Gazza going?

Hogans Heroe"s

25 minutes ago, DominatrixTyson said:

Maybe this should be re-visited after two excellent games and now an article about the Bulldogs looking to recruit him on SEN. Maybe this is an opportunity for Melbourne to bolster their midfield and forward line for the following two years at a bargain price.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/04/18/suitors-starting-to-emerge-for-gazza/

Bargain price? If the article is valid then we'd have to offer well above 400g to match Geelong and who knows what from the Bulldogs. And also give up our first-rounder to GC at the very least. I wouldn't necessarily say no but it won't be a freebie like Lewis.

22 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Bargain price? If the article is valid then we'd have to offer well above 400g to match Geelong and who knows what from the Bulldogs. And also give up our first-rounder to GC at the very least. I wouldn't necessarily say no but it won't be a freebie like Lewis.

If it takes 1.5 million to get him for two years even with a league wide 20% salary increase, then you're really getting him for 600k. What would we trade to Gold Coast? How about a mega package to lure him AND Steven May? Something involving a first round pick, a pick swap and a player OR two first round picks and some steak knives/player? Bolstering midfield, forward line and defence in one fell swoop. Anyway. Fantasy trade talk.

Edited by DominatrixTyson

1 hour ago, DominatrixTyson said:

If it takes 1.5 million to get him for two years even with a league wide 20% salary increase, then you're really getting him for 600k. What would we trade to Gold Coast? How about a mega package to lure him AND Steven May? Something involving a first round pick, a pick swap and a player OR two first round picks and some steak knives/player? Bolstering midfield, forward line and defence in one fell swoop. Anyway. Fantasy trade talk.

A two-year deal could be feasible but we'd want to know we're firmly in the window and extra capable of snatching one with his addition to the squad. Otherwise, it has all  the hall-marks of a major f/u and I'd rather the Bulldogs go sell their farm (again) along with Richmond, Hawthorn and North.

Edited by Skuit
sp

Haha a couple of weeks is a long time in football...

Gary Ablett is phoning it in and finished. What should we offer to get him to the Demons?

He was always going to bounce back. Some people are so myopic.

• Like 1

It would be like Brisbane with Fevola or Richmond with Cousins.

A big chunk of salary cap, a misfiring player past his best who isn't committed, a spot on the list wasted, and a lot of heartache.

We have a list in really good shape and don't need to put a grenade under it by getting Ablett.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

It would be like Brisbane with Fevola or Richmond with Cousins.

A big chunk of salary cap, a misfiring player past his best who isn't committed, a spot on the list wasted, and a lot of heartache.

We have a list in really good shape and don't need to put a grenade under it by getting Ablett.

I'm positive our list managers would be thinking along the same lines. Definitely not worth it.

• Like 2

Bet he doesn't play out the season 

5 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Clark

Lumumba

GAJ???

Easter's over :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i think any deal involving him will have many moving parts to it - it won't be a simple swap, but could involve getting another couple of clubs involved. i still think he'll end up at the cats but i think there'll be other plays involved.

steve may is every chance to leave, apparently, and whispers have been the hawks were into him for quite a while. they need to replace gibson and may is a very good defender.

hawks are already talking about what other movements they can do if you believe what you read. breust was talked about last year, but signed a new contract, but the likes of sicily, langford and hartung are all under 25 and may look to move on. then there's isaac smith who is 28 plus schoenmakers and whitecross who are both classic 'solid citizen' players who might get picked up by another club but i reckon are pretty limited.

it could become more the norm that the likes of a gunston, ceglar etc. could end up moving to a third club, just like caddy has done this year.

at geelong could a motlop be a 'get'? he's 26, so he's either getting close to free agency level or he's at it next time he's out of contract, would he be a player that geelong are prepared to move on to bring baby judas home?

just completely making something up off the top of my head:

gc17 - geelong's first round pick, melbourne's second round pick, luke breust
geelong: ablett, hawthorn's third round pick
hawthorn - may
melbourne - steve motlop

Its whispered he has family issues.

in other words they are all radio rental,as we know.

Jesus will find him a club.

• Like 2

He is the kind of player who can still influence the game with a shot body, but a shot mind is curtains for him. He seems disengaged and at his age I think he would probably hang them up rather than go on.