about us if we do this" is not the way to do anything.

You seem acutely aware of what goes on internally within the law enforcement agencies.  HTF do you know what they think on a daily basis.  I can assure you 'branding' is the last thing on their mind.  Perhaps we should go back to the days of rubber hoses and telephone books?

I'll leave it there.  

49 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

I don't envy your son in law iva. The police are not just the frontline of ensuring the public's safety they are also the front line and patsy for the puerile and frankly dangerous political posturing on both sides of politics of the 'get tough on crime' song and dance. A pathetic situation that is being fueled by the Hun (who before our very noses are shaping our key social policies) and run hard by the Liberal party because it is the only chance they have of winning the next election and then of course matched by the labor party who want to avoid losing the next election.  Result? Poor policy. That does not work.

1 minute ago, binman said:

I don't envy your son in law iva. The police are not just the frontline of ensuring the public's safety they are also the front line and patsy for the puerile and frankly dangerous political posturing on both sides of politics of the 'get tough on crime' song and dance.

this I agree with totally

the rest is a positional commentary and one can write one for either side of the nutbaggery we call government

4 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

You seem acutely aware of what goes on internally within the law enforcement agencies.  HTF do you know what they think on a daily basis.  I can assure you 'branding' is the last thing on their mind.  Perhaps we should go back to the days of rubber hoses and telephone books?

I'll leave it there.  

I don't need to know what they think to see the results.

They're useless- we get ads about speeding,drink driving etc and fined for doing 43 in a 40 zone and the bigger problems like carjacking,home invasion,ice and nutjobs are not dealt with. 

1 minute ago, Biffen said:

I don't need to know what they think to see the results.

They're useless- we get ads about speeding,drink driving etc and fined for doing 43 in a 40 zone and the bigger problems like carjacking,home invasion,ice and nutjobs are not dealt with. 

That is a societal problem, not a law enforcement issue alone.  As for doing 43 in a 40 zone?  There is a very simple solution to that; don't do it.  Problem solved.  Have to say though, interesting how you conflate a traffic offence with endemic social issues.

1 minute ago, iv'a worn smith said:

That is a societal problem, not a law enforcement issue alone.  As for doing 43 in a 40 zone?  There is a very simple solution to that; don't do it.  Problem solved.  Have to say though, interesting how you conflate a traffic offence with endemic social issues.

I disagree iva..he plainly provided the more important issues

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I disagree iva..he plainly provided the more important issues

Really?

I fail to see that.

1 minute ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Really?

I fail to see that.

"out speeding,drink driving etc and fined for doing 43 in a 40 zone and the bigger problems like carjacking,home invasion,ice and nutjobs are not dealt with. "

easier ??

10 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

fcs, bring back christine nixon

lets not

11 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

"out speeding,drink driving etc and fined for doing 43 in a 40 zone and the bigger problems like carjacking,home invasion,ice and nutjobs are not dealt with. "

easier ??

The point I make is it is ridiculous to conflate two very different issues, particularly when the the bigger problems go beyond mere law enforcement, but rather are endemic societal problems.  The subscribers to black and whiteness (and I don't mean the filth) on issues entirely miss the point. 

As with many things, policing has had to change as the world has changed.  As much as there are those that still want to live in the 60's - after all it was '64 when we last won a flag - today's world is far more complex, for better or worse, but that's what we have.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

Iva..I think , as often the case, its not those on the front line at fault. Invariably they are left to work with one arm tied behind backs and one leg in a brace. The MAS debacle as with Lindt cafe and so many other issues/circumstances is institutional . As they say a fish rots from the head down

3 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Yep, this has all been caused by Christine Nixon.

As a law enforcement body we have a brilliant revenue collection service but not very good protection from crims.

That was my point.

Police are more likely to be collecting money than stopping crime.

Is that clear?

They even have a corporate relations sector!!